+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

rohtak

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Hey Guys. I received my GCMS notes. It is 53 page document with most of the information gibberish to me. I went through all the 53-pages and I did not find any reason for delay. Is there a certain section I should look at for information.
Reason I am posting it here is two fold,
1) If anyone can help me in finding out where should I find why my application is delayed.
2) I know lot of people are thinking of ordering their GCMS notes but at this point as per my experience I did not gain any insights after going through mine.

Let me know if someone has better experience in reading GCMS notes.
Date of Application: May 7th, 2020
Date of biometrics: July 17th, 2020
Date of GCMS request: Aug 18th, 2020
Received GCMS: Sep 7th, 2020
Applied in USA
I dont know much about GCMS but seeing your timeline ,can tell that you will have application processed soon in coming 2-3 weeks

Reactions: NeedHelp2020

werehere

Jul 10, 2020
Hey Guys. I received my GCMS notes. It is 53 page document with most of the information gibberish to me. I went through all the 53-pages and I did not find any reason for delay. Is there a certain section I should look at for information.
Reason I am posting it here is two fold,
1) If anyone can help me in finding out where should I find why my application is delayed.
2) I know lot of people are thinking of ordering their GCMS notes but at this point as per my experience I did not gain any insights after going through mine.

Let me know if someone has better experience in reading GCMS notes.
Date of Application: May 7th, 2020
Date of biometrics: July 17th, 2020
Date of GCMS request: Aug 18th, 2020
Received GCMS: Sep 7th, 2020
Applied in USA
look for section with Notes and Outgoing Correspondence details.

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Has anybody changed the work location (to a different province) when ICT WP is being processed..? Can we do that?
or what other options we have to change location..?

Arrow16

Sep 9, 2020
Dear all, I’d like to share my experience. I hope it would be helpful for you.
I as the primary applicant applied for LMIA exempt work permit (postdoc, non ICT) and my wife applied for an open work permit. We are both non-US citizens but we live in the U.S.
Application info:
Application submission: July 21, 2020
Biometrics completion: July 22, 2020
Biometrics correspondence letter: Aug 11, 2020
After this date, we got no updates. On Aug 29, 2020 my employer (postdoc mentor) emailed IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca, to ask for expediting the processing of my work permit. The content of the employer’s letter was that my presence is beneficial to Canada in terms of water security (my research topic) and etc. There was nothing in the letter about my potential benefits to Canada regarding the COVID19 pandemic. Since they didn’t reply, after about a week, I sent a separate email to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca on Sep 3, 2020 and gave them my complete application information (application number, UCI number, passport number, date of birth, my current address) and attached the same letter that my employer sent on Aug 29, 2020. Additionally, I explained that although my wife has applied for an open work permit, there a possibility that she could be employed as a postdoc (no official letter was attached). I also sent the same letter via the Web Form on the same date.
On Sep 8, 2020 my wife and I both got emails from IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca saying that your applications have been approved but we are not sending the passport request at this time! The Webform didn’t reply.
On the same date, I chatted with Los Angles VAC and asked about the passport submission procedure. During the chat, the representative asked about the type of my visa. A few minutes after the chat, I got the passport request letter! I guess that my chat was influential.
Hope my info could be helpful for you guys.
Best of luck!

AfricanGiant912

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
I as the primary applicant applied for LMIA exempt work permit (postdoc, non ICT) and my wife applied for an open work permit. We are both non-US citizens but we live in the U.S.
Application info:
After this date, we got no updates. On Aug 29, 2020 my employer (postdoc mentor) emailed IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca, to ask for expediting the processing of my work permit. The content of the employer’s letter was that my presence is beneficial to Canada in terms of water security (my research topic) and etc. There was nothing in the letter about my potential benefits to Canada regarding the COVID19 pandemic. Since they didn’t reply, after about a week, I sent a separate email to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca on Sep 3, 2020 and gave them my complete application information (application number, UCI number, passport number, date of birth, my current address) and attached the same letter that my employer sent on Aug 29, 2020. Additionally, I explained that although my wife has applied for an open work permit, there a possibility that she could be employed as a postdoc (no official letter was attached). I also sent the same letter via the Web Form on the same date.
On Sep 8, 2020 my wife and I both got emails from IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca saying that your applications have been approved but we are not sending the passport request at this time! The Webform didn’t reply.
On the same date, I chatted with Los Angles VAC and asked about the passport submission procedure. During the chat, the representative asked about the type of my visa. A few minutes after the chat, I got the passport request letter! I guess that my chat was influential.
Best of luck!
congratulations! This is very helpful. thanks again.

dpH133

Jul 22, 2020
Application info:
Best of luck!
Congratulations!! Did you both get the passport request letter at the same time?

ampar

Aug 5, 2020
By myself via getgcmsnotesbuddy.com
Hi, I am planning to request GCMS notes using gcmsnotesbuddy.com
1) I am seeing different types such as GCMS Basic, GCMS Plus etc.. Can you pls tell me which one did you order?
2) Also, do I need to know my UCI number? I just know my Application Number. Thanks!

manjunathsr14

Jun 4, 2020
Got Passport requests today for my dependents and I, here is the timeline:
ICT WP and Visitor Permit filed from US on April 9th
Biometrics done on July 13th
Received Passport Request on Sep 11th

I have not sent any employer letter to prioritize my request nor any web forms asking for status. I have returned to India and right now checking with my employer on how to proceed to submit the passports as VAC offices are closed. Will update once I hear next steps.

Last edited:

baa_at

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Got Passport requests today for my dependents and I, here is the timeline:
ICT WP and Visitor Permit filed from US on April 9th
Biometrics done on July 13th
Received Passport Request on Sep 11th

I have not sent any employer letter to prioritize my request nor any web forms asking for status. I have returned to India and right now checking with my employer on how to proceed to submit the passports as VAC offices are closed. Will update once I hear next steps.
Congrats!!!

harmeet1990

Jul 28, 2020
Application info:
Best of luck!
Do you mind sharing which University you are going to?