+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC (Permanent Resident Card) Renewal Timeline 2019

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi @dpenabill
Can you please tell us what is the general procedure for the PR card renewal.? As our timeline is beyond average timeframe and my application is very straight forward but still some people are getting the approval within a day and some of us are going beyond the timeline.
As my other called (though I did not have chance to call because of my work schedule) they get the answer that everything looks fine and progressing...
@dpenabill pls give us the general idea of the process that may help us to calm our nerves.
Especially by seeing others getting approval in just a single day.
I am NOT an expert.

That said, the procedures employed in routinely processed applications are not complicated. Routinely processed applications are those readily assessed on their face, applications in cases where the residency determination can be made based on a paper review. That is, straightforward applications where the application is complete and it is readily determined the PR meets residency requirements.

Routine processing is basically (1) verifying identity and PR status of the client/applicant; (2) assessing the submitted information as to compliance with the PR Residency Obligation; and (3) otherwise screening for possible inadmissibility (which I suspect is mostly a GCMS records check).

There are many reasons why this or that application might encounter non-routine processing, including triage criteria which triggers further investigation. The non-routine procedures can vary widely, ranging from some minor additional checks which do not delay processing much, to significantly more involved procedures.

In any event, the procedure is outlined in the Operational Manual ENF 27 Permanent resident card, beginning in section 8 titled "Procedure: PR cards issued on application" This operational manual is available in a PDF format at the IRCC website, a link to the PDF can be found at this page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals.html

The manual appears to NOT be entirely up-to-date or otherwise not entirely accurate. For example, there is no reference to what is referred to here as "Secondary Review."

There is also Operational Bulletin, OB 536, which is titled "Residency Determination Processing for Applicants Outside of Canada Referred by the Sydney Case Processing Centre’s Permanent Resident Card Centre," which can be found here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2016/536-modified-december-19-2016.html

This OB is specifically about applications for a PR card "when the applicant is outside of Canada." However, some of its information about procedure is illustrative more generally and helps to put possible non-routine procedures (for any PR card applicant) in context.

As for what is happening with your particular application, again I am NOT an expert and I am not qualified to offer personal advice. Applications can encounter minor non-routine processing which does not delay the process for long and which does not require the PR to do or provide anything more than what was submitted with the application. Some applications can encounter more intensive and intrusive procedures, which can involve submitting additional information and documents, or attending an interview, resulting in longer delays. How it goes does NOT depend on luck but rather on the particular facts and circumstances in the individual case. However, appearances can play a significant role.

DR-DARKMAN

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
sent along
IELTS Request
sent along
finally for me it shows decision made on the myaccount and ecas but still 3 lines on the details.. waiting to get the 4th line of pr cards mailed..

reminder my application was received on Aug 6th

I expect all of you who were stuck like me to start receiving updates soon..
will update you once got any further updates

Reactions: isquare

isquare

Dec 11, 2013
My status says decision made too!!! It just changed this afternoon.

When I click on it it still doesn't show any additional update after "We began processing your application on August 14"

Reactions: jemapena1

PurelyCanadian

Star Member
Mar 8, 2019
Mine is still in process
But Congrats for all of you who received the update. And prayers and wishes for all of us who are still in process. After all, its God's will

jemapena1

Aug 22, 2019
Still no updates on my end but I called today and an agent told me that they were already "making" the card. Hopefully, I have an official update soon.
Cards are usually mailed, right? How long does it take to receive them?

jemapena1

Aug 22, 2019

When I click on it it still doesn't show any additional update after "We began processing your application on August 14"
I am still in process but they started on August 15 hopefully tomorrow is my day!

jemapena1

Aug 22, 2019

I am still in process but they started on August 15 hopefully tomorrow is my day!

manu.m

Sep 7, 2018
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 22, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 27, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on August 27, 2019.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on August 29, 2019.

Application - Family (Adult + Child)
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 22, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 27, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on August 27, 2019.
  4. Decision Made August 27/28, 2019

DR-DARKMAN

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
sent along
IELTS Request
sent along
my cards were sent by mail yesterday.. but the ecas update done early morning today..

will let you know how long it took to get it

good luck for all

isquare

Dec 11, 2013
my cards were sent by mail yesterday.. but the ecas update done early morning today..

will let you know how long it took to get it

good luck for all
Ditto

My status as of yesterday was decision made.
Today it changed to complete. When I clicked on complete, it said that they mailed out my PR card yesterday.

Yay

PurelyCanadian

Star Member
Mar 8, 2019
Any updates in status ? I just checked mine but still "In Process". I hope we reminder people move forward with dispatch of cards tomorrow and decision made status. Now really getting worried...