+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected Person - Permanent Residency

Blakky2

Aug 12, 2020
Hello Guys

I got a letter from IRCC that states that we are pleased to inform you that your application is completed and Etobicoke will contact you for finalisation of your resident application. A final decision will be made at this time. please what does this mean and how long before one is contacted again. Thank you

Reactions: luckyrefugee

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Hello Guys

I got a letter from IRCC that states that we are pleased to inform you that your application is completed and Etobicoke will contact you for finalisation of your resident application. A final decision will be made at this time. please what does this mean and how long before one is contacted again. Thank you
Congratulation! this a DM
when did you apply? could you please share your timeline?

Blakky2

Aug 12, 2020
Thank you for your response. pls what is a DM I am new to the forum.

I applied in November 2018. and I got a mail November 13th 2020 that my application is completed.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Hello Guys

Congrats. Atleast someone got the DM this week. What is ur timeline please

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Thank you for your response. pls what is a DM I am new to the forum.

I applied in November 2018. and I got a mail November 13th 2020 that my application is completed.
DM It is mean a decision has been made in your application and everything is done

Just wait to receive the COPR

AmbrosioAthan

Jun 17, 2019
I being protected person applied for PR in March 2018, after 17 months today I have been informed by CIC, CPC Mississauga that my case has been approved Now I have to wait for a call letter from CIC Etobicoke for return of my PPetc and issuance of COPR.
Hello, thanks for this update. How did they word this approval you received.
in my case;After 18months of PR application as a protected person and after submitting my good police clearance. i received a letter from cic mississauga that ''

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.''
Please what does this mean?

Hnc

Nov 5, 2020
Hello, thanks for this update. How did they word this approval you received.
in my case;After 18months of PR application as a protected person and after submitting my good police clearance. i received a letter from cic mississauga that ''

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.''
Please what does this mean?
Congratulation you are almost done. This is AIP (Approved in Principle) or eligibility letter. After this you will get Approval letter (Decison Made) says your application has been completed. Then COPR (Confirmation of PR) that means you have PR. In some cases IRCC skip one of these steps and give directly COPR.

CoPR may take a couple of months.

Mrs. ch

May 8, 2019
Hi.
I got the same letter again after 4 months.
If you know something please let me know.
I don't know what to do?

Ex ツ

May 24, 2020
Hi.
I got the same letter again after 4 months.
If you know something please let me know.
I don't know what to do?
Congratulations its the AIP letter, it means you meet eligibility requirement, you will get DM soon and after that COPR, your PR journey is about to end :) in a happy way

thnk you

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Hi please I was requested to get my finger print done by FBI and also federal police in Canada, and I already get the results of FBI am waiting to get the one from Canada police and I have 27th of April 2021 to submit it. My question is do Canada police submit it direct to the immigration or do they send it to me then I submit it to immigration?

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
I being protected person applied for PR in March 2018, after 17 months today I have been informed by CIC, CPC Mississauga that my case has been approved Now I have to wait for a call letter from CIC Etobicoke for return of my PPetc and issuance of COPR.
Hi please I was requested to get my finger print done by FBI and also federal police in Canada, and I already get the results of FBI am waiting to get the one from Canada police and I have 27th of April 2021 to submit it. My question is do Canada police submit it direct to the immigration or do they send it to me then I submit it to immigration?

Mrs. ch

May 8, 2019
Congratulations its the AIP letter, it means you meet eligibility requirement, you will get DM soon and after that COPR, your PR journey is about to end :) in a happy way

thnk you
Hi Thanks for the update.
But I'm concerned because they sent me the same letter in December 2020. And now again in April 2021. That's why I'm confused?

Sheekritee

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have a question to ask. I and my mother both applied together for refugee claim and we both are accepted in one hearing. My mother was the principal applicant there. So now that we've received positive decision, can we apply separately for PR application? Or we have to apply together because our decision was together?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello everyone,
I have a question to ask. I and my mother both applied together for refugee claim and we both are accepted in one hearing. My mother was the principal applicant there. So now that we've received positive decision, can we apply separately for PR application? Or we have to apply together because our decision was together?
If your mother is principal and you are associate claimant, you can file for Permanent Application as one package. Both of you will need to fill and sign separate “Schedule A, Schedule 14 and “Additional family information” forms. I guess your NOD mentioned you and your mother alongwith your UCI