+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship timeline

CAPALUAE

Mar 23, 2022
Hi all, Any one has Idea about form PPTC028. I applied for my son passport and they reject it. i as Father living In canada and my son is living with his mom in India. They were saying that if the one parent not living in india then you have to fill out the PPTC028 form (consent form) Pleas this is urgent. any one please help me out.

Thank you,
Acknowledgement/Consent to Provision of Passport Facilities for a Minor Child” form (PPTC028)

Sounds like since you reside in different countries they want to make sure that the other parent is aware that one is applying for a child’s passport.

No link to PPTC028 on IRCC website. Reading elsewhere on the forum and consular websites, it looks like you need to go to a Service Canada passport office and request this form.

Good luck!

Reactions: Mohsin patel

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
Acknowledgement/Consent to Provision of Passport Facilities for a Minor Child” form (PPTC028)

Sounds like since you reside in different countries they want to make sure that the other parent is aware that one is applying for a child’s passport.

No link to PPTC028 on IRCC website. Reading elsewhere on the forum and consular websites, it looks like you need to go to a Service Canada passport office and request this form.

Good luck!
thank you so much,, appreciated,,

kd73426

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
For those of you that requested urgent processing through the webform did Ecas show that it was submitted/received? I’m just wondering how I will know if they got my request and if it was approved. Any help is appreciated!

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Hi everyone I just thought I would post my timeline here and answer any questions that anyone has. I urgently applied on behalf of my mother who was born in Germany (my grandfather was serving in the Canadian military at the time) so we needed to get proof of citizenship. I sent in the application from within Canada. Timeline is as follows:

Sent in Application: February 16th, 2022
Application Received: February 21st, 2022
Received AOR: February 23rd, 2022
Started Processing: March 7th, 2022

Last week on Friday March 25th, 2022 the status changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made", no further updates yet or anything on if it has been sent, but so far I am very happy with how my experience has gone considering so many others have waited up to 2 years.

On the status chart it doesn't show anything that they will notify me when it has sent, it just says " We have made a decision on your application and are mailing you the result. If you live inside Canada or the US we will send it to the mailing address we have on file" Should I expect an update on when they are sending it or just wait? Thanks so much everyone and again I am more that happy and willing to answer any questions anyone has because boy have I done my research lol.
WOW?? Amazing..
I hope there is no typo in the dates.
Application sent on Feb 16 2022 and Decision made on March 2022..
Did you take the TEST? Did you apply under Urgent processing?

Reactions: Sezar_Canada

llivermore

May 14, 2021
More than a month now since I got "Decision Made," and then ... nothing. Not long ago, people were getting "Complete" within two to three weeks after "Decision Made." Now, the IRCC website has been altered, giving even less info than before. All I can say is ... it's disheartening.

Sezar_Canada

Nov 17, 2013
  1. Hello Hello My friends I just opened my ecas says it's updated now
  2. We started processing your application on March 30, 2022.
  3. My last name is changed now I only can login with my new last name no more turk last name ! now only Kurd. lol

Last edited:

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
  1. Hello Hello My friends I just opened my ecas says it's updated now
  2. We started processing your application on March 30, 2022.
  3. My last name is changed now I only can login with my new last name no more turk last name ! now only Kurd. lol
Hmm that is good. I am not able to access to my application status due to some error in the link.

canadian0007

Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT MED DONE
Med's Done....
30-05-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
N/A
Hi every one I wana shair my time line.I apply citizenship certifacte for my Son who born out side of canada .Recived Application30 May2021 AOR APR13 2022

Reactions: kd73426

canadian0007

Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT MED DONE
Med's Done....
30-05-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
N/A
Anyone sent theur application in March 2021? How many months does it take to receive the AOR?
My Applaction were revived may30 2021 got AoR last week

colind1977

Jun 23, 2021
Hi Colind1977, i just wondered, did you get citizenship as a grandparent was a Crown servant in WW2, like me? If so, was that why the asked for more information. It looks like they took ages to start processing it and then also in actually processing it. I wonder if i am to expect the same. Just got my AOR letter and number. Many thanks. Good luck with the move.
Yes, he was a Crown Servant in WW2. There were slight complications with my application due to my father's birth certificate not actually naming his father. I had to supply poorf of my Grandfathers Citizenship (official Nova Scotia birth record from the Archives was required), military service records to prove he was in active service in the UK on the date of my fathers birth and finally DNA tests with close family in Nova Scotia. All of this caused a few delays, but oh so worth the wait as my certificate arrived 21st April 2022.

I would recommend getting hold of the military service records from Ottawa and official birth records as I would think they will ask for them as proof... I was told the current waiting time for the military records is 12 months, but when I applied, I stated the reason for requesting them was an open proof of citizenship application and they duly "fast tracked" my request... I actually had the records in my hand in the UK just 14 days later. I scanned the enrolment and discharge papers and I think some pages that stated he was here in the UK and emailed them across.

Last edited:

colind1977

Jun 23, 2021
Congratulations. I'm glad that everything worked out for you. How were you able to solve your parental link issue?
The parental link issue was solved by DNA tests. The closest living relative that was willing to help me was my fathers 1st cousin in Halifax.

The DNA report was very conclusive with my father being listed as 1st cousin with 99% certainty. We then needed his 1st cousin's birth certificate and his 1st cousin's mother's birth certificate to tie in to my great grandparents. A stressful time waiting for the results and a big relief now I have the certificate.

I now plan to move with my wife to Nova Scotia permanently in mid July...

colind1977

Jun 23, 2021
Wow this is great news, congratulations! The move to Canada, together with a guaranteed job, sounds very exciting... so happy for you!

How tricky was it to get the job offer? Did you apply directly to companies in Canada, or was there a firm/organization that helped you out? Sorry to derail this thread a bit.

I am also considering a move to Canada in the 2nd half of this year, need a little more time to prepare.
I found a small privately owned company in the town where I've bought a house and sent a cheeky email asking what the opportunities may be. Visited them twice when I was on vacation there and got to know them very well. I was very lucky that the company is small, and due to an impending retirement, they would be needing someone with my particular skill set and experience... just fell lucky with that one I guess... or it was just fate and meant to be...