+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

gavendano

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Hello guys I leave in Calgary Alberta and I had my hearing in January 1st 2018 and today I have a letter of my hearing getting postponed and I don't have a hearing date yet and I also will like to know which province are given driver license for Refugee claimants because here in Alberta they're not given driver license to anybody that's a refugee claimant without having the answer for your hearing please let me know which is our group Province to move in given driver license I was thinking moving to Moncton New Brunswick or Nova Scotia please help me out with your feedback thank you
Have you tried going to different registries? I've heard of some refugee claimants being successful at getting their licenses but they had to try on various registries around Calgary.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys I leave in Calgary Alberta and I had my hearing in January 1st 2018 and today I have a letter of my hearing getting postponed and I don't have a hearing date yet and I also will like to know which province are given driver license for Refugee claimants because here in Alberta they're not given driver license to anybody that's a refugee claimant without having the answer for your hearing please let me know which is our group Province to move in given driver license I was thinking moving to Moncton New Brunswick or Nova Scotia please help me out with your feedback thank you
It is almost expected that your first hearing will be cancelled. You are probably looking at around another year until your hearing. Maybe a little less. Due to the large volume of irregular crossings at the US border there is a large backlog.

chabby

Dec 21, 2017
Hello. The hearing of my friend was postponed because of the illness of the judge. Has anyone ever had such an event? At what time was the new hearing date set?

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
Hello. The hearing of my friend was postponed because of the illness of the judge. Has anyone ever had such an event? At what time was the new hearing date set?
That means one IRB member(judge) was assigned for ur fr but unfortunately he was sick.so ur fr has a big chance to get the hearing done soon as soon as the member is fit again
Most the claimant got prospondation because no member is assigned for them.so ur fr is lucky as he already got a member assigned for his case.

chabby

Dec 21, 2017
That means one IRB member(judge) was assigned for ur fr but unfortunately he was sick.so ur fr has a big chance to get the hearing done soon as soon as the member is fit again
Most the claimant got prospondation because no member is assigned for them.so ur fr is lucky as he already got a member assigned for his case.
Thank you! Maybe you know? At what time will a new hearing date can be set approximately? After 2 week or 2-3 month?

Sally8376

Jun 20, 2017
Hello all,
My hearing was held after waiting 6.5 months. It had been postponed to undetermined date. I was normally too nervous during this period.
This is just for your information. For those who have been waiting for rescheduling as I did; don't be hopeless please..
Bonne chance!

gavendano

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Hello all,
My hearing was held after waiting 6.5 months. It had been postponed to undetermined date. I was normally too nervous during this period.
This is just for your information. For those who have been waiting for rescheduling as I did; don't be hopeless please..
Bonne chance!
Good for you Sally! Can I ask you when was your original hearing date?

Spearman123

Jan 20, 2018
Hi dears,

Let's share the timeline of our postponed hearings as well as the given reason, place and why to come to Canada.

Mine as follow:

Proposed date of hearing: 22 Apri, 2017.
Reason for postponing: Lake of judges.
Place: Toronto.
Way of coming to Canada: TRV

Also, if someone gets a new hearing date please let's know.
Kind regards...
Pls. Mention ur nationality