+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

Singhss

Aug 29, 2020
My status under background check shows :- we will inform you when we start your background check.
Earlier it was NOT APPLICABLE.
what this means?

NEHA_86

Mar 27, 2017
Create a Gckey account if you don't have one already, choose link application, choose permanent residence card and enter your information, that's it.
i am talking about PRTD application which i sent via email as VAC is closed in india. i got the acknowledgement email but no application number or anything is mentioned only thing is mentioned that we acknowledge email and once application is process we will inform you via email.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
i am talking about PRTD application which i sent via email as VAC is closed in india. i got the acknowledgement email but no application number or anything is mentioned only thing is mentioned that we acknowledge email and once application is process we will inform you via email.
Hi, I think there is no means by which we can link the PRTD application submitted through email to check the status. You may give a try by sending an enquiry to the same email, asking for an update.

NEHA_86

Mar 27, 2017
Hi, I think there is no means by which we can link the PRTD application submitted through email to check the status. You may give a try by sending an enquiry to the same email, asking for an update.
Ya thanks I have the same feeling.just wanted to check if you any idea how much time they are taking to make decision? Usually it's 5 weeks normal scenario but any idea in covid how much time they are taking? Anyone of your known applied for prdt via email?

Singhss

Aug 29, 2020
I have applied prtd through email, got just one confirmation email without any application number or any other details. I have made gckey account, linked my application, status is shown there.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Ya thanks I have the same feeling.just wanted to check if you any idea how much time they are taking to make decision? Usually it's 5 weeks normal scenario but any idea in covid how much time they are taking? Anyone of your known applied for prdt via email?
I also applied via email for my PRTD and got approval in one week. In July the processing was faster, but now I don't know why it is being delayed.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Create a Gckey account if you don't have one already, choose link application, choose permanent residence card and enter your information, that's it.
Hi, I am trying to do that for my PR card, but I have not been able to do it at all. Does the location where we are in also matters when trying to link an application.

NEHA_86

Mar 27, 2017
I have applied prtd through email, got just one confirmation email without any application number or any other details. I have made gckey account, linked my application, status is shown there.
How do u link can pls explain step by step how to link once you have gckey account after that what next?

Singhss

Aug 29, 2020
How do u link can pls explain step by step how to link once you have gckey account after that what next?
Select :- Permanent resident card ( category ), then fill further details as requested like name, date you became PR, etc. On submitting details, it will search your application.

NEHA_86

Mar 27, 2017
Select :- Permanent resident card ( category ), then fill further details as requested like name, date you became PR, etc. On submitting details, it will search your application.
well for me it says no application found.

Singhss

Aug 29, 2020
When i searched, i found my application along with its application number. I am not sure but may be they have not started processing your application or make sure you are filling information correctly like format of date, etc.

NEHA_86

Mar 27, 2017
When i searched, i found my application along with its application number. I am not sure but may be they have not started processing your application or make sure you are filling information correctly like format of date, etc.
When did you apply for prdt via email?