Proof of Citizenship timeline

Sam4454

Jul 20, 2022
Another update
Application received - April 15, 2021
AOR - March 28, 2022
Application is processing - June 18, 2022
We mailed your certificate- June 21, 2022

I sent in a webfrom requesting urgent processing because we need the certificate for Alberta healthcare. The first webform I submitted was not attached to the file so I reached out to my MP to help get my evidence of why I needed urgent processing attached to the file.
Did you get your certificate yet?

Sam4454

Jul 20, 2022
How long does it take to get the certificate?

I'm in Alberta and status (proof of Canadian citizenship) says they mailed it June 29, nothing so far. It takes that long to mail within Canada? Does not make any sense.

rollingwooloo

Jul 22, 2022
Sent my application back in February/March 2021 to change my name and gender marker and still haven't gotten it back. The whole process is so long and trivial for such a simple change.

Got an update on my online tracker finally saying "Decision Made" and "We started processing your application on June 26, 2022." Honestly so happy that this whole process was finally done but then I come on here and read that it's not even true. There's like a whole other step where they say they've printed off your certificate and sent it to you?? Then why does it say Decision Made and then complete radio silence for almost a month.

I even tried linking my paper application to an account on IRCC and it doesn't even work. The information I put in is right but it still can't find my application. And the three options they let you pick on why you're replacing your certificate don't even apply to me so what am I supposed to choose? Damaged, lost and stolen.

Hoping by posting here I'll be graced by the Gods and actually see a change on my application. I am so stressed out that they rejected it.

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on March 16, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 22, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on June 26, 2022.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
How long does it take to get the certificate?

I'm in Alberta and status (proof of Canadian citizenship) says they mailed it June 29, nothing so far. It takes that long to mail within Canada? Does not make any sense.
My experience is that them saying they mailed it and you receiving can be up to a month. I can only guss that to them 'mailed' means something more like sent it to the mail room or sent it for printing and there's a hold-up in the mail room (for example).

• Haha
Reactions: Wandering Mind

rollingwooloo

Jul 22, 2022
Finally got an update on my application a month after they started processing. It says my status is complete and that they're sending me my certificate. Now it's the waiting game to see when it'll be in my mailbox.
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on March 16, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 22, 2022.
  4. We sent your citizenship certificate on July 25, 2022...

Sam4454

Jul 20, 2022
My experience is that them saying they mailed it and you receiving can be up to a month. I can only guss that to them 'mailed' means something more like sent it to the mail room or sent it for printing and there's a hold-up in the mail room (for example).
Thank you

Sam4454

Jul 20, 2022
Finally got an update on my application a month after they started processing. It says my status is complete and that they're sending me my certificate. Now it's the waiting game to see when it'll be in my mailbox.
  4. We sent your citizenship certificate on July 25, 2022...
Let us know when you get it, and if you are in Canada or abroad. They mailed mine June 29, and nothing. I'm in AB.

Aman_142

Dec 6, 2021
Trying to get an idea of how long it will take to receive my citizenship certificate.
I'd like to hear back from those who recently went through this, or going through this.

I mailed mine from within Canada and it was received in NS on April 1st.
I guess it is too early for an AOR but every time I call to see if they received it, they don't even have a temp file number nor they can look it up using my receipt number.

Please note, I am not asking about a grant of citizenship. This is for people who are already Canadians and need to get proof of their citizenship.
did u get a UCI number allotted

Sam4454

Jul 20, 2022
Nothing for me yet, says certificate mailed June 29, I'm pretty sure it's lost as it shouldn't take that long to mail inside Canada.

They said I have to wait 6 weeks from June 29 before they act.

I'm just so sick of this process and this country, utterly failing on every level.

I just want to get the paper so my kid can get his passport and we can get out of this dump country.