+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship timeline

llivermore

May 14, 2021
You can just use an app. Ask someone to call on your behalf or download an app where you can have a Canadian number. I use an app. It works with my regular us cell phone perfectly fine.
Thanks for that tip. I wasn't aware this was possible. The 21st century is passing me by!

delphillip

Aug 22, 2012
Mailed the package on December 6, 2020 as a regular mail from the USA
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on January 4, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 24, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on May 5, 2022.

Reactions: kd73426 and teareck

straxen

May 19, 2022
Regular mail from USA. By descent.
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on November 23, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 7, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on March 25, 2022.
Since then, nothing. Seems like a long time "In Process" compared to times I'm seeing here.

llivermore

May 14, 2021
Regular mail from USA. By descent.
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on November 23, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 7, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on March 25, 2022.
Since then, nothing. Seems like a long time "In Process" compared to times I'm seeing here.
Mine has been like that since March 6, even though my status reads "Decision made." My application was received on October 14, 2020, a bit more than a month ahead of yours. There have been others, though, whose applications were submitted during that same time period and who have already received their certificates.

Reactions: teareck

delphillip

Aug 22, 2012
Sent the package as a regular mail from USA on December 6, 2020.
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on January 4, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 24, 2022 (status: in process).
  3. We started processing your application on May 5, 2022 (status: decision made).
  4. We sent your citizenship certificate on May 18, 2022 (status: complete).

Last edited:

EnverHoxha

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Mine has been like that since March 6, even though my status reads "Decision made." My application was received on October 14, 2020, a bit more than a month ahead of yours. There have been others, though, whose applications were submitted during that same time period and who have already received their certificates.
any update?

llivermore

May 14, 2021
any update?
Nothing at all. Have sent in webform inquiries, no response. Have tried calling, so far haven't been able to get through, but will keep trying.

Have also considered getting legal representation, but the firm that hosts this bulletin board says they don't take this kind of case, and another firm I inquired with wants a lot of money with no promise that they'll be able to speed things up.

EnverHoxha

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Nothing at all. Have sent in webform inquiries, no response. Have tried calling, so far haven't been able to get through, but will keep trying.

Have also considered getting legal representation, but the firm that hosts this bulletin board says they don't take this kind of case, and another firm I inquired with wants a lot of money with no promise that they'll be able to speed things up.
Mine says Started Processing April 27th. It's ridiculous how much time they spend on something that shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks.

llivermore

May 14, 2021
I guess all my complaining and griping was for nothing, and I just needed to be patient!

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on October 14, 2020.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 14, 2021.
3. We started processing your application on March 6, 2022.
4. We sent your citizenship certificate on May 31, 2022 to:

kd73426

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
I guess all my complaining and griping was for nothing, and I just needed to be patient!

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on October 14, 2020.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 14, 2021.
3. We started processing your application on March 6, 2022.
4. We sent your citizenship certificate on May 31, 2022 to:

That’s great news!!!

llivermore

May 14, 2021
Of course I haven't actually RECEIVED the certificate yet, but I'm cautiously optimistic that it won't be long now.