+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected Person - Permanent Residency

abelardo2017

May 2, 2020
Hey everyone, my case was accepted in Nov 2018. I applied for my PR in January 2019. I know the timeline is approximately 24 months. However are there any chances of it being processed earlier? I heard some people got it in 6 months.
Btw, I applied on March of 2019, and I have received an email that says : `This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Personsclass. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residenceas a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

Reactions: Ex ツ

Ex ツ

May 24, 2020
Btw, I applied on March of 2019, and I have received an email that says : `This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Personsclass. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residenceas a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
Congratulations you just got your AIP

Onetv1

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Congrats! It’s AIP I am March 15, 2019 I haven’t received anything yet. What’s your exact date?

Reactions: Ex ツ

Sharif4386

Oct 24, 2020
Hi there, Congrats! we are exactly in the same process. I also submitted my PR application in Mar 2019 and received my AIP letter last week after 17 months (95% progress bar). I am now waiting for my landing paper. Btw, do you have immediate family? I am wondering how long will it take from now on until they get their visa and move to Canada? any idea? Moreover, IRCC asked me to submit Generic Application Form, Schedule 14 and Addition Family Information forms for my wife, now I am wondering who should be the principle applicant in these forms, because to my understanding; IRCC is now more interested to have her information e.g. family members, education, visits to other country etc since IRCC already have my forms. Could you or anyone else went through this process kindly reply? Many thanks