+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC (Permanent Resident Card) Renewal Timeline 2019

PurelyCanadian

Star Member
Mar 8, 2019
Guys I am left over to get Decision Made. Our app was started processing in 2nd week of Aug 2019,
We are still In Process. We called and they said that everything looks good, just wait until card is mailed and dispatched. Hopefully Today will be our day, God Bless all

isquare

Dec 11, 2013
Finally decision made but no more updates. does anybody know how long does it take from when they make a decision to when they mail the card?.

Also has any of you have any updates during the weekend?I am afraid that mine would de delayed due to the long weekend.
Hi,

Speaking from my experience.
My status changed to "Decision Made" on Thursday August 29. When I clicked on the status the application update still said "We started processing your application on August 14"
On Friday, August 30 - the status changed to "Complete". When I clicked on the status the application update said "We approved your application on August 29. We mailed out your PR Card on August 29"

Hope this helps.

isquare

Dec 11, 2013
my cards were sent by mail yesterday.. but the ecas update done early morning today..

will let you know how long it took to get it

good luck for all
Any news?

I checked my mail today and don't have it yet. I live in downtown Toronto.

sammy_2019

Sep 4, 2019
Hi friends,
I have a question that, my wife is a main applicant, but she is in India due to some medical issue and i m a secondary applicant and my p.r card expired in next year, can i renew my p.r card without her.

SANGLSO

Aug 28, 2019
I called them again this morning and the answer was the same , " There seems to be no issue with your application so just wait"

DR-DARKMAN

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
sent along
IELTS Request
sent along
Any news?

I checked my mail today and don't have it yet. I live in downtown Toronto.
still didn't receive it till today morning

status is Complete

DR-DARKMAN

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
sent along
IELTS Request
sent along
Hi friends,
I have a question that, my wife is a main applicant, but she is in India due to some medical issue and i m a secondary applicant and my p.r card expired in next year, can i renew my p.r card without her.
yes you can .. after immigration application each of you can apply independently for PR renewal and citizenship

manu.m

Sep 7, 2018
Hi friends,
Yes, you can apply for PR Card if you have completed the required duration of stay.

DR-DARKMAN

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
sent along
IELTS Request
sent along
Just to update .. I received my PR cards today
It took 2 business days to reach me in Mississauga ... a reminder my file was received on Aug 6th and processing started Aug 12th

thx .. good luck everyone

isquare

Dec 11, 2013
I just received my PR card.

My final timeline is
August 8 - card received at IRCC
August 14 - acknowledgement of receipt
August 14 - started processing
August 29 - approved and mailed out

September 4 - cards received in my mailbox

For those of you looking to travel, keep in mind that Canada Post makes evening deliveries too. On their website their delivery timings are Mon to Fri 9am to 8pm.

I checked the mailbox at 7.30pm today and there was nothing.

After seeing DR-DARKMAN post, I decided to check again at about 9pm and voila. There it was.

I'm so glad.

SANGLSO

Aug 28, 2019
Wow.....my Status changed to 'Decision Made' today. Now hope that its a positive sign.

My application is in process since Aug. 19 .

Reactions: DR-DARKMAN