+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

YogeshGUSA

Jul 31, 2020
Hi Friends,

I received my passport request today and it says you have 30 days to submit. ( I applied on March26 ICT from US)
But now I am in India and VAC centers are closed for month of September.
Please suggest what can be done

Thanks
Hey did you find out if 30days timeline can be extended to submit the passport?

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Thanks Sundar. Got confused saw another website https://www.getgcms.com/ to order notes. Which one I have to use as I am living outside Canada.
Also In order to get notes what information I need to provide to them? Thanks
If you are outside of Canada you can order via 3rd party services like getgcmsnotesbuddy.com. They will share a consent form (google IMM 5744) that you need to sign & send back. Suggest you to do your own research as well to understand the process.

Sukhoi30

Aug 28, 2020
If you are outside of Canada you can order via 3rd party services like getgcmsnotesbuddy.com. They will share a consent form (google IMM 5744) that you need to sign & send back. Suggest you to do your own research as well to understand the process.
Thanks Sundar

pk123456

Jun 27, 2020
Hi All,
Question on Biometric Confirmation Letter and Passport request letter. Are they sent to employer/attorneys or to the person who’s work permit is being processed?

thanks,
Pravin

AfricanGiant912

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Hi All,
Question on Biometric Confirmation Letter and Passport request letter. Are they sent to employer/attorneys or to the person who’s work permit is being processed?

thanks,
Pravin
if you applied through a representative such as an attorney or consultant, they will be the one receiving any type of correspondence from IRCC including passport request and biometric validity letter. They will forward it to you later.

Reactions: rohtak

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Just want to update you guys. See my previous posts for timeline. I wrote an email to IRCC COVID-Travel Exemptions inbox asking them to finalize my work permit application. WP was approved in July and I'm waiting for "passport request letter". IRCC get back to me after 3-days with the following message.
Could you share the special instructions that you may have received?

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
All the cases that i see in this forum that have got the approval letter recently with an expedite letter from the employer were filed from US, where Canada VACs are open.

In india Canada VACs are still closed. Wondering, if anyone that filed for ICT under GSS (on-line) from India managed to get the approval post an expedite letter from the employer??

NeedHelp2020

Jul 23, 2020
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey Guys. I received my GCMS notes. It is 53 page document with most of the information gibberish to me. I went through all the 53-pages and I did not find any reason for delay. Is there a certain section I should look at for information.
Reason I am posting it here is two fold,
1) If anyone can help me in finding out where should I find why my application is delayed.
2) I know lot of people are thinking of ordering their GCMS notes but at this point as per my experience I did not gain any insights after going through mine.

Let me know if someone has better experience in reading GCMS notes.
Date of Application: May 7th, 2020
Date of biometrics: July 17th, 2020
Date of GCMS request: Aug 18th, 2020
Received GCMS: Sep 7th, 2020
Applied in USA

Last edited:

AfricanGiant912

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Hey Guys. I received my GCMS notes. It is 53 page document with most of the information gibberish to me. I went through all the 53-pages and I did not find any reason for delay. Is there a certain section I should look at for information.
Reason I am posting it here is two fold,
1) If anyone can help me in finding out where should I find why my application is delayed.
2) I know lot of people are thinking of ordering their GCMS notes but at this point as per my experience I did not gain any insights after going through mine.

Let me know if someone has better experience in reading GCMS notes.
When did you apply for your WP and when did you apply for GCMS?