+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected Person - Permanent Residency

Walas

Jun 19, 2020
Guys a quick question, when you applied for the PR, did you send a copy of only the notice of decision alone or did you send a copy of the decision along with the reasons why the judge accepted your claim? Would be a great help if someone can answer me this :)
For me, I just sent the notice of decision. but you can send it along with the reasons.
Good luck.

Sherbrook

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Hey Walas, did you receive a message saying that or process is completed and ur file been transferred to local ircc? If yes how many days did you get your COPR letter? And did you receive ur COPR as email or in ur physical mail? Thanks

Walas

Jun 19, 2020
Hey Walas, did you receive a message saying that or process is completed and ur file been transferred to local ircc? If yes how many days did you get your COPR letter? And did you receive ur COPR as email or in ur physical mail? Thanks
I received it in my CIC account profile. and the process shows as completed 100%. and sent me a letter to apply for the PR card.

Walas

Jun 19, 2020
Congratulations! could you share your timeline?
Review of eligibility
  • November 9, 2020 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results
  • November 8, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • Not applicable.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • November 8, 2020 Your background check was completed.
Final decision
  • November 9, 2020 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Reactions: adbcca

Awat

Sep 11, 2017
Hi folks,

I am looking for some guidance and help. I am a protected person that applied for PR in March 2018 and still haven't heard back from them. I have done some follow-ups with no luck. I really need to see my parents and I am wondering if I can travel to any Arabic countries with the refugee travel document that the visa process is not too complicated? Thank you

Last edited:

Nasri4

Oct 26, 2019
Hi folks,

I am looking for some guidance and help. I am a protected person that applied for PO in March 2018 and still haven't heard back from them. I have done some follow-ups with no luck. I really need to see my parents and I am wondering if I can travel to any Arabic countries with the refugee travel document that the visa process is not too complicated? Thank you
What’s a PO?

Nasri4

Oct 26, 2019
Hi folks,

I am looking for some guidance and help. I am a protected person that applied for PO in March 2018 and still haven't heard back from them. I have done some follow-ups with no luck. I really need to see my parents and I am wondering if I can travel to any Arabic countries with the refugee travel document that the visa process is not too complicated? Thank you
I’m not sure if you mean PR by PO, but if so, did you apply in March 2019 or 2018!? If 2018 you should definitely contact IRCC as it has been more than the processing times, as stated in their website. You can even ask your MP to enquire on your behalf. However, if you applied in March 2019, I would stay it’s pretty normal because I applied in February 2019 and I just heard back from them about three weeks ago. Either way, I think you should order GCMS notes to have an idea of where are they on your application and I think it would help ease your mind a bit.

As for visiting your family, I have traveled with my RTD to see my parents and did Umra in Saudi Arabia before I received my PR

P.S: ( some people say it’s better not travel until your PR is finalized, but I did anyways as many before me did and didn’t face any issues).

Awat

Sep 11, 2017
I’m not sure if you mean PR by PO, but if so, did you apply in March 2019 or 2018!? If 2018 you should definitely contact IRCC as it has been more than the processing times, as stated in their website. You can even ask your MP to enquire on your behalf. However, if you applied in March 2019, I would stay it’s pretty normal because I applied in February 2019 and I just heard back from them about three weeks ago. Either way, I think you should order GCMS notes to have an idea of where are they on your application and I think it would help ease your mind a bit.

As for visiting your family, I have traveled with my RTD to see my parents and did Umra in Saudi Arabia before I received my PR

P.S: ( some people say it’s better not travel until your PR is finalized, but I did anyways as many before me did and didn’t face any issues).
Thank you for taking the time and reply, yes, unfortunately, I am 2018 applicants and the process has been taking way longer than expected and it is freaking me out, I have ordered GCMS notes and still haven't received it. I called them and contacted the web form many times and hired a representative and still can't seem to get any news from them. Does contacting MP will help?

Thank you again

Nasri4

Oct 26, 2019
Thank you for taking the time and reply, yes, unfortunately, I am 2018 applicants and the process has been taking way longer than expected and it is freaking me out, I have ordered GCMS notes and still haven't received it. I called them and contacted the web form many times and hired a representative and still can't seem to get any news from them. Does contacting MP will help?

Thank you again
Yeah no worries, I’m really sorry about this. But yes, I heard contacting your local MP helps.

If I were you, I would definitely try and get in touch with my MP as you have no other option to enquire about your application. For the GCMS notes, when did you apply for them?

Zainab umer

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020

Hi there. I just wanted to know how did u get umrah visa 0n RTD. IS iT POSSIBLE? Please reply

Nov 18, 2020
I hope someone can help me. Does anyone know how long it will take to bring my family to Canada after I've been accepted as a protected person or a refugee? Can my family come to Canada once I become a protected person or refugee or is it absolutely necessary to have the PR? The family that I'm talking about are my dependants and I will put them as so in my BOC form. Thank you!

Nasri4

Oct 26, 2019
Hi there. I just wanted to know how did u get umrah visa 0n RTD. IS iT POSSIBLE? Please reply
Hello,

for the “Umrah visa”, you can get it with your RTD but you MUST have your PR.

However; for me, I entered Saudi Arabia with a “Family Visit Visa” because my family resides there so basically they just made an invitation for me to visit them.