+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pune University - WES Credential Evaluation process step by step

watt_head

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Udaipur
NOC Code......
Hello,
No need to take the originals to the university. Self attest all the copies yourself and fill the self attestation form, you'll get a link to it after filling the online form. I sent everything in an envelope via post as I was not in pune. You can hand deliver and also pick up(not sure) the transcripts if you are in pune. mention your Wes reference number on the envelope containing the transcripts and the copy of your degree with the outer envelope just to be sure.
Hope it helps.
Cheers
@watt_head @Nick~Nick
If I get your posts right, below is the process. Please correct if wrong:

1. First I have to fill online form for Transcript on Pune University website.

2. Take xerox copies of Marksheets, online application form, challan copy and submit to University(need to take original marksheets for verification while submitting).

3. University will send Sealed Envelope to my home address.

4. This sealed envelope containing my Transcript and one copy of Degree Certificate, I have to pack in Envelope and send it to WES via FedEx (mentioning WES reference number on top of this outer envelope).

amitjadhav24

Dec 13, 2017
Hello,
No need to take the originals to the university. Self attest all the copies yourself and fill the self attestation form, you'll get a link to it after filling the online form. I sent everything in an envelope via post as I was not in pune. You can hand deliver and also pick up(not sure) the transcripts if you are in pune. mention your Wes reference number on the envelope containing the transcripts and the copy of your degree with the outer envelope just to be sure.
Hope it helps.
Cheers
@watt_head Thanks.
So, let me just rephrase the steps again:
1. First I have to fill online form for Transcript on Pune University website - DONE ALREADY

2. Take xerox copies of Marksheets, online application form, challan copy and submit to University(need to take original marksheets for verification while submitting) - I WILL COURIER THEM SELF ATTESTED COPIES OF MARKSHEETS AND SELF-ATTESTATION FORM ALONGWITH APPLICATION FORM AND CHALLAN COPY.

3. University will send Sealed Envelope to my home address. - HOPE THEY SEND IT TO ME

4. This sealed envelope containing my Transcript and one copy of Degree Certificate, I have to pack in Envelope and send it to WES via FedEx (mentioning WES reference number on top of this outer envelope).- I WILL WRITE WES REFERENCE NO ON TRANSCRIPT ENVELOPE AS WELL AS OUTER ENVELOPE.

Just one more doubt, I paid fees for 4 marksheets (yearly), but I read that we also need to pay for Envelope to the University, but I didn't any option for that while submit the application. Will the University send me in proper Envelope or need to somehow pay them for this?

watt_head

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Udaipur
NOC Code......
Hello,
Yes you are absolutely right this time around. The payment for envelope is when you do attestation. It is not required in the case of transcripts.
Cheers
@watt_head Thanks.
So, let me just rephrase the steps again:
1. First I have to fill online form for Transcript on Pune University website - DONE ALREADY

2. Take xerox copies of Marksheets, online application form, challan copy and submit to University(need to take original marksheets for verification while submitting) - I WILL COURIER THEM SELF ATTESTED COPIES OF MARKSHEETS AND SELF-ATTESTATION FORM ALONGWITH APPLICATION FORM AND CHALLAN COPY.

3. University will send Sealed Envelope to my home address. - HOPE THEY SEND IT TO ME

4. This sealed envelope containing my Transcript and one copy of Degree Certificate, I have to pack in Envelope and send it to WES via FedEx (mentioning WES reference number on top of this outer envelope).- I WILL WRITE WES REFERENCE NO ON TRANSCRIPT ENVELOPE AS WELL AS OUTER ENVELOPE.

Just one more doubt, I paid fees for 4 marksheets (yearly), but I read that we also need to pay for Envelope to the University, but I didn't any option for that while submit the application. Will the University send me in proper Envelope or need to somehow pay them for this?

