+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
I have PRTD valid till Mid of September and I can't travel due to Covid and flight restrictions. I want to apply for new PRTD before first PRTD expired or after Expired.
Can anyone guide,

1 Is there be any issue if I apply for fresh PRTD while first PRTD is valid till Mid of September??
2 Is there be any issue if my PRTD expire without using??

I will appreciate your reply
I don't think it matters now. they will take their time to review the application
I believe PRTD decsions are taken by local embassy
so your concern should be whether VFS is open and taking applications or not
also yoi might want to consider the 4 months delay on getting a new PRC once you arrive/re-apply. - in case you were planning on coming back after getting a new PRC

andrella_malton

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
I don't think it matters now. they will take their time to review the application
I believe PRTD decsions are taken by local embassy
so your concern should be whether VFS is open and taking applications or not
also yoi might want to consider the 4 months delay on getting a new PRC once you arrive/re-apply. - in case you were planning on coming back after getting a new PRC
Thanks for your response

Also you or someone can reply.

1. If I apply through email, so what about the original passport submission.
2. If I got approval and don't want to go within 30 days or want to go within 6 months or they give any validity or more (can my passport be stamped when office VFS office is open)

Thanks

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
Thanks for your response

Also you or someone can reply.

1. If I apply through email, so what about the original passport submission.

there isn't. they should give LoA that you can present to Airlines or if VFS is open to the embassy for the counterfoil
I am saying this, based on my understanding from various threads

2. If I got approval and don't want to go within 30 days or want to go within 6 months or they give any validity or more (can my passport be stamped when office VFS office is open)

the letter validity is only 30 days. you will need to send email for another in case you were not able to travel
I am saying this, based on my understanding from various similar threads. many people have expired CoPR and couldn't travel. they are in the same limbo
they are going with raising Web-forms

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/page-594

having said that I believe they are taking into consideration the travel date you specify in the application
if it is sooner + VFS/Embassy is operating in the country of your residence you might hear from them sooner -

Thanks

Mandeep@Sran

Aug 30, 2020
It’s been 6 weeks since I submitted my application and haven’t received a response. I’m not sure if it has to do with a mistake in my application so I’d like to know from those who have received a response if the use of parentheses () is required in the subject line of my email. Eg. PRTD application: (John Doe).

Perhaps a failure to use parentheses could stop the ERP from picking up the email. What do you folks think?
Hi,I also applied prtd a month ago and didn’t heard anything after,I hope you must receive your prtd now and if yes,could you please let me know how long it took in your case?
Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have PRTD valid till Mid of September and I can't travel due to Covid and flight restrictions. I want to apply for new PRTD before first PRTD expired or after Expired.
Can anyone guide,

1 Is there be any issue if I apply for fresh PRTD while first PRTD is valid till Mid of September??

You’ll only granted a new PRTD once you prove that you are ready to travel.

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
You’ll only granted a new PRTD once you prove that you are ready to travel.
is this an assumption or is it based on recent experiences that you have read about on PRTD cases?
rembr copr and PRTD are two different things, each with different bodies involved in processing

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
is this an assumption or is it based on recent experiences that you have read about on PRTD cases?
rembr copr and PRTD are two different things, each with different bodies involved in processing
CIC foes not want to keep on issuing PRTDs if people aren’t intending on returning to Canada in the near future. It is not good use of scare resources, If you are applying for PRTD based on H&C reasons I would probably apply again but it is up to CIC whether they process or not. They may ask for a proof of you flight back to Canada. There are very few examples of PRTD based on H&C what have expired PRTDs.

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
CIC foes not want to keep on issuing PRTDs if people aren’t intending on returning to Canada in the near future. It is not good use of scare resources, If you are applying for PRTD based on H&C reasons I would probably apply again but it is up to CIC whether they process or not. They may ask for a proof of you flight back to Canada. There are very few examples of PRTD based on H&C what have expired PRTDs.
cant speak on behalf of any embassy
but your statement doesn't hold water during the current situation
no int;l flights, almost closed Canadian borders
but yes, including flight details would be wise along with other dcts like Qtn plan, etc
thanks

Last edited:

piedpiper

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Can anyone guide,

I suggest you fly with your valid PRTD now. Don't wait for COVID to subside. It may take a very long time. Flights are operating from India to Europe. From there you can take a connecting flight.

Last edited:

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hi I am planning to book my ticket for October 30 as I have a PRTD approved through email. Shall I proceed with booking and send the itinerary to get LOA. Or is it advisable to hold until VFS Opens. I did my landing in Feb 2020

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
No reply from PRTD covid email yet. same status. Application approved but no response to further flight boooking communication. His flight was booked for Sep 6, 2020. Looks like he will have to cancel his booking.
He also reached out from webform and got a weird reply that ' your file is at the local visa office' followed by the Covid-19 delay template. No concrete reply at all. I am wondering if any one here is in the same boat ?

Also, does anyone know when will VFS India open? He is losing time on Residency Obligation. Thanks.
Hi I am also planning to send my tickets to the same email where i got the PRTD approved. Did your friend do a physical landing or has he done the virtual landing.

Dreamszalone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
Hi I am planning to book my ticket for October 30 as I have a PRTD approved through email. Shall I proceed with booking and send the itinerary to get LOA. Or is it advisable to hold until VFS Opens. I did my landing in Feb 2020
Can you please share your timeline when you applied for PRTD and when you got the approval?

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
No reply from PRTD covid email yet. same status. Application approved but no response to further flight boooking communication. His flight was booked for Sep 6, 2020. Looks like he will have to cancel his booking.
He also reached out from webform and got a weird reply that ' your file is at the local visa office' followed by the Covid-19 delay template. No concrete reply at all. I am wondering if any one here is in the same boat ?

Also, does anyone know when will VFS India open? He is losing time on Residency Obligation. Thanks.
Hi did you get any update from IRCC about your friends LOA to travel. I am emailing IRCC regarding my PR card and for five times they are sending the same Covid-19 template reply.

Now I have booked my flight for 05 Nov 2020 and sent the tickets but no reply. Because, if we sent it within 30 days of approval they are approving it in 2 business days and I have crossed the 30 day mark. One of the other person mentioned he got the LOA in 2 business days when he applied within the 30 day mark.