Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
samsho39 said:
Hi Rainbow21, They requested for the Alterations and Observation pages from my passport in April, which I submitted the following day. They didn't show any updates on my ECAS about receiving it either, I think it's normal because I've seen a lot of people in the forums asking the same question.

madurajb, Congrats on receiving the passport! I'm happy somebody in the Sri Lanka forums is bringing us some good news! Wishing you and your wife the best!

vijay1987, That's a long time to be apart! I hope that you get your passport request very soon. My husband and I have been in a long distance relationship for 2 years so I understand your situation. I hope the visa office becomes more efficient and grants us our visas within the next few weeks.
Thanks for the reply ... Yeah it is very frustrating i was just wondering like do they look for more income for spouse sponsorship and like can they reject your application for that reason.. Even though i do have income I dont know like what they expect thebyearly income to be

madurajb

Aug 14, 2011
I went to VFS today and got back home just now. She got the VISA today guys. what a relief, so excited. she got 2 months to come to Canada.

I hope all of you guys also have wonderful news Soon. Thank every one for good wishes and useful information shared with us during this time.

We are planing to move to Toronto. if any one can give me some info PM me . I'm really appreciated . Thank you

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
madurajb said:
I went to VFS today and got back home just now. She got the VISA today guys. what a relief, so excited. she got 2 months to come to Canada.

I hope all of you guys also have wonderful news Soon. Thank every one for good wishes and useful information shared with us during this time.

We are planing to move to Toronto. if any one can give me some info PM me . I'm really appreciated . Thank you
wow..... Best wishes to u both

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
madurajb said:

Hi congrats to both of you!! Whr do you live now. Ru not from canada... I live in toronto what information do you need let me know.. My husband in jaffna i am waiting for him to get the visa too.. Hopefully he gets it soon!!

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Rainbow21 said:
Hi congrats to both of you!! Whr do you live now. Ru not from canada... I live in toronto what information do you need let me know.. My husband in jaffna i am waiting for him to get the visa too.. Hopefully he gets it soon!!
where in jaffna? I am too from jaffna...
Sorry i think i asked ur timeline rite? Can u pleass say it again and addition submitted? And by the way wats ur husband doing here?

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
vijay1987 said:
where in jaffna? I am too from jaffna...
Sorry i think i asked ur timeline rite? Can u pleass say it again and addition submitted? And by the way wats ur husband doing here?
Hey he is from manipay he is working as engineer.. Well so basically i submitted my file in canada november. Then it was forwarded to colombo in feb. And within 20 days my hubby received email asking for add. Documents.. It was my employmemt letter and bank balance plus a copy of his id card.. We handed march 10.. Didnt here after that..

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Rainbow21 said:
Hey he is from manipay he is working as engineer.. Well so basically i submitted my file in canada november. Then it was forwarded to colombo in feb. And within 20 days my hubby received email asking for add. Documents.. It was my employmemt letter and bank balance plus a copy of his id card.. We handed march 10.. Didnt here after that..
oh great.....best wishes to u both

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Hi Guys,
I have been visiting this forum for a while but haven't posted anything. This is my first post :). I've also sponsored my husband from Sri Lanka and still haven't received any news from the immigration as of yet and it's very frustrating.... . I've filed my application on June 22,2015 :-(.

What I have noticed from reading some of the posts here is that women get their visa (within 4-5 months) than men from Sri Lanka.

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Lav_Canadian said:
Hi Guys,
I have been visiting this forum for a while but haven't posted anything. This is my first post :). I've also sponsored my husband from Sri Lanka and still haven't received any news from the immigration as of yet and it's very frustrating.... . I've filed my application on June 22,2015 :-(.

What I have noticed from reading some of the posts here is that women get their visa (within 4-5 months) than men from Sri Lanka.
Hey sorry to here that itz like 1 year and I am surprised you didnt hear back. Well I sponsoring my husband as well.. But for me it was quick but now just waiting to hear back after submitting the document

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Rainbow21 said:
Hey sorry to here that itz like 1 year and I am surprised you didn't hear back. Well I sponsoring my husband as well.. But for me it was quick but now just waiting to hear back after submitting the document
Hey Rainbow,
Sorry for the confusion... here is my timeline:
1) Application Filed: June 22,2015

2) Sponsor Approved: August,2015

3) Additional Document Requested: October, 2015 (request was for my husband's national ID card)

4) More Additional Document Requested: January, 2016 (My husband completed his masters in UK so 2nd request was for copy of his UK student visa stamps and his Canadian brother's PIF which we submitted in Feb, 2016 and have not heard back from them since then :(.

I knew never this spousal sponsor was such a complicated process....I guess patience is the key.

Praba

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Lav_Canadian said:
Hey Rainbow,

3) Additional Document Requested: October, 2015 (request was for my husband's national ID card)

4) More Additional Document Requested: January, 2016 (My husband completed his masters in UK so 2nd request was for copy of his UK student visa stamps and his Canadian brother's PIF which we submitted in Feb, 2016 and have not heard back from them since then :(.

I knew never this spousal sponsor was such a complicated process....I guess patience is the key.
Hi Lav_canadian ,
Same situation for me as well
I applied on July 2015 when I was in uk.
Now I completed my studies and back to srilanka. They asked me additional documents on January
No response afterthat

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Lav_Canadian said:
Hey Rainbow,

Same like mine....hope we get PPR soon

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Praba said:
Hi Lav_canadian ,
Same situation for me as well
I applied on July 2015 when I was in uk.
Now I completed my studies and back to srilanka. They asked me additional documents on January
No response afterthat
Hi Praba,

Wat is the additional document they requested frome u?

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
vijay1987 said:
Hi Praba,

Wat is the additional document they requested frome u?
Guess we are all in the same boat here. Guys I am not sure if this is actually true or not but I've heard from many people that Canadian immigration don't easily issue permament visas to those Sri Lankans who lived/studied in either UK or Australia (I have no idea what the reason is). Do any of you here actually know anyone who lived/studied in UK and got the Canadian visa without any issues within the normal processing time? According to the Immigration site, processing time changed from 9 to 17 months...this waiting game is killing me. Sad part of all this is that I am so clueless as what's going on at the moment with the file. I al acually getting nightmares because of this long process. Hope to hear from them soon :D. Have the immigration requested any of you to submit the sponsored spouse's canadian family member's PIF or they only asked my husband for it? I am actually confused by this request...this is a spousal sponsor they should be asking documents related to me and my husband in Srilanka but why do they his brother's PIF who came to Canada years ago...I don't get it. Sorry guys for the long post.