Reactions: amitjadhav24

maithreyi85

Jan 4, 2018
Hello @amitjadhav24, @watt_head

After going through the forum, and seeing varying responses wanted to quickly confirm on the process listed above. I also want to apply for WES evaluation for the purposes of Express Entry and would need the transcripts from Pune University. So just to confirm, when you are filling out the online application, if you select "Transcript" and not "Certification Attestation", is that enough for the University to then send the transcripts in a Sealed Envelope? Which we can then further send to WES? I am seeing different responses as to folks who have selected transcript, not having received them in an envelope so wanted to confirm the same.

watt_head

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Udaipur
NOC Code......
Hello @amitjadhav24, @watt_head

After going through the forum, and seeing varying responses wanted to quickly confirm on the process listed above. I also want to apply for WES evaluation for the purposes of Express Entry and would need the transcripts from Pune University. So just to confirm, when you are filling out the online application, if you select "Transcript" and not "Certification Attestation", is that enough for the University to then send the transcripts in a Sealed Envelope? Which we can then further send to WES? I am seeing different responses as to folks who have selected transcript, not having received them in an envelope so wanted to confirm the same.
I chose the transcript option and received sealed ones from Pune University. I ordered more than one copy so that I can open one and see if everything was in order. Used the sealed one for Wes and had no problems whatsoever. I believe the attestation is a good option if you are based in pune or you have someone who can do it for you. Traveling to pune was just too cumbersome for me for this so gave the transcripts a chance and worked out just fine for me. I was also skeptic initially whether I would receive sealed copies or not, maybe you should also order more than one copy just to be sure. I received all the sealed copies in a larger envelope.
Hope it helps. Cheers.

maithreyi85

Jan 4, 2018
Thanks for your response. Helps quite a bit! Also had one another question. I also have a Master's Degree from a US University. In this case, is an education evaluation required for both my Master's and Batchelor's? Will the points change?

watt_head

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Udaipur
NOC Code......
Thanks for your response. Helps quite a bit! Also had one another question. I also have a Master's Degree from a US University. In this case, is an education evaluation required for both my Master's and Batchelor's? Will the points change?
I would say you don't need to get your bachelor's assessed if you have an US masters. The reason for that being US masters requires you to have 12+4 undergrad education for entry. So your masters from US will be assessed as a masters by WES. So just skip the bachelor's and get your masters assessed by WES. Should work out just fine for you.

maithreyi85

Jan 4, 2018
I would say you don't need to get your bachelor's assessed if you have an US masters. The reason for that being US masters requires you to have 12+4 undergrad education for entry. So your masters from US will be assessed as a masters by WES. So just skip the bachelor's and get your masters assessed by WES. Should work out just fine for you.
Great thank you!

Explorer77

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
26-06-2018
Hi All,

I am B.Com and MBA from Pune University. I am a bit confused here with reference to the number of documents to be sent for ECA. Do I need to send all the score-sheets of B.Com (3 of them) and MBA (4 score-sheets, 1 per semester) or just the final scorecards which includes subjects and scores of all semesters?

Can anyone please let me know?

Last edited:

matrixreloded

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Hello,
Me and my sister have recently given IELTS exam. I dont know how to proceed with the ECA application and hence decided to ask here for help. Our info is as follows:

1> Me (Pune University)
Qualification: MBA-IT (BCA for bachelors)

2> Sister (Pune University)
Qualification: BA

My queries are:
1> Can i create 1 application for both me and my sister?
2> When i checked ECA website they said send bachelors degree along with masters but when the form is displayed it only allows to enter details of 1 course like start date and end date? What to do regarding this?
3> During WES ECA online evaluation i saw degree class / division. what does it mean? it gives three options 'not applicable','1','3'. What do these options mean?
4> Exactly what do i need to get from pune university? Only transcripts? or transcripts + degree certificates? or transcripts + degree certificates + marksheet.
5> For the UNI online process do i order the transcripts first? & when they are delivered do i then take my degree certificate + transcripts back to uni to get them attested?
Exactly which part do i have to complete online first?

Thanks.

parveen90

Jan 10, 2018
Hello All,

I need a help, as I have to do the WES process from pune university.

I have done BCS and MCA total is 6 years of education. But i don't have convocation degree for MCA means that I have apply for it remaining i have everything.

And When i visited to university site there are 2 thing Transcript and certification Attestation so I have to do both the process or only certification Attestation.

And in certificate Attestation i have proceed with degree which we received at convocation time or for certificate

Could you please help me? It urgent. And How much time it will take.

aatd

Jan 11, 2018
Dear All,

I personally went to the Pune university for transcripts where i attached my degree and mark sheets. The authorized person returned by degree copy and mentioned that only the mark sheet is required and will be send as transcripts to your mentioned post.

To my knowledge degree copy has to be attached too but the university is not willing to accept it for the transcripts.

Experienced friends; kindly advice.