+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

robal

Star Member
Sep 19, 2015
You got
It’s been 6 weeks since I submitted my application and haven’t received a response. I’m not sure if it has to do with a mistake in my application so I’d like to know from those who have received a response if the use of parentheses () is required in the subject line of my email. Eg. PRTD application: (John Doe).

Perhaps a failure to use parentheses could stop the ERP from picking up the email. What do you folks think?
you got your PRTD or not?

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Hi did you get any update from IRCC about your friends LOA to travel. I am emailing IRCC regarding my PR card and for five times they are sending the same Covid-19 template reply.

Now I have booked my flight for 05 Nov 2020 and sent the tickets but no reply. Because, if we sent it within 30 days of approval they are approving it in 2 business days and I have crossed the 30 day mark. One of the other person mentioned he got the LOA in 2 business days when he applied within the 30 day mark.
Hi,
This has very stressful for him. His first flight was booked for Sep 6, 2020 and because he did not hear from them, he eventually cancelled his flight and after cancellation heard from IRCC that they preferred a more direct route to Canada (His previous itinerary had very long layover of more than 2 days. They said it's a risk and cannot guarantee if the transiting country would accept letter of travel authorization with such a long layover). Hence, my friend booked a new ticket within 24 hours and sent them a new itinerary on September 2. Surprisingly, there has been no answer to that email and it's very disappointing to not hear from IRCC after that. His next flight is booked for Sep 30 and today is Sep 14. No reply except templates. It's not good on their part to not reply to an active ongoing communication with someone.

• Sad
Reactions: gokul0989

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hi,
This has very stressful for him. His first flight was booked for Sep 6, 2020 and because he did not hear from them, he eventually cancelled his flight and after cancellation heard from IRCC that they preferred a more direct route to Canada (His previous itinerary had very long layover of more than 2 days. They said it's a risk and cannot guarantee if the transiting country would accept letter of travel authorization with such a long layover). Hence, my friend booked a new ticket within 24 hours and sent them a new itinerary on September 2. Surprisingly, there has been no answer to that email and it's very disappointing to not hear from IRCC after that. His next flight is booked for Sep 30 and today is Sep 14. No reply except templates. It's not good on their part to not reply to an active ongoing communication with someone.
I understand it is very frustrating and testing time for your friend and hope he will receive the letter soon. I have some time left though and hopefully they can send me a LOA before my travel date. Good luck and keep us posted. Thank you.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hi,
My LOA also got declined because I applied at date when my actual travel date is more than 30 days from the application date. Now I have to wait for VFS to open or I may have to send my itinerary again at a closer date to my travel.

Irkhan

Nov 16, 2013
Hi; I Applied for PRTD on 6th of Aug via Email as Offices are closed; But Still No Reply Since VFS is open and excepting PRTD; Shall i apply paper application also please advise. Thanks

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
I am in UAE
Yes I think VFS is open from 21 st September onwards. So you can submit a physical application. But, once check if you have provided all the documents that were asked at the time of application of PRTD. Also, if possible send and email to request about the status of your PRTD applied via email.

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Hi,
He got his Letter today.
Just wanted to let everyone know.
Thank you all.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
He got his Letter today.
Just wanted to let everyone know.
Thank you all.
Thats great to hear and all the best to him.

Could you please let me know which airline he booked the ticket. I have booked through emirates with a stop in Dubai, would that be a reason for declining my LOA request. Appreciate your reply.

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Thats great to hear and all the best to him.

Could you please let me know which airline he booked the ticket. I have booked through emirates with a stop in Dubai, would that be a reason for declining my LOA request. Appreciate your reply.
Hi,
He is going with Air India.
Hope it helps in some way.

Reactions: gokul0989
Nov 30, 2019
Hi, I received my CoPR in September recently but wont be having my PR card anytime soon.
I need to travel URGENTLY to India in the coming week, just want to know if PRTD will be enough to travel back to Canada from India

and anyone faced any issues in applying for PRTD, please share your insights and information.

Any help/info. is appreciated. Thank you!

sahib 123

Jun 26, 2016
Hi,I also applied prtd a month ago and didn’t heard anything after,I hope you must receive your prtd now and if yes,could you please let me know how long it took in your case?
Thanks.
Hi, did you get your prtd, I applied on 5 th August, no response till now

sahib 123

Jun 26, 2016
Hello All
I'm new in this forum
I have applied for online PRTD application on july 03 but I havent heard anything from IRCC yet. Is there anyone who applied in july first week who got approval or still waiting to get approval
Hi , did you get your PRTD, I applied on 5th August, no response till now