+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
skmayu said:
Hi
Well if it passed 13 months you could contact local MP and make him\her request application status. I am from Ottawa. One of my colleague did this and that MPs office did manage to get a timeline when decition will me made (6 weeks). He got PPR week after that date. I assume his file was in final stages. Also observed if you have siblings this process takes forever. It becomes worse if they happen to live in Canada.

I submitted my application mid September and did a ATIP in Jan and last month. Both said exact same thing. Criminal and security check not started. But week ago they asked my wife to submit another police clearance. This is the first time we are saw a sign of someone looked into our file.
The process does seem like it takes forever to those sponsored spouses who have family members living in Canada. I have decided to see our local MP as well but still have to wait a month to do so. Also, I ordered for the GCMS notes end of May but still haven't received it. I think I will have a better idea of what's going with our file once I receive the notes.

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Lav_Canadian said:
The process does seem like it takes forever to those sponsored spouses who have family members living in Canada. I have decided to see our local MP as well but still have to wait a month to do so. Also, I ordered for the GCMS notes end of May but still haven't received it. I think I will have a better idea of what's going with our file once I receive the notes.
Which date you applied on may? because i guess it has exceeded ur days... i ordered two times they send me in 25 days both but i emailed after 20 days to them saying that whether my notes ready or u can ask them to you if it is ready..because mostly they will keep ur notes even after it completed better u email them

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
vijay1987 said:
Which date you applied on may? because i guess it has exceeded ur days... i ordered two times they send me in 25 days both but i emailed after 20 days to them saying that whether my notes ready or u can ask them to you if it is ready..because mostly they will keep ur notes even after it completed better u email them
Hi Vijay,
I ordered on May 30th.

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Lav_Canadian said:
Hi Vijay,
I ordered on May 30th.
oh then you have to wait for few more days or just type an email i sure u will get in next week

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Anyone got ppr????

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Lav_Canadian said:
Everyone is soo quiet here... either a lot of the people here got PPR ;D or fed up with the long processing time.
Hey there was a recent article on the canadian site stating that they are going to speed up the process of spousal sponsorship.. Also I heard there is not enough staff in colombo embassy thats why it takes forever

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Rainbow21 said:
Hey there was a recent article on the canadian site stating that they are going to speed up the process of spousal sponsorship.. Also I heard there is not enough staff in colombo embassy thats why it takes forever
You know rainbow sometimes I feel what I hear in the media about spousal sponsorship is just bull *censored word*. Especially around election time we often come across politicians talking about how they are all about reuniting spouses as soon as possible but what happens in real is totally different. Great example would be what happened in December.... oh well.

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Lav_Canadian said:
Me too!!!
Hi Lav,

Did u receievd ur gcms notes?

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Lav_Canadian said:
You know rainbow sometimes I feel what I hear in the media about spousal sponsorship is just bull *censored word*. Especially around election time we often come across politicians talking about how they are all about reuniting spouses as soon as possible but what happens in real is totally different. Great example would be what happened in December.... oh well.
Hey which part of canada you live in.. And does your husband live in jaffna or colombo.. Well I still didnt hear from colombo after handing in the documents on march 10.. I dont know if so stressed about waiting isnt not fair how some ppl get visa in 3 months or less... It shd be same for everyone

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Rainbow21 said:
Hey which part of canada you live in.. And does your husband live in jaffna or colombo.. Well I still didnt hear from colombo after handing in the documents on march 10.. I dont know if so stressed about waiting isnt not fair how some ppl get visa in 3 months or less... It shd be same for everyone
I live in Toronto and my husband is working in Colombo. You are right, some people get the visa as little as 3-4 months. It does not go by first come first serve basis. Time frame should be same for everyone. We don't even know whether they are actually working on our file and just letting it sit in a pile for a while.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Rainbow21 said:
We handed the requested documents in Jan and have not heard anything back since then... have no idea what's going on.