+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

poppedpluto

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
To which email id do you send the expedite request to? Is there a specific format you follow?
This email: mailto:IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

No specific format to follow. Your employer has to demonstrate that you’re an essential worker and how you will be benefitting the Canadian economy during this pandemic. Make sure to mention that your employer is open for business and also that you will quarantine during the first 14 days of your arrival to Canada before you can start working.

Reactions: PravinDeo

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
This email: mailto:IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

No specific format to follow. Your employer has to demonstrate that you’re an essential worker and how you will be benefitting the Canadian economy during this pandemic. Make sure to mention that your employer is open for business and also that you will quarantine during the first 14 days of your arrival to Canada before you can start working.
Hey @poppedpluto , one quick question. I emailed VFS shipping label email, they said they would reply in 24 business hours but they still haven’t. How long did it take for them to reply to you? Also have you received letter of introduction yet?

Last edited:

poppedpluto

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Hey @poppedpluto , one quick question. I emailed VFS shipping label email, they said they would reply in 24 business hours but they still haven’t. How long did it take for them to reply to you? Also have you received letter of introduction yet?
I got a reply within 24 hours but it was also a weekday so maybe wait till Monday. They should email you with a link to pay a invoice for a prepaid shipping labels from FedEx.also did you attach the excel document as mentioned on their website?

Yes I got letter of introduction. You get that on your application portal once they receive your passport and ship it back to you.

Last edited:

PravinDeo

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
I got a reply within 24 hours but it was also a weekday so maybe wait till Monday. They should email you with a link to pay a invoice for a prepaid shipping labels from FedEx.also did you attach the excel document as mentioned on their website?

Yes I got letter of introduction. You get that on your application portal once they receive your passport and ship it back to you.
Which excel document is required to send?? i have not received passport request yet .. learning. thanks

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019

Hi, I did attach the excel and passport request. It’s been a day already, hopefully it arrives on Monday. The excel is just some base personal info and addresses etc.

AfricanGiant912

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Today I received my GCMS notes. I requested it on August 06, 2020. I'm very surprised that I got it in ~21 days. I was frustrated by the whole covid induced delays on work permit and visa processing and wanted to see what is in the file. I recommend everyone to request GCMS notes. It is a good read.

What is the notes is surprising. My WP application seems to be approved on June 26 and they are holding passport request due to COVID. It is also explicitly written in one of the GMCS notes from CPC Edmonton officer. I've applied for GSS (LIMA-exempt) ICT work permit on Feb 28, 2020 from USA. I did biometrics on March 13, 2020. I've got the biometric validity letter on July 23, 2020.

The last GCMS notes says "Approved, counterfoil set to queue, PPT letter to be sent by VO". The due date is October 21, 2020. I'm hoping to get the passport request before that.

Hope this helps people who are waiting for updates.
congratulations again on your WP approval. Was just wondering, did you apply for your WP online or through VO?

jazzfam

Jul 23, 2020
I ordered GCMS notes and got them within 21 days also.

The crazy thing is the notes say they asked me for proof of education on August 6.

I have never received any email from IRCC, and NOTHING showed up on my account when I log in except for "application submitted." I sent the proof via webform today but am not sure why I never received any notification or request from them.

Now I wonder if I should be calling weekly to see if they need anything else.

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
Hi, guys do anyone see any latest posts of our members documenting their travel to Canada with the the entire family (spouse and kids). I am wondering how it is like and specially what are the documents needed to be presented during this covid times