+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Praba said:
Hi Lav_canadian ,
Same situation for me as well
I applied on July 2015 when I was in uk.
Now I completed my studies and back to srilanka. They asked me additional documents on January
No response afterthat
Hi Praba, did they request you for the same documents they requested from my husband (to submit his national ID card, UK student visa stamps and his brother's PIF from Canada)?

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Lav_Canadian said:
Guess we are all in the same boat here. Guys I am not sure if this is actually true or not but I've heard from many people that Canadian immigration don't easily issue permament visas to those Sri Lankans who lived/studied in either UK or Australia (I have no idea what the reason is). Do any of you here actually know anyone who lived/studied in UK and got the Canadian visa without any issues within the normal processing time? According to the Immigration site, processing time changed from 9 to 17 months...this waiting game is killing me. Sad part of all this is that I am so clueless as what's going on at the moment with the file. I al acually getting nightmares because of this long process. Hope to hear from them soon :D. Have the immigration requested any of you to submit the sponsored spouse's canadian family member's PIF or they only asked my husband for it? I am actually confused by this request...this is a spousal sponsor they should be asking documents related to me and my husband in Srilanka but why do they his brother's PIF who came to Canada years ago...I don't get it. Sorry guys for the long post.
Hi lav_Canadian,

Same like ur case...they requested my bro's PIF and i submitted on 2013 end( not sure about the month), i dont know the exact reason why they are requesting brothers case files(PIF) ..may be for security reason and my application is refused for different reason..i already explained in this forum many times, its a long story so u can see regarding my application in this thread...refused for misrepresentation... and by the way i am too studied in UK from 2009 to 2012..Have u ordered GCMS notes anytime? i ordered two times and just before a week i ordered again so waiting for it now..hopefully i am expecting my ppr or some change in my notes..

Previous notes Eligibility is passed before refused.
criminatliy not started
and security not started

On notes last update is my additional documents is sent to IPM(Immigration program manager) which is on mar 11 2016.

Tats the last update on my application.

Saina

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Guys instead of talking here u guys can approach cic bcz processing time s 13months.so if u guys applied n June July can ask them!!

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Saina said:
Guys instead of talking here u guys can approach cic bcz processing time s 13months.so if u guys applied n June July can ask them!!
Saina, current processing time for Spousal Sponsor from Sri Lanka is 17 months not 13 months..I even confirmed this with CIC. CIC advised me to wait till I hear from the Colombo Visa office since the timeframe is not over yet. Where does it state its 13 months? Am I missing something here? I am even more confused now ::) . BTW calling the call center is such a waste of time energy. I don't find them useful at all!!!

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
vijay1987 said:
Hi lav_Canadian,

Same like ur case...they requested my bro's PIF and i submitted on 2013 end( not sure about the month), i dont know the exact reason why they are requesting brothers case files(PIF) ..may be for security reason and my application is refused for different reason..i already explained in this forum many times, its a long story so u can see regarding my application in this thread...refused for misrepresentation... and by the way i am too studied in UK from 2009 to 2012..Have u ordered GCMS notes anytime? i ordered two times and just before a week i ordered again so waiting for it now..hopefully i am expecting my ppr or some change in my notes..

Previous notes Eligibility is passed before refused.
criminatliy not started
and security not started

On notes last update is my additional documents is sent to IPM(Immigration program manager) which is on mar 11 2016.

Tats the last update on my application.
Hi Vijay,
I ordered GCMS notes on May 30th. Haven't received it yet. I guess I'll have a better idea of what's going on after getting that.

samsho39

Jun 13, 2015
Surrey, BC
App. Filed.......
11/20/2015
Doc's Request.
4/4/2016
AOR Received.
1/19/2016
Med's Done....
9/7/2015
Hey guys,

Just a small update. I received an acknowledgment email yesterday from CIC saying they received my additional documents (which I sent in April) so I guess they do sometimes reply to your emails!

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
samsho39 said:
Hey guys,

Just a small update. I received an acknowledgment email yesterday from CIC saying they received my additional documents (which I sent in April) so I guess they do sometimes reply to your emails!
Hey,
Good to hear that. Did you receive the confirmation email from the Colombo visa office?

