+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
True, my lawyer has a similar opinion like you. In theory MPs would probably want to vouch only for those who can represent votes in the following elections.

However, a year ago as an International Student I contacted the MP of my riding to ask for changes into how international students were being considered for Express Entry. Interestingly enough, the liberal MP gave me a call back and discussed with me about the changes that will soon become a reality (i.e. the extra 30 points that we get for obtaining a Canadian degree).

Today we are not allowed to vote because we are not citizens, however, once the successful refugees become citizens we will be allowed to vote. That’s going to be a lot of votes.
The changes to the point system were already in the works and refugees are a small voter base who tend not to vote.

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
This does only one thing to me which is making me deeply believe there is no justice in the world including Canada, someone come from a very safe area and got a hearing and get accepted in 2 months while ppl waiting for years coming from a war zone and no hearings...
Expediting 160 cases a month vs postponing 1400 each month is not good news at all.
Thank you for sharing that.

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
This does only one thing to me which is making me deeply believe there is no justice in the world including Canada, someone come from a very safe area and got a hearing and get accepted in 2 months while ppl waiting for years coming from a war zone and no hearings...
Expediting 160 cases a month vs postponing 1400 each month is not good news at all.
Thank you for sharing that.
Make a request for priority scheduling if you have valid reason.you will get a new date in 1 week if your request get accepted

Halo14

Aug 19, 2017
My reason was mental depression due to relationship issues and the lengthy immigration process was reason for that.i had to submit a doctor's certificate to support my request for priority scheduling
Thanks for reply, it was submitted by specified form or by letter to them .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My reason was mental depression due to relationship issues and the lengthy immigration process was reason for that.i had to submit a doctor's certificate to support my request for priority scheduling
I know in a previous post that you indicated that you had a way to get a hearing date:

"What application do you have to submit? I would submit any letter they want if it will get the process faster.
what did the lawyer advise you? Just wait?
Pm me.i followed the same way and got approved for priority scheduling"

I would imagine some depression and anxiety is pretty standard among refugees. I would now expect that they will receive tons of letters saying the same thing and requesting priority screening, At some point they will start disregarding the letters when they realize that this is due to someone counselling them what to write and not a mental health emergency. It is unfortunate that those people who may be self-harming or may be suicidal will potentially be denied because people won't believe them.

Venezolano

Dec 18, 2017
Hello guys I leave in Calgary Alberta and I had my hearing in January 1st 2018 and today I have a letter of my hearing getting postponed and I don't have a hearing date yet and I also will like to know which province are given driver license for Refugee claimants because here in Alberta they're not given driver license to anybody that's a refugee claimant without having the answer for your hearing please let me know which is our group Province to move in given driver license I was thinking moving to Moncton New Brunswick or Nova Scotia please help me out with your feedback thank you

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
Hello guys I leave in Calgary Alberta and I had my hearing in January 1st 2018 and today I have a letter of my hearing getting postponed and I don't have a hearing date yet and I also will like to know which province are given driver license for Refugee claimants because here in Alberta they're not given driver license to anybody that's a refugee claimant without having the answer for your hearing please let me know which is our group Province to move in given driver license I was thinking moving to Moncton New Brunswick or Nova Scotia please help me out with your feedback thank you
ontario