+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR "Inland" landing at CIC office / service canada

cruiser06

Star Member
May 27, 2014
Landing COPR not registered in CIC system.SIN number could not be issued due to this fact. 3rd week running, still COPR landing not registered.

Charlie79

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
cruiser06 said:
Landing COPR not registered in CIC system.SIN number could not be issued due to this fact. 3rd week running, still COPR landing not registered.
Dont worry, this happened with me as well. The reason I came to know in the 7th week was that my application was selected for an internal review (a random and normal CIC internal process, one a few applications get selected). It is because of this review, my data did not flow to any system outside of CIC's own system which their call centre agents also have access to. They told me that my application was selected for reivew and the review completed after 7 weeks and all of a sudden in the next 10 days I got my card and applied for SIN.
Regards,

zaibraza

Sep 19, 2013
br85 said:
They dont ask any document other than COPR and your Passport.
Also, you need to take 2 Photos for PR card.
I carried my recent Employment Letter, Bank Statements and T4/CRA.

They will be asking the basic ques like,
Date of Landing
First Time Landing
Your Address.
Then 3 basic ques in COPR like
"Have you Ever..." - ans (No) ques types(it will be in COPR)

Imp: Do not miss the appointment date.
Also, You can do your landing in the border even though you have scheduled for an appointment later.
Hi br85,

What do you mean that you can land at the border?
I'm waiting for my appointment letter from the CIC office here.. Are you saying that if i corss the border and come back in, I will not have to go through the appointment process from the local CIC office?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
zaibraza said:
What do you mean that you can land at the border?
I'm waiting for my appointment letter from the CIC office here.. Are you saying that if i corss the border and come back in, I will not have to go through the appointment process from the local CIC office?
CEC applicants can land at the border. Inland spousal applicants CANNOT. You must wait for your appointment.

Memg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
Firewall said:
I'd share my info, just in case someone may be reading this in the future:

As many of you already know, if you're in Canada on a valid permit, you can land by visiting a CIC office near your place, i.e. you don't need to leave the country, or flagpole. To do so, call CIC call center 1-888-242-2100 and make an appointment. If you're like me in the Ottawa region, you don't need to make an appointment. They have dedicated hours for this purpose. It's two Tuesdays in each month (the Tuesdays with odd dates, for example Jan 27, Feb 3, Feb 17, etc.) from 10am-12pm, and 1pm-3pm.

Documents required:
Confirmation of PR (CPR)
Passport
2 photo for PR Card

You may be asked:
Proof of status (work/study permit)
Proof of RPRF payment
Proof of resident address
Bank statement

Cheers and good luck to all!
Hi Firewall

I am in Montreal waiting for PR as QSW. Montreal CIC Office is an appointment only office and it will take a long time to wait for my landing appointment date.
Do you think I can go to Ottawa CIC Office to do my landing there on a Tuesday?
I suppose no. I wish I could.

apardhamija

Oct 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC Req: 13-01-2016 Sent:10-02-2016 , SchedA Req & Sent : 11-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Firewall said:

As many of you already know, if you're in Canada on a valid permit, you can land by visiting a CIC office near your place, i.e. you don't need to leave the country, or flagpole. To do so, call CIC call center 1-888-242-2100 and make an appointment. If you're like me in the Ottawa region, you don't need to make an appointment. They have dedicated hours for this purpose. It's two Tuesdays in each month (the Tuesdays with odd dates, for example Jan 27, Feb 3, Feb 17, etc.) from 10am-12pm, and 1pm-3pm.

Documents required:
Confirmation of PR (CPR)
Passport
2 photo for PR Card

You may be asked:
Proof of RPRF payment
Bank statement

Hey Buddy, Can you share the Address & OR Contact # of this place in Ottawa where you dont need an appointment for landing ?
Please share the details as I live in Toronto but can call ahead and confirm which day they will be accepting people for inland landing.

vinu.m.19

Sep 27, 2015
Hi All ,

I dont have a US VISA. So is there anything wrong if am going for border crossing (via Niagara) for my PR landing purpose ?
Will it affect in future if am applying for a US Visa ?

Awaiting for your advice

Thanks

Mississauga86

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
vinu.m.19 said:
Hi All ,

I dont have a US VISA. So is there anything wrong if am going for border crossing (via Niagara) for my PR landing purpose ?
Will it affect in future if am applying for a US Visa ?

Awaiting for your advice

Thanks
You don't need US visa for PR landing purpose.
Also it won't affect your US visa application in the future.

My wife completed her landing at 11, April (without US visa). Two weeks later she applied for US visa and got approved.

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Hi Everyone,

I need to activate my COPR before October 21st. I am currently living and working in Montreal and received PR for Ontario under CEC (MY COPR seems to specify Ottawa particularly). Can anyone advise me as to the best and least complicated way to activate my COPR? For example should I make an appointment at a CIC office to do this or is it better to wait until I'm re-entering Canada? If re-entering, is an airport better or a would a land crossing be better? Must the landing/crossing be into Ontario specifically? For example, I'm going on a business trip in August and will be landing back in Montreal. Could I do it then or would I need a flight landing in Ottawa? If the visa office is a better option, can it be in Montreal or must it be in the Ottawa office?

The second part of my question is about what I need to complete the process be it by landing/crossing or the office appointment. I presume I need to have a address in Ottawa and proof of funds. But what are the best ways to prove these? Are there any other requisites I may need? I won't have a job as I will have to quit my job in Montreal in order to relocate to Ontario. I'll be arriving and having to start afresh but at least I'll be starting off as a resident proper.

Thanks in advance and apologies if some of these questions are stupid or obvious. I thought I'd gotten over the hard part but there seems to be a few complications here!

CReddy

Aug 20, 2016
Hi shibinp,

I did my landing in CIC Office, Etobicoke.
It took close to 4 weeks to get the appointment.

The only disadvantage is, if you dont appear for the interview, it will be considered as you are not intrested for PR, so they may cancel your PR.
Is it so, if we dont appear for interview they cancel your PR? Are you sure?

Monzur

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016

Documents required:
Confirmation of PR (CPR)
Passport
2 photo for PR Card

You may be asked:
Proof of RPRF payment
Bank statement

Really? NO APPOINTMENT required if you are residing at Ottawa? is it still available?

Shakeel Shaikh

Mar 14, 2017
They dont ask any document other than COPR and your Passport.
Also, you need to take 2 Photos for PR card.
I carried my recent Employment Letter, Bank Statements and T4/CRA.

They will be asking the basic ques like,
Date of Landing
First Time Landing
Your Address.
Then 3 basic ques in COPR like
"Have you Ever..." - ans (No) ques types(it will be in COPR)

Imp: Do not miss the appointment date.
Also, You can do your landing in the border even though you have scheduled for an appointment later.
Hi,
Is there any specifications for the photographs??

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Hi Firewall

I am in Montreal waiting for PR as QSW. Montreal CIC Office is an appointment only office and it will take a long time to wait for my landing appointment date.
Do you think I can go to Ottawa CIC Office to do my landing there on a Tuesday?
I suppose no. I wish I could.
Hi Memg, did you do your landing in Ottawa? I am considering this option and in the same situation as you were.

Cepheus74

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-06-2014
LANDED..........
In Canada
HI al, I need some help. I am trying to book an appointment to land as a PR.

I am calling this number: 1-888-242-2100, but I have no clue which option to select, I can not hear one that says number # to book an appointment to land as a PR.

Thanks and sorry for being dumb!