Saina

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Lav_Canadian said:
Saina, current processing time for Spousal Sponsor from Sri Lanka is 17 months not 13 months..I even confirmed this with CIC. CIC advised me to wait till I hear from the Colombo Visa office since the timeframe is not over yet. Where does it state its 13 months? Am I missing something here? I am even more confused now ::) . BTW calling the call center is such a waste of time energy. I don't find them useful at all!!!
go check cic website.new processing time is 13months.i confirmed recently lav-Canadian

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Hi Saina,
I used the same site as mentioned above. For the last question: Where are you applying from? (required) .. since I am applying from Canada.. I chose Canada instead of Sri Lanka (I think we would have to choose Sri Lanka only if we (sponsors) are actually outside of Canada) and it states processing time is 17 months.

Saina

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Actually u have to select srilanka because that is your visa office.do u know something all spouse cases will go to Canada first then they will transfer the file to require visa office..there is no logic at your point..when did you call and ask?

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Saina said:
Actually u have to select srilanka because that is your visa office.do u know something all spouse cases will go to Canada first then they will transfer the file to require visa office..there is no logic at your point..when did you call and ask?
Hi Saina,
I called the CIC last week and confirmed. I thought the same thing at first but this is what I was told.. you can reside anywhere in the world and apply for Canadian permanent resident visa for your spouse..you don't necessarily have to reside in Canada to Sponsor. When you go to check the processing time on the CIC site they ask you three questions and all those three questions are related to the sponsor not the sponsored spouse... so I am not sure anymore.. if the processing time is actually 13 months that's awesome but I was told I still have few more months since it hasn't been 17 months..... so I don't know anymore.. I guess I will wait and see what happens.. thinking about this just make me feel depressed.

Praba

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Lav_Canadian said:
Hi Praba, did they request you for the same documents they requested from my husband (to submit his national ID card, UK student visa stamps and his brother's PIF from Canada)?
Hi lav_cabcaian,
I have submitted my uk history with my sponsor application so they didn't ask me anything about that ! I was in uk 6 yrs and submitted all documents! They have asked me a proof of marriage certificate as I married in uk. But the funny part is I already submited my marriage certificate as the key document of sponsor application.i don't knw y they have asked me again!! one of my friend who is same situation like us got visa in 14th months

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Praba said:
Hi lav_cabcaian,
I have submitted my uk history with my sponsor application so they didn't ask me anything about that ! I was in uk 6 yrs and submitted all documents! They have asked me a proof of marriage certificate as I married in uk. But the funny part is I already submited my marriage certificate as the key document of sponsor application.i don't knw y they have asked me again!! one of my friend who is same situation like us got visa in 14th months
That's great news. I guess they will eventually issue the visa but guess it might take bit longer but 14 months is not bad. Did your friend apply for permanent residence recently like us (in 2015)? This is the 12th month since we applied so maybe my husband and you might get the visa around 14th month like your friend :). Thank you Praba... this actually making me feel bit relieved. All the requests from the immigration made sense to me until they asked for my husband brother's PIF. We went by the checklist and submitted all the required documents.. it seems they are asking for the national ID card to a lot of people then why not add that to the checklist as well so that we don't have to waste time waiting for months.

My husband completed his studies in UK and came back to Sri Lanka in 2012 and we got married last year(2015) in Sri Lanka.. is it the same case for your friend who got the visa in 14 months?

skmayu

May 25, 2016
Lav_Canadian said:
That's great news. I guess they will eventually issue the visa but guess it might take bit longer but 14 months is not bad. Did your friend apply for permanent residence recently like us (in 2015)? This is the 12th month since we applied so maybe my husband and you might get the visa around 14th month like your friend :). Thank you Praba... this actually making me feel bit relieved. All the requests from the immigration made sense to me until they asked for my husband brother's PIF. We went by the checklist and submitted all the required documents.. it seems they are asking for the national ID card to a lot of people then why not add that to the checklist as well so that we don't have to waste time waiting for months.

My husband completed his studies in UK and came back to Sri Lanka in 2012 and we got married last year(2015) in Sri Lanka.. is it the same case for your friend who got the visa in 14 months?
Hi
Well if it passed 13 months you could contact local MP and make him\her request application status. I am from Ottawa. One of my colleague did this and that MPs office did manage to get a timeline when decition will me made (6 weeks). He got PPR week after that date. I assume his file was in final stages. Also observed if you have siblings this process takes forever. It becomes worse if they happen to live in Canada.

I submitted my application mid September and did a ATIP in Jan and last month. Both said exact same thing. Criminal and security check not started. But week ago they asked my wife to submit another police clearance. This is the first time we are saw a sign of someone looked into our file.