+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
vijay1987 said:
Hi Lav,

Did u receievd ur gcms notes?
I received my GCMS notes today and based on reading it. it seems my husband will be called in for an interview (this note was added in March but until no emails about interview. My husband lived in India and they need some clarification on that (it seems). As well as it seems most of the work has not started:
Eligibility Assessment, Criminality and Security: NOT STARTED Medical: EXPIRED (his medical expired in April)
It seems like nothing really has been done as of yet... how long does it take for them to call someone for an interview... they added a note in March that an interview is needed how come no emails from them regarding the interview yet? I am depressed now :-(.. been 3 months no emails for the interview. and after interview do they reject/issue visa right away or will that take months.

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Lav_Canadian said:
I live in Toronto and my husband is working in Colombo. You are right, some people get the visa as little as 3-4 months. It does not go by first come first serve basis. Time frame should be same for everyone. We don't even know whether they are actually working on our file and just letting it sit in a pile for a while.

Yeah they just dont even care to look at our files thatz watz happening i live in mississauga.. We r not far from each other I guess

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Lav_Canadian said:
I received my GCMS notes today and based on reading it. it seems my husband will be called in for an interview (this note was added in March but until no emails about interview. My husband lived in India and they need some clarification on that (it seems). As well as it seems most of the work has not started:
Eligibility Assessment, Criminality and Security: NOT STARTED Medical: EXPIRED (his medical expired in April)
It seems like nothing really has been done as of yet... how long does it take for them to call someone for an interview... they added a note in March that an interview is needed how come no emails from them regarding the interview yet? I am depressed now :-(.. been 3 months no emails for the interview. and after interview do they reject/issue visa right away or will that take months.
From my understanding after having the interview they wont say it right away they call you after 2 or 3 days to inform you the result and if you are issued visa they will ask you to come pick it up.. Cuz one of my relavite had an interview and she did live in india and study so they asked about that but then it was fine she got the visa and now in canada..

Saina

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Lav_Canadian said:
any issues in India??any criminal mistakes done?what he studied in India,,student visa?

Praba

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Hi Lav_canadian
Did u submit the Indian police report?
I was in India too before going to uk ! I have submitted all country police reports( Srilanka, India and uk )
What's ur husbend Status in India ? Student or refugee ?

Lav_Canadian said:

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Lav_Canadian said:
oh sorry to hear that but dont worry they will may interview through phone sometimes so better be ready for that...btw whats ur status of your husband in india? is he is still there now?

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Praba said:
Hi Lav_canadian
Did u submit the Indian police report?
I was in India too before going to uk ! I have submitted all country police reports( Srilanka, India and uk )
What's ur husbend Status in India ? Student or refugee ?
Hi prabha ,

I guess ur application is most similar to mine..i lived in india as refugee from 1999 to 2009 then went to london.

i submitted india , uk and srilanka police clearance.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
vijay1987 said:
oh sorry to hear that but dont worry they will may interview through phone sometimes so better be ready for that...btw whats ur status of your husband in india? is he is still there now?
Refugee. he was in india then went to uk from india to study and now working in Colombo.

Praba

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Lav_Canadian said:
Refugee. he was in india then went to uk from india to study and now working in Colombo.
Hi
I was in India from 2006 to 2010 then came back to Sl and went to uk!! I was in uk from 2011/ January to 2016/ April !! Finished my studies and back to Sl
Did u submit ur husbend's Indian police report ?

Praba

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
vijay1987 said:
Hi prabha ,

I guess ur application is most similar to mine..i lived in india as refugee from 1999 to 2009 then went to london.

i submitted india , uk and srilanka police clearance.
Hi Vijay, saina and lav_ Canadian,
We all have similar case

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Praba said:
Hi
I was in India from 2006 to 2010 then came back to Sl and went to uk!! I was in uk from 2011/ January to 2016/ April !! Finished my studies and back to Sl
Did u submit ur husbend's Indian police report ?
Yes, we submitted all the documents. Police clearance from India,UK and Sri Lanka

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Lav_Canadian said:
Hi Lav,

It depends ...some time they will request your submit passport after few days of interview if they already complete your security and criminal check already.. if not then they will take more month to clear those checks