+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

skmayu

May 25, 2016
PK2809 said:
Hi friends, how are you all.
I am also spousal visa applicant to Canada from Srilanka. I have submitted my application on 28th September 2015 and then my file got transferred to Colombo Office in December 15th 2015. Then It got process in Colombo HC. Today I got email from High Commission to submit a schedule A form with updates.
(“ Submit new updated schedule A form. For questions 8 and 12 you have to give answers from your 18 yrs of age to date without leaving any gaps. Even though the form indicates that information is needed from either 18yrs of age or the past 10 yrs , information is needed from your 18 yrs of age to continue processing your application ”)
Any applicant have similar kind of query from high Commission ???? What was your reply? What is the main points in the question ? I believe Updated schedule . So needed to update my current address during the application submitted period? In my case 28/09/2015 to now (04/07/2016.) Thank you friends. Take care all. :)
I submitted my application on sept 16 and got exact request 3 weeks ago. They also asked my wife to submit police clearance between last one till now (past 10 months). Her medical is about to experience soon too and hope she gets a response soon

Saina

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Hi lav I don't know answer for your question.bcz I was not refugee in India or any other country in world.n I dunno why they are taking so long for your case..you can have mp enquiry...

Praba

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Faa1599 said:
Hi friends! For the question number 8 in the schedule form A for personal history, do I have to mention the trips I've visited overseas? Last month I visited Singapore, just for 10 days, so do I have to mention that too for that question?
Hi,
U don't need to mention unless u stayed more than 6 months! I have visted many countries but I didn't mention! Mentioned only where I stayed more than 6 months.

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
November 2015 Re-medical- November 2016
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
Praba said:
Hi,
U don't need to mention unless u stayed more than 6 months! I have visted many countries but I didn't mention! Mentioned only where I stayed more than 6 months.
Thank you very much Praba! I was bit confused because they've asked for a new updated schedule A form, we already submitted a schedule A form with the application. Don't understand the reason why they're asking for documents again

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Saina said:
Hi lav I don't know answer for your question.bcz I was not refugee in India or any other country in world.n I dunno why they are taking so long for your case..you can have mp enquiry...
Thank you Saina. I am going to see our MP last week of July which is when the 13 months end.

Saina

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Guys need help.hv to submit police clearence?i already obtained on last year November.will they accept that clearence?asked about copy of application form(clearence)?do reply guys.urgent

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Saina said:
Guys need help.hv to submit police clearence?i already obtained on last year November.will they accept that clearence?asked about copy of application form(clearence)?do reply guys.urgent
Hi saina,

its not clear for me ...Are you saying that they request you submit police clearance? if yes then when did they request you?

Saina

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
They hv requested 2days back.i got already my police clearence last year November .will they accept it?

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Saina said:
They hv requested 2days back.i got already my police clearence last year November .will they accept it?
Definitely no.... you have provide new police clearance.They need the recent history thats the reason they have requested you therefore dont send the previous police clearacne it will delay your application.

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Saina said:
But it's written police clearence valid for 1year?
where u found that it is valid for one year?

According my understanding the police clearance is valid only for six month and if visa if office decide to request then it is upto them... They can ask for clearance if six months is past but most if the visa office wont do that.. Your case looks like VO need clearance again..
They dont have any idea how peoples are sufferin.. They sit on a confortable chair and if they got bored then they request some usless things to delay our application and delay our happy moments... This is crazyyy how come they process spousal application loke this!!!!!! Hellllll

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
November 2015 Re-medical- November 2016
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
vijay1987 said:
where u found that it is valid for one year?

According my understanding the police clearance is valid only for six month and if visa if office decide to request then it is upto them... They can ask for clearance if six months is past but most if the visa office wont do that.. Your case looks like VO need clearance again..
They dont have any idea how peoples are sufferin.. They sit on a confortable chair and if they got bored then they request some usless things to delay our application and delay our happy moments... This is crazyyy how come they process spousal application loke this!!!!!! Hellllll
What you're telling is very true! They sit on comfortable chairs and they don't understand our sufferings :( feeling sorry for you saina. As far as I know police clearance is valid for 6 months so it's better you taking a new one Praying for everyone!! Hope we get the visa soon!

Saina

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Guys I spoke through vibes and what's app to my husband.how can I show them that we spoke through this?can anyone guide me

PK2809

Jul 4, 2016
Saina said:
Guys I spoke through vibes and what's app to my husband.how can I show them that we spoke through this?can anyone guide me

create a backup file of your messages

We know how important your message history is to you. If you would like to create a backup file for your messages, you can do so easily by following the steps below.*

Open Viber
Select More options
Select Settings
Select Calls and messages
Select Email message history
Once the backup file is created, select the application through which you would like to email it and send it to yourself or any other email

*Messaging history backup is available on Android and iPhone only. Please note that backed up history cannot be restored onto your device. Viber does not store any of your message history and is unable to retrieve lost data.

URL support.viber.com/customer/portal/articles/1334452-how-to-create-a-backup-file-of-your-messages#.V3-Yorh97IU

samsho39

Jun 13, 2015
Surrey, BC
App. Filed.......
11/20/2015
Doc's Request.
4/4/2016
AOR Received.
1/19/2016
Med's Done....
9/7/2015
Got my GCMS today, nothing was there regarding where we stand so we'll apply again in a couple of weeks. Here's a summary:
ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Not Started
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final: