+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I received my inland COPR when I am stuck out of Canada because of COVID. I have submitted my PRTD application as instructed in the letter from IRCC. does anybody applied for PRTD by email and received the travel document? just want to know what is the processing time for PRTD application in India.

Thanks in advance !!!

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hello Everyone,
I received my inland COPR when I am stuck out of Canada because of COVID. I have submitted my PRTD application as instructed in the letter from IRCC. does anybody applied for PRTD by email and received the travel document? just want to know what is the processing time for PRTD application in India.

Thanks in advance !!!
when did you land?
are you officially Permanent Resindent?
if you have not landed yet, you can not apply for a PRTD
PRTD is for landed immigrant
With your CORP, you also receive a Visa/counterfoil in your passport to immigrate to Canada, once you land you receive the PR Card, if not, and you are out of canada you apply for a PRTD

Reactions: fsw2014sv

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
when did you land?
With your CORP, you also receive a Visa/counterfoil in your passport to immigrate to Canada, once you land you receive the PR Card, if not, and you are out of canada you apply for a PRTD
my question is to know the processing time only for PRTD. to find answer to your question, visit this thread posted by me

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/help-to-fill-imm5524e-prtd-i-received-my-copr-i-did-not-spent-even-a-day-in-canada.689691/

Reactions: Vikaskumaran96

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Inland applicants are getting PR status directly these days because of COVID-19. Letter I received from IRCC clearly says that I am permanent residant now and if out of Canada then apply for PRTD. I hope it clarifies.
good luck
enjoy being out of Canada for a long time

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
when did you land?
OP hadn't advised CIC that they were out aide Canada so were sent the inland landing documents.

gmgauravmehta

Feb 19, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance !!!
Hi,
Did you hear back from IRCC? Have you got the prtd? whats the process after you have sent email to ircc?
Thanks

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
no update yet. just after applying, I received Acknowledgement of Receipt.
Hi,
Can you share how you applied for PRTD? By email ? Because nearest VAC centers are closed in India. My colleague is stuck as he lost his PR card. He doesn't want to rush back immediately but wants to secure PRTD so that he can book his ticket once commercial flights resume from India. If you can share your experience that will be nice.
Thanks.