+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal application sent about two months ago, no AOR yet, webform can't find my application yet !

nayyar_asif

Sep 15, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
I applied mid February and have received nothing yet... I don't even know if they received it. I tried searching for it and it's not in the system yet. Have you heard anything at all?
Hi there. i applied in June using registered mail. Canadapost sent out the notification that application was delivered. However, didnt recieve anything from IRCC. Did you recieve any update on your application?

Abhimk

Jul 27, 2020
Thank you, so we tried linking it and to no avail, all it says is no applications can be found . Tried the using different formats like UCI. Using her names and all that and nothing works . And we typed everything correctly
Hi All,

I submitted my PR renewal application on May 20th 2023 online. On 23rd I got an email stating the below:

Your photos do not meet the specifications, background of your photo is too dark your facial area is not centered in the photo chin too low
Please reapply with your complete application in the PR Portal. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected in the PR Portal and this will delay the processing of your application. Note that upon processing, an officer may request additional information.

I uploaded another photo and re-submitted the application. I had checked the 'Urgent Processing' option in my application as I was due to travel outside Canada in July for work-related reasons (which is a valid justification according to IRCC, provided we have all the proof and I do have all the documents for this). The urgent processing timeline is 3 weeks as per the website. Since I did not even get an AOR, I submitted a webform on 16th June 2023.

So far, neither have I received an AOR nor have I heard back on the webform. The portal just states that my application is submitted. The 'View' button under the action tab is not highlighted.

Can anyone give me any pointers as to what I should do? Does creating a new application cause any issues or further delays? Thank you!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I submitted my PR renewal application on May 20th 2023 online. On 23rd I got an email stating the below:

Your photos do not meet the specifications, background of your photo is too dark your facial area is not centered in the photo chin too low
Please reapply with your complete application in the PR Portal. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected in the PR Portal and this will delay the processing of your application. Note that upon processing, an officer may request additional information.

I uploaded another photo and re-submitted the application. I had checked the 'Urgent Processing' option in my application as I was due to travel outside Canada in July for work-related reasons (which is a valid justification according to IRCC, provided we have all the proof and I do have all the documents for this). The urgent processing timeline is 3 weeks as per the website. Since I did not even get an AOR, I submitted a webform on 16th June 2023.

So far, neither have I received an AOR nor have I heard back on the webform. The portal just states that my application is submitted. The 'View' button under the action tab is not highlighted.

Can anyone give me any pointers as to what I should do? Does creating a new application cause any issues or further delays? Thank you!
Consider applying for a PRTD while still in Canada as a possible backup:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/prtd-application-submitted-in-canada-success-story.794260/

If your PR Card expires soon and depending on your return date to Canada, you may not have time for a PRTD and would have to enter Canada via a land PoE in a personal vehicle (or on foot), unless you hold a valid U.S. passport.

Good luck!

Abhimk

Jul 27, 2020
Consider applying for a PRTD while still in Canada as a possible backup:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/prtd-application-submitted-in-canada-success-story.794260/

If your PR Card expires soon and depending on your return date to Canada, you may not have time for a PRTD and would have to enter Canada via a land PoE in a personal vehicle (or on foot), unless you hold a valid U.S. passport.

Good luck!
Thank you! I had to skip work-related travel because of this situation. Mine was just work related so it wasn't life or death, but I can only imagine what people would have to go through if it was a family emergency. IRCC should have some urgent processing like 2-3 days for such cases, if not already.

As for me, does anybody think submitting a new application makes sense (just to create some noise and urgency) or does it just add to the confusion? or worst of all, does it just not matter and IRCC will just take its own sweet time? #FML

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you! I had to skip work-related travel because of this situation. Mine was just work related so it wasn't life or death, but I can only imagine what people would have to go through if it was a family emergency. IRCC should have some urgent processing like 2-3 days for such cases, if not already.

As for me, does anybody think submitting a new application makes sense (just to create some noise and urgency) or does it just add to the confusion? or worst of all, does it just not matter and IRCC will just take its own sweet time? #FML
Submitting a `new' application would likely require a `new' fee. Keep your money for something worth spending it on.

s747

May 11, 2017
Hello All,

I've submitted my PR Card renew on 12th June. Its 2 months now but no update yet. I have an international business travel coming up in 4 weeks and need the PR card urgently.

Raised web form query and received response "We have received your request for the urgent processing of your permanent resident card (PR card). However, we are unable to proceed at this time because your application is not in process yet. "

Kindly advice, if its taking time these days and what should I do to get the PR card at the earliest.

Reactions: Smile24x7

Abhimk

Jul 27, 2020

Update:

I got my renewed PR Card today!
Here's my timeline:
May 20 2023: Applied for PR renewal online.
May 23 2023: Got an email from IRCC - they asked for more info - Photo had to updated again to the application. I uploaded the photo and submitted it the same day.
June 16 2023: Raised 1st web form. Got a standard response stating 'We’ll respond to your inquiry as soon as possible'.
August 01 2023: Raised 2nd web form. Got another standard response stating 'We’ll respond to your inquiry as soon as possible'.'
August 11 2023: Got a letter from IRCC with the new PR Card.

My account in the online portal still has the view button greyed out:

Thank you for all the help!

preet1911

Jun 30, 2015
Hi there ,
I hv applied my wife’s PR card on april 13 online,
When i checked on pr portal , it says incomplete application under return reason . I haven’t recieved any email or anything so i can check why it is incomplete. View button is grey so can’t see what’s wrong with previous file. Need some suggestions

1. should i start new application as we r planning to travel india in December

2. Should i put inquiry through webform
Any suggestions would be appreciated
Thank you

Jun 12, 2023
Update:

I got my renewed PR Card today!
Here's my timeline:
May 20 2023: Applied for PR renewal online.
May 23 2023: Got an email from IRCC - they asked for more info - Photo had to updated again to the application. I uploaded the photo and submitted it the same day.
June 16 2023: Raised 1st web form. Got a standard response stating 'We’ll respond to your inquiry as soon as possible'.
August 01 2023: Raised 2nd web form. Got another standard response stating 'We’ll respond to your inquiry as soon as possible'.'
August 11 2023: Got a letter from IRCC with the new PR Card.

My account in the online portal still has the view button greyed out:

Thank you for all the help!
Hey! I submitted mine on July 23 and IRCC did not email me for anything. Do you think my application is ok? since i have been waiting for my application for 2 months, i dont know if i miss something.

Jun 12, 2023
Hello All,

I've submitted my PR Card renew on 12th June. Its 2 months now but no update yet. I have an international business travel coming up in 4 weeks and need the PR card urgently.

Raised web form query and received response "We have received your request for the urgent processing of your permanent resident card (PR card). However, we are unable to proceed at this time because your application is not in process yet. "

Kindly advice, if its taking time these days and what should I do to get the PR card at the earliest.
[/QUOTE]
I submitted my renewal application on Jun 13th, and i got my card today.

Balasubramani28

Jun 15, 2017
Hi all,

I submitted my PR card renewal application online on 22-Aug-2023.
received email " PR card process initiated" on 02-Oct-2023.
Online status for return reason " Payment missing" though i added the PR card fees receipt "50CAD".
I submitted web form with PR fees receipt on 16-Oct-2023.

There is no further update for my application. Please suggest if anything else i could able to do here. I have international travel planned in December.
Also. let me know is the fees 50CAD is correct or do i need to pay more.

pjyoo

Nov 30, 2018
I submitted my application online on Sep 20 and got the new PR card in the first half of NOV. Sorry I don't know the exact date. I didn't check my mailbox daily since I hadn't expect it come so early. I didn't got any AOR and the online status still said "submitted" when I got the card.