+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal application sent about two months ago, no AOR yet, webform can't find my application yet !

suresh2989

Oct 10, 2011
Hi, I called IRCC and talked to a person on Tuesday morning. After going through the multiple choices/entries, which took me 5-10 minutes, I finally got to the PR renewal question line. The waiting time was about 50 minutes at 11am. Someone told me calling them in mid-afternoon is the best time, in addition, you can leave a voice message and your phone number. God knows when they call you back, but my friend told me they called back a few days later.

I hope this information will help you...
- They are currently processing the applications received in the third week of January. I hope yours will be processed very soon! Please kindly update your status in this thread!
- The application number is issued when the process starts.
- AOR email will not be sent until they start processing. In the other words, there is no way for me to find out anything until my envelope is actually opened. At least you and I know our envelopes were delivered to IRCC by registered mail.
- The approx. processing time, "67 days" (as of the moment) counting starts from the date when the application is received, not the date they start processing. They count as calendar days (not business days).
- The processing time above does not include days that would take for delivery of the new PR card.
- Online applications will not be prioritized over paper applications.

I submitted my application by registered mail in early March, so mine won't be processed anytime soon. I have a travel plan in the end of June and am getting anxious, but there is nothing I can do right now...

Thanks so much! this valuable for any others who are anxious about their own applications, I got AOR through email on March 24 and the card itself was received on April 3rd

suresh2989

Oct 10, 2011
Hi, as far as I know, you can’t link your application with the online one until you receive the AOR (because in the AOR they give you the actual application number). I didn’t try with PR renewal but it was definitely the case for my citizenship application - I couldn’t do anything for over a month until they sent me an AOR with the number. Sorry to hear about your struggle, I hope they provide it soon! Keep trying to reach out but I'd avoid applying with another application since not even 2 months have passed since you applied.
Thanks thats good advise for anyone applying and I got AOR through email on March 24 and the card itself was received on April 3rd.

Reactions: ques

suresh2989

Oct 10, 2011
There is no point in calling when your processing times are in line with others. Your File will only be “found” once you receive AOR and processing has started. Would suggest you not waste you time on the phone with IRCC because it will not provide any additional information or impact processing time.
probably makes sense to future posters who may be anxious the processing times includes the time taken to open your applicatuon and decision out of which time taken to open is like 90% of the processing times, all's well.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
probably makes sense to future posters who may be anxious the processing times includes the time taken to open your applicatuon and decision out of which time taken to open is like 90% of the processing times, all's well.
But if IRCC does vote to strike...things will get even worse, fast!

ques

Mar 10, 2023
Hi, Suresh

Congratulations for receiving your PR renewal Card.

Could you please tell me, did you able to check your Application status through tracker during the whole roughly 70 days (renewal) process.

You have mentioned earlier that you applied on January 23, 2023 and received your card on April 03, 2023.

suresh2989

Oct 10, 2011
Hi, Suresh

Congratulations for receiving your PR renewal Card.

Could you please tell me, did you able to check your Application status through tracker during the whole roughly 70 days (renewal) process.

You have mentioned earlier that you applied on January 23, 2023 and received your card on April 03, 2023.
No that’s why I posted here no details until AOR email till end of March

bigfoot

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2016
Doc's Request.
09/02/2017 AOM and RPRF
AOR Received.
30/11/2016
File Transfer...
30/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront-passed
Med's Done....
07/05/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/207
My wife submitted her online pr renewal this past February 8th 2023 and till now all it says on her account is submitted and nothing more. No emails. And it says 62 processing days and it's been over that already

Rk1989

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
My wife submitted her online pr renewal this past February 8th 2023 and till now all it says on her account is submitted and nothing more. No emails. And it says 62 processing days and it's been over that already
Did you try linking on gckey? My portal did not update at all from submitted but on gckey I saw it was approved/mailed.

bigfoot

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2016
Doc's Request.
09/02/2017 AOM and RPRF
AOR Received.
30/11/2016
File Transfer...
30/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront-passed
Med's Done....
07/05/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/207
Did you try linking on gckey? My portal did not update at all from submitted but on gckey I saw it was approved/mailed.
How do you link it to gckey if she hasn't received application number ?