+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR "Inland" landing at CIC office / service canada

Elyssa

Jun 7, 2019
Hii guys
1 quick question for all
I got my passport and COPR I need to do landing . Is it mandatory to landing together (husband and wife) as we both are In Canada and flagpoling is good option for me as border are full of traffic. So I have USA Visa and my wife doesn’t
So can I do landing first and later on for my wife ,
If it is possible then what’s the procedure to landing for wife ?
Please do reply and thank you kindly

No, it's not mandatory,

you can land first as long as you are the PRIMARY APPLICANT.

And your wife as secondary, will go after you landed.

ramujisumi

Mar 17, 2017
guys anybody who has got recent direct 'confirmation of pr interview' to local visa office inland?
any expieerience

sushminder

Jan 15, 2019
hii Guys,

i am in India and my spouse is in Canada, she got her COPR , but i still dont get my email to submit my passport even after sending 3 emails (explanation letters). my question is as i am dependent and she is primary candidate, can i submit my passport at VFS , Delhi with explanation letter.

PS - She got PPR from Ottawa office and i am in Delhi(out of canada)

onanall

Feb 11, 2015
You don't need US visa for PR landing purpose.
Also it won't affect your US visa application in the future.

My wife completed her landing at 11, April (without US visa). Two weeks later she applied for US visa and got approved.

What were the documents required while getting the CoPR done at the US border? What procedure she had to go through to get landing done? I have my US visa but my spouse doesn't have one.

Thank you

onanall

Feb 11, 2015
Hii guys
1 quick question for all
I got my passport and COPR I need to do landing . Is it mandatory to landing together (husband and wife) as we both are In Canada and flagpoling is good option for me as border are full of traffic. So I have USA Visa and my wife doesn’t
So can I do landing first and later on for my wife ,
If it is possible then what’s the procedure to landing for wife ?
Please do reply and thank you kindly
Hi nileshbhawar007,

I am also having the same question. How did you get your landing done? Please guide me.

Thank you

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Anyone knows if landing interview (inside Canada) can be done without appointment (walk in)?
I have no inside information but I doubt it else everyone would do it as opposed to flagpoling. Why bother with hassle of heading to the US border if you could just walk in .

ouniali

Nov 25, 2019
hii Guys,

i am in India and my spouse is in Canada, she got her COPR , but i still dont get my email to submit my passport even after sending 3 emails (explanation letters). my question is as i am dependent and she is primary candidate, can i submit my passport at VFS , Delhi with explanation letter.

PS - She got PPR from Ottawa office and i am in Delhi(out of canada)
Hi, I a similar situation as you. I am in Canada and my spouse is outside Canada. I just got my COPR since 3 weeks but she did not receive anything. What you did in your case? Should she go to the VISA application center in her country or waiting for an email? Thanks for sharing your experience :)

shoaibmozid

Feb 10, 2014
Hello,

My brother is trying to renew his PR card. He did his landing at the CIC office in Ottawa. What will be the port of entry in his case? He cannot find his CoPR to confirm the answer and he needs to submit his renewal application asap !!

Please help.

Ualberta

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016

Hi, I with my wife would also want to land at the closed border to Edmonton. Would you suggest which is the nearest and convenient from Edmonton? I do not have a car. All I have is going by redarrow bus to Lethbridge and from there cab to the border.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
thanks PMM,

is there any real difference/dis-advantage in doing "inland" landing and normal landing (border cross), why many people choose to go to nearest border and comeback instead of doing an "inland" landing? any idea..
If you live near a border, it is much faster to simply go and land than wait for an appointment. For those who are not close to a border, the appointment may be worth the wait.