+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship timeline

llivermore

May 14, 2021
That’s good to know, thank you! I’ve found that if I avoid thinking about it, it goes faster
That’s what worked for me. For months and months I was checking every day and getting more and more agitated and depressed about it, so finally I decided I’m just going to go on vacation and forget about it for a few weeks.

And sure enough, when I finally checked my status again, it had already been “complete” for more than a week without my even knowing it.

Reactions: tenacioustopanga

Anne_B

May 23, 2022
Hi all!
Just had my oath ceremony yesterday (yay!)
And I was wondering - an I suppose to receive a confirmation that my email with the signed form was received?
If I didn't get one should I re-send the form?
(Scarborough office)

Thanks!

Reactions: SiminB

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Hi all!
Just had my oath ceremony yesterday (yay!)
And I was wondering - an I suppose to receive a confirmation that my email with the signed form was received?
If I didn't get one should I re-send the form?
(Scarborough office)

Thanks!
Congrats!
No, they will not respond to that email. my husband had his oath last week with the Scarborough office, and he did not get a confirmation for sending the signed form. His certificate arrived yesterday.[

• Love
Reactions: Anne_B

Anne_B

May 23, 2022
Congrats!
No, they will not respond to that email. my husband had his oath last week with the Scarborough office, and he did not get a confirmation for sending the signed form. His certificate arrived yesterday.[
Thanks! I was starting to stress LOL

kd73426

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
Another update
Application received - April 15, 2021
AOR - March 28, 2022
Application is processing - June 18, 2022
We mailed your certificate- June 21, 2022

I sent in a webfrom requesting urgent processing because we need the certificate for Alberta healthcare. The first webform I submitted was not attached to the file so I reached out to my MP to help get my evidence of why I needed urgent processing attached to the file.

llivermore

May 14, 2021
Got my certificate today. What a happy conclusion to almost two years of waiting and worrying and getting stressed out. Thanks to everyone here for the information and support you've provided along the way.

llivermore

May 14, 2021
Got my certificate today. What a happy conclusion to almost two years of waiting and worrying and getting stressed out. Thanks to everyone here for the information and support you've provided along the way.
Oddly enough, today I received, finally, a reply to a webform inquiry that I sent over two months ago (May 5) asking about the delay in my case. They assured me that they had checked my information and that my case was still in progress, and recommended that I use the online tool to check my status.

Which, if they had bothered to take their own advice, would have told them that my status was changed to "complete" and my citizenship certificate sent on May 31. Makes you wonder if there are actual humans answering these webforms, or if it's all done by computers. Ah well, all's well that ends well, etc...

EnverHoxha

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Oddly enough, today I received, finally, a reply to a webform inquiry that I sent over two months ago (May 5) asking about the delay in my case. They assured me that they had checked my information and that my case was still in progress, and recommended that I use the online tool to check my status.

Which, if they had bothered to take their own advice, would have told them that my status was changed to "complete" and my citizenship certificate sent on May 31. Makes you wonder if there are actual humans answering these webforms, or if it's all done by computers. Ah well, all's well that ends well, etc...
Happy for you! Such a long time for such a simple thing, I think discovering the source of the Nile took less time.