+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal application sent about two months ago, no AOR yet, webform can't find my application yet !

suresh2989

Oct 10, 2011
Hi Experts,

I am in the process of PR renewal and I sent out my application on Jan 23rd and got tracking confirmation that it was received at the address on Jan 26th.

I did not receive any AOR email or mail to my address and I raised a web form about 20 days ago to request information on AOR or application progress, After two weeks an IRCC agent responded by saying,

"We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet"
"Rest assured that we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize applications as soon as possible and you will be contacted if additional information is required "

My PR card is expiring on 23rd March 2023 and I am anxious to get my card or at least get any clarifications if they need it, I tried calling IRCC their system requires I input an application number, but I don't have an APPLICATION NUMBER!
what does it all mean ?
Is there a way to know if my application is rejected ?
Should I re-apply?
When should I just re-apply?

Thanks for all the advise in advance!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Experts,

I am in the process of PR renewal and I sent out my application on Jan 23rd and got tracking confirmation that it was received at the address on Jan 26th.

I did not receive any AOR email or mail to my address and I raised a web form about 20 days ago to request information on AOR or application progress, After two weeks an IRCC agent responded by saying,

"We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet"
"Rest assured that we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize applications as soon as possible and you will be contacted if additional information is required "

My PR card is expiring on 23rd March 2023 and I am anxious to get my card or at least get any clarifications if they need it, I tried calling IRCC their system requires I input an application number, but I don't have an APPLICATION NUMBER!
what does it all mean ?
Should I re-apply?

Why are you anxious to get your renewed PR Card? Do you have travel plans that may require the card to return to Canada?

If not...try to relax a bit and see what happens. You at least have the tracking info that confirms that your application was delivered, even though you have no idea where it is in the IRCC building. LOL!

Oh...and the only way that your application would be `rejected', is if you have not met the Residency Obligation, which is the only real requirement for the renewal.

suresh2989

Oct 10, 2011
Why are you anxious to get your renewed PR Card? Do you have travel plans that may require the card to return to Canada?

If not...try to relax a bit and see what happens. You at least have the tracking info that confirms that your application was delivered, even though you have no idea where it is in the IRCC building. LOL!

Oh...and the only way that your application would be `rejected', is if you have not met the Residency Obligation, which is the only real requirement for the renewal.
I have a health condition that is not being treated to the best possibilities here in Canada so would like to have an option to go to home country if the need arises, my next lab test is in May if i know its worsening I would like to atleast leave in June :(

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suggest calling IRCC and hope that you're able to speak with a human...and that the human has the correct answer/solution for you!

Eve_2023

Mar 16, 2023
Hi Experts,

what does it all mean ?
Should I re-apply?

I sent my application on Jan 28 and they are now processing it. I never received an AOR. I called to get my application number then i linked it to my GCkey

Reactions: Krystal Nguyen

suresh2989

Oct 10, 2011
Suggest calling IRCC and hope that you're able to speak with a human...and that the human has the correct answer/solution for you!
I have called them the last few days but none of them are picking up when I reach the PR card option in their options but I’m gonna keep on trying.

Reactions: Ponga

ques

Mar 10, 2023
Hi, Suresh

Do you have any update ?

I had also applied for my PR card renewal online on 20th January, 2023.

Have received any thing yet !!!

I have called them the last few days but none of them are picking up when I reach the PR card option in their options but I’m gonna keep on trying.

suresh2989

Oct 10, 2011
I sent my application on Jan 28 and they are now processing it. I never received an AOR. I called to get my application number then i linked it to my GCkey
Hey There, Any trick to call them and have a person to talk to us? , I start calling them for. 7:55 AM but no luck yet once I get to PR card menu.

please and thank you.

marygbrasil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Hi, as far as I know, you can’t link your application with the online one until you receive the AOR (because in the AOR they give you the actual application number). I didn’t try with PR renewal but it was definitely the case for my citizenship application - I couldn’t do anything for over a month until they sent me an AOR with the number. Sorry to hear about your struggle, I hope they provide it soon! Keep trying to reach out but I'd avoid applying with another application since not even 2 months have passed since you applied.

takk333

Mar 23, 2023
Hi, I called IRCC and talked to a person on Tuesday morning. After going through the multiple choices/entries, which took me 5-10 minutes, I finally got to the PR renewal question line. The waiting time was about 50 minutes at 11am. Someone told me calling them in mid-afternoon is the best time, in addition, you can leave a voice message and your phone number. God knows when they call you back, but my friend told me they called back a few days later.

I hope this information will help you...
- They are currently processing the applications received in the third week of January. I hope yours will be processed very soon! Please kindly update your status in this thread!
- The application number is issued when the process starts.
- AOR email will not be sent until they start processing. In the other words, there is no way for me to find out anything until my envelope is actually opened. At least you and I know our envelopes were delivered to IRCC by registered mail.
- The approx. processing time, "67 days" (as of the moment) counting starts from the date when the application is received, not the date they start processing. They count as calendar days (not business days).
- The processing time above does not include days that would take for delivery of the new PR card.
- Online applications will not be prioritized over paper applications.

I submitted my application by registered mail in early March, so mine won't be processed anytime soon. I have a travel plan in the end of June and am getting anxious, but there is nothing I can do right now...

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Am gonna try that thanks a lot.
There is no point in calling when your processing times are in line with others. Your File will only be “found” once you receive AOR and processing has started. Would suggest you not waste you time on the phone with IRCC because it will not provide any additional information or impact processing time.

Vnpatel

Apr 11, 2023
Did anyone who applied after Feb1st got any update on AOR ? One of my friend who applied online got her PR directly with out any AOR. So not sure whats going on with paper applications.