+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

jazzfam

Jul 23, 2020
Hi @jazzfam how do you request to expedite the process? How did you contact them and did you get any replies based on your request?
I did what poppedpluto suggested - see their post from page 27-28. I uploaded the letter requesting expedition from employer, on company letterhead, via webform. I never got any reply. There's no way to tell if it helped speed things up, but no harm in trying.

KedarMann

May 27, 2020
Hi Guys
My colleague got an update on the application .The update states that you have passed the medicals and your application is in progress .Biometrics already done..
Not sure about the next steps .But good news is that embassy has started reviewing the applications..

Reactions: basebadger

basebadger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hi Guys
My colleague got an update on the application .The update states that you have passed the medicals and your application is in progress .Biometrics already done..
Not sure about the next steps .But good news is that embassy has started reviewing the applications..
Great news, can you share his timeline

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Hi Guys
Is this on-line application? ICT?

Meghab

Apr 21, 2020
Hi everyone, finally my approval letter came today!

Timeline: Application received May 30
Letter asking to expedite process sent July 14
Proof of education requested August 6
GCMS notes received August 29
Approval letter August 31

Here's the CRAZY thing: I NEVER received their request. I only saw it on my GCMS notes later. NOTHING ever showed up in my email or my online application. Once I saw it, I uploaded my proof of education via web form and emailed the VAC. Received approval after 1 day.

I had already done biometrics prior so didn't have to again.

2 valuable lessons:

1. Ask your employer to craft a letter requesting expedition. It can help.
2. Order your notes. You never know what may glitch in the system causing you to not receive notifications from IRCC.
Please share your NOC. Is it ICT or what.
Thanks

Meghab

Apr 21, 2020
NOC 4011. Not ICT, new job, LMIA-exempt.
Just a few more question, please
a) Did you raise a webform and attached a letter from the employer to expedite the process.
b) or your Employer did it by doing email to them.Which email did you or your employer use to email them,

Please guide
Thanks

rohtak

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
I got an update from my company immigration department that they received for approval today for a person(my colleague) who filed ICT on 28-Feb
This is a good news
I have no other details related to this case...

jazzfam

Jul 23, 2020
Just a few more question, please
a) Did you raise a webform and attached a letter from the employer to expedite the process.
b) or your Employer did it by doing email to them.Which email did you or your employer use to email them,

Please guide
Thanks
I did it via webform. I attached the PDF letter to the webform.
I also have seen on previous pages in this thread that you can email IRCC directly at IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to ask for expedite, attaching employer's letter.

Sibb

Aug 12, 2020
I got an update from my company immigration department that they received for approval today for a person(my colleague) who filed ICT on 28-Feb
This is a good news
I have no other details related to this case...
That's a good news. Is it from India and does it come under GTS?