+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

madurajb

Aug 14, 2011
vijay1987 said:
Hi Madura,

Did u get ur passport back?
No vijay1987 , we haven't heard anything from VFS since then. I called VFS yesterday and they said its normally take 3-5 days to get the passport back. its been 5 working days already so i don't know whats the reason for delay now. I can no longer access my sponsor's status online. just my wife's processing details in Colombo. its showing Decision Made . IT seems take long time to stamp or else , even after decision made. Do anyone knows the time range for stamping after the Passport received

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
madurajb said:
No vijay1987 , we haven't heard anything from VFS since then. I called VFS yesterday and they said its normally take 3-5 days to get the passport back. its been 5 working days already so i don't know whats the reason for delay now. I can no longer access my sponsor's status online. just my wife's processing details in Colombo. its showing Decision Made . IT seems take long time to stamp or else , even after decision made. Do anyone knows the time range for stamping after the Passport received
Don't worry it wont take long.......with the receipt they will give tracking details. did u check that? did ur wife submitted through mail or went directly?

madurajb

Aug 14, 2011
vijay1987 said:
Don't worry it wont take long.......with the receipt they will give tracking details. did u check that? did ur wife submitted through mail or went directly?
yes i check tracking details everyday. this only result i get when i tracked it. We went in person to VFS office in colombo and hand delivered. hope we get to hear something soon.

Your Passport Status
Visa application, tracking ID No.*************** is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, COLOMBO. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC Website.

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
madurajb said:
yes i check tracking details everyday. this only result i get when i tracked it. We went in person to VFS office in colombo and hand delivered. hope we get to hear something soon.

Your Passport Status
Visa application, tracking ID No.*************** is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, COLOMBO. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC Website.
it looks normal.....mostly your wife will receive passport on Monday hopfully. My wishes to you and your wife...Ask her to finish shopping and pack the lakkage soon ;D

Saina

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
What will they do in Colombo high commission??already our documents are verified n Canada?what s really happening over ??

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Saina said:
What will they do in Colombo high commission??already our documents are verified n Canada?what s really happening over ??
No idea saina.............me and my wife so depresssed because of this long distance relationship we are having many arguments.....how this canada immigration rule are playing with our lifes....

the rules can be strict but not like this...this is insane.....y cant they change the rule like ask other countries where all other countries has 2 or 3 months procesing time and it is visible too...but this canada immigration visa office process are hidden and they wont even respond to applicants....what this can be caled as? arrogant!! we aree not beggin we are paying lot of money for visa process but here what v get back is years to process...hate these usless rule which plays very well in our lifes..

suthatheone

Apr 5, 2016
vijay1987 said:
No idea saina.............me and my wife so depresssed because of this long distance relationship we are having many arguments.....how this canada immigration rule are playing with our lifes....

the rules can be strict but not like this...this is insane.....y cant they change the rule like ask other countries where all other countries has 2 or 3 months procesing time and it is visible too...but this canada immigration visa office process are hidden and they wont even respond to applicants....what this can be caled as? arrogant!! we aree not beggin we are paying lot of money for visa process but here what v get back is years to process...hate these usless rule which plays very well in our lifes..
Vijay, it is frustrating like u said .... I am in Sri Lanka and going visit Colombia office Wednesday and see if they can give me any updates. It has been 10 months for my wife file and no update since February!!!!!! My file moved to Colombo November 06 and Colombo office requested for passport alteration & obersavation pages and dropped off in person February 03. Medical is going to expire in a week

Most ridiculous immigration process I have ever seen and no transparency at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can u share ur timeline pls.

Saina

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Omg suthatheone 10months n not even issuing visa.processing time s 13months so u can ask them...plz share any updates if u get!!!

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
suthatheone said:
Vijay, it is frustrating like u said .... I am in Sri Lanka and going visit Colombia office Wednesday and see if they can give me any updates. It has been 10 months for my wife file and no update since February!!!!!! My file moved to Colombo November 06 and Colombo office requested for passport alteration & obersavation pages and dropped off in person February 03. Medical is going to expire in a week

Most ridiculous immigration process I have ever seen and no transparency at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can u share ur timeline pls.
hi,

Its a long story ill say it in short

Im from 2012 applicant refused 2014 adn gave 2 years ban for misreprestation... we filed an appeal and we got date for hearing on jan 2016 its almost 2years so v thought to withdraw the cass and apply new so v withdraw after 2 or days days i askd my original documents which i submitted early when they requestd.
At tat time they said they wil reopen my file again and continue to process on jan 2016.
At tat time they request me to submite medical , police clearance and scheudle A form. I submitted on feb 28 after that i didnt hear anything on my file..

Last month i ordered gcms notes... Eligibility has passed before my application refused others still not started.

I am still confised how come they gave me 2years ban and appeal date they gave is after 2 years..
Now they reopened by themselve ....their process is weired and not convincing.

kankan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Saina said:

I told you saina most of the file same like this more then one year no moveing 2 recent
1 immigration have no money so government playing because they full focus and spend siriyan refugees
2 how to work possible of canadian immigration Colombo inside all of them (only 3 canadian) srilankan citizens they control Canadian immigration files
I don't think so any another county immigration same like this I already talk to our MP THIS PONT

kankan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Saina said:
Omg suthatheone 10months n not even issuing visa.processing time s 13months so u can ask them...plz share any updates if u get!!!

100% our immigration change officers in Colombo because they don't know Canadian people problems even if you want becomes Canadian citizensthey most more then 1100 days live in Canada why they want to know Canada life but one county very very important immigration matter why Canada only like this even. you can see hear srilankan immigration security only Canadian all of them inside came from srilanka

madurajb

Aug 14, 2011
Got an email just now from VFS,

Visa application, ***************** – Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, Colombo, on 20/06/2016 to the Canada Visa Application Centre, Colombo. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

I'm going tomorrow to pic it. Hope its been stamped and granted VISA to my wife. I'll let you guys Update as soon as i can tomorrow.

TIME LINE

application received on September 23, 2015.
got correspondence acknowledging receipt on November 13, 2015.
started processing application on November 12, 2015.
started processing application in sri lanka on December 9, 2015.

Document Request February 10, 2016

Passport Request June 7, 2016.
Passport received June 20th 2016

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
madurajb said:

Visa application, ***************** – Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, Colombo, on 20/06/2016 to the Canada Visa Application Centre, Colombo. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

I'm going tomorrow to pic it. Hope its been stamped and granted VISA to my wife. I'll let you guys Update as soon as i can tomorrow.
Wow congratsssss

TIME LINE

Wow congratsssss

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
madurajb said:

TIME LINE

Hi so I live in canada and my husband in jaffna and on feb 25th we received an email asking to submit additional documents by march 25th.. He went in person and handed those documents on march 10. Just want to ask what kind of documents did they ask you to submit.. And after he submitted they didnt mention on the site is that normal?? Its still not updated. And we didnt hear after that..

samsho39

Jun 13, 2015
Surrey, BC
App. Filed.......
11/20/2015
Doc's Request.
4/4/2016
AOR Received.
1/19/2016
Med's Done....
9/7/2015
Hi Rainbow21, They requested for the Alterations and Observation pages from my passport in April, which I submitted the following day. They didn't show any updates on my ECAS about receiving it either, I think it's normal because I've seen a lot of people in the forums asking the same question.

madurajb, Congrats on receiving the passport! I'm happy somebody in the Sri Lanka forums is bringing us some good news! Wishing you and your wife the best!

vijay1987, That's a long time to be apart! I hope that you get your passport request very soon. My husband and I have been in a long distance relationship for 2 years so I understand your situation. I hope the visa office becomes more efficient and grants us our visas within the next few weeks.