+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

maverickpal85

Sep 12, 2017
My employer had applied for an Intra-Company Transfer work permit, just wondering what the processing times are. As I understand it is different for each type of application, is it different for each type of work permit as well? I checked cic.gc.ca and the processing time is 9 weeks currently for work permit, is this minimum or maximum time for processing the application?

Any info appreciated, thank you!

montyshinda

Mar 6, 2018
yes, I got it. the processing time was 2 weeks for me.
Where did you apply from? Also, is it safe to say that ICT processing is faster than what CIC website says?

My application is going to be filed in another 2 weeks and processing time for India is showing as 9 weeks. Based on your case, I am trying to see if ICT processing is faster than what is mentioned on CIC website.

vana43

Feb 8, 2018
Where did you apply from? Also, is it safe to say that ICT processing is faster than what CIC website says?

My application is going to be filed in another 2 weeks and processing time for India is showing as 9 weeks. Based on your case, I am trying to see if ICT processing is faster than what is mentioned on CIC website.
Hope your application got filed! Mine got filed on 5th Mar and still I can see it is under process in New Delhi visa office

Reactions: juned khan

montyshinda

Mar 6, 2018
Hope your application got filed! Mine got filed on 5th Mar and still I can see it is under process in New Delhi visa office
Unfortunately not yet. Internal processing is taking more time than anticipated. I have been told that it should be filed in another 7-10 days.

Good luck to you and hope you get it soon. Do keep this thread posted.

ajimond

Apr 11, 2018
Hi Guys,

My Company has filed for my ICT on April 6th (online) with the Canadian Consulate in Delhi. My lawyer mentioned that I am eligible for the 2 week priority processing.

Can you guys share your respective processing times ?

Thanks

montyshinda

Mar 6, 2018
Unfortunately mine has not even been filed yet and I have been waiting for over 2 months now. Because of salary concerns from my end, the whole process had to be redone and I am still not sure if internal processing will give a green signal to file it soon. Larger the firm, the more time it takes for internal processing to clear. Sorry didn't have much to add but I will keep the group posted as I know more.

montyshinda

Mar 6, 2018
Hi Guys,

My Company has filed for my ICT on April 6th (online) with the Canadian Consulate in Delhi. My lawyer mentioned that I am eligible for the 2 week priority processing.

Can you guys share your respective processing times ?

Thanks
Have you heard anything - or any tentative timeline? Best of luck!

montyshinda

Mar 6, 2018
I have got request for passport on 17th Apr 2018.
Processing time : 6 working days

Submitted passport to VFS-CVAC .
Great! Congratulations. Do you know who much time it will take for passport stamping and any other formalities before you fly? Just trying to get a feel of how much time it takes post approval.

I have been told that there will be an update next week on my case. Will keep the group posted.

montyshinda

Mar 6, 2018
Finally after a long delay, my application was filed yesterday May 3. Will keep the group posted once I hear on the decision. Been told that it should come in the next 2 weeks.