Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Unfortunately the hearing times will continue to get longer. As a Canadian tax payer, I have encouraged my MP to put more resources into the process because we will be spending more money in the end paying welfare, education and health care costs for people waiting for results. There seems to be quite a few people who are misinformed and do not qualify for asylum. Unfortunately more applicants who do not meet the definition of asylum seekers will be able to appeal under H&C if they have been in Canada for years and may now have Canadian children who would be negatively affected if their parents are deported. I would encourage others to email their MP to encourage more resources into processing applications whether they agree with my reasoning or have their own reasons.
Why do these people use their children as leverage for h&c cases to try to stay here

Reactions: jerrymsigwa

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
If u guys think that ur hearing should be given priority then send a request to them with supporting documents.it works
I was given priority scheduling.

Reactions: fred2ndongo

Halo14

Aug 19, 2017
If u guys think that ur hearing should be given priority then send a request to them with supporting documents.it works
I was given priority scheduling.
Like what I asked my lawyer I didn’t get response also I searched in web to know what the situations that consider a priority as RBD rules .

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
My GOD , Hope you will get it soon as its one year almost. i am here with my family and need to sort things as soon as possible.

gavendano

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Country of Origin: Colombia
Original Hearing Date: 18 Oct 2017
Canceled On: 12 Oct 2017
Rescheduled to: ???? but no earlier than 12 February 2018
Reason for rescheduling: Security screening has not been completed by CBSA

gavendano

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Unfortunately the hearing times will continue to get longer. As a Canadian tax payer, I have encouraged my MP to put more resources into the process because we will be spending more money in the end paying welfare, education and health care costs for people waiting for results. There seems to be quite a few people who are misinformed and do not qualify for asylum. Unfortunately more applicants who do not meet the definition of asylum seekers will be able to appeal under H&C if they have been in Canada for years and may now have Canadian children who would be negatively affected if their parents are deported. I would encourage others to email their MP to encourage more resources into processing applications whether they agree with my reasoning or have their own reasons.
I think this is the way to go for us if we want to avoid becoming the new "legacy claims", should the government decide to do any sort of changes in the refugee determination system. It would be great if each of us writes to the Prime Minister, Minister of Immigration, MP Chair of the Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration and the MPs of your riding, requesting the government to appoint new members to the IRB and increase the resources for CBSA.

The system is fair and works, but it lacks personnel/resources and the current inefficiency is taking a toll on our lives. Most of us want to adapt and become productive members of the Canadian society, however getting a job is very difficult due to our "limbo" status.

If the timelines for processing our refugee cases keep being prolonged the system will loose the citizens trust, the finances of the provincial governments will keep being strained by the social assistance provided to refugees, and very importantly, the peace of mind of refugee claimants will be in a continued state of disturbance.

It will be a win-win for the country and for the refugees if the government increases it's efforts to resolve this issue.

Please talk to your Canadian friends, family or fellow refugee claimants and ask them to contact these people.

Mail your letters to the following addresses (Postage is free!!):

The Right Honourable Justin Trudeau
Office of the Prime Minister of Canada
House of Commons
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6

The Honourable Ahmed D. Hussen MP
Office of the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
House of Commons
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6

The Honourable Ralph Goodale MP
Office of the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness
House of Commons
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6

Use this webpage to find the MP representing your riding:
https://lop.parl.ca/ParlInfo/compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx

Reactions: imissmylove

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think this is the way to go for us if we want to avoid becoming the new "legacy claims", should the government decide to do any sort of changes in the refugee determination system. It would be great if each of us writes to the Prime Minister, Minister of Immigration, MP Chair of the Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration and the MPs of your riding, requesting the government to appoint new members to the IRB and increase the resources for CBSA.

The system is fair and works, but it lacks personnel/resources and the current inefficiency is taking a toll on our lives. Most of us want to adapt and become productive members of the Canadian society, however getting a job is very difficult due to our "limbo" status.

If the timelines for processing our refugee cases keep being prolonged the system will loose the citizens trust, the finances of the provincial governments will keep being strained by the social assistance provided to refugees, and very importantly, the peace of mind of refugee claimants will be in a continued state of disturbance.

It will be a win-win for the country and for the refugees if the government increases it's efforts to resolve this issue.

Please talk to your Canadian friends, family or fellow refugee claimants and ask them to contact these people.

Mail your letters to the following addresses (Postage is free!!):

The Right Honourable Justin Trudeau
Office of the Prime Minister of Canada
House of Commons
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6

The Honourable Ahmed D. Hussen MP
Office of the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
House of Commons
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6

The Honourable Ralph Goodale MP
Office of the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness
House of Commons
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6

Use this webpage to find the MP representing your riding:
https://lop.parl.ca/ParlInfo/compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx

Legacy claims were due to a change in processing system. Once the new system requiring faster hearing times was implemented the asylum seekers that has been previously waiting went to the back of the list because they were not required to get a hearing in 2 months. The current situation is quite different there is too many people applying for asylum. The system was at capacity before people starting walking across the borders but not at a legal crossing site,

Not trying to be rude but the government won't change anything if a bunch of asylum seekers write in. The only way more resources will be allocated to the IRB is if people who voted liberal in the last election write in and express their concern and that this may lead to them changing their vote next election. They are fully aware of the problems and the provinces and cities must be complaining to the federal government that they are stuck paying for welfare and sheltering new arrivals.

As we have seen in Europe people have to expect a longer wait time if there is a spike in people seeking asylum especially if they are using a loophole to make it into Canada in the first place. Given that people are still arriving and it takes time to train IRB staff I wouldn't expect a big reduction in the wait time. Everyone should expect that their initial hearing will be cancelled and that they will receive a hearing in a year or more.

gavendano

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Legacy claims were due to a change in processing system. Once the new system requiring faster hearing times was implemented the asylum seekers that has been previously waiting went to the back of the list because they were not required to get a hearing in 2 months. The current situation is quite different there is too many people applying for asylum. The system was at capacity before people starting walking across the borders but not at a legal crossing site,

Not trying to be rude but the government won't change anything if a bunch of asylum seekers write in. The only way more resources will be allocated to the IRB is if people who voted liberal in the last election write in and express their concern and that this may lead to them changing their vote next election. They are fully aware of the problems and the provinces and cities must be complaining to the federal government that they are stuck paying for welfare and sheltering new arrivals.

As we have seen in Europe people have to expect a longer wait time if there is a spike in people seeking asylum especially if they are using a loophole to make it into Canada in the first place. Given that people are still arriving and it takes time to train IRB staff I wouldn't expect a big reduction in the wait time. Everyone should expect that their initial hearing will be cancelled and that they will receive a hearing in a year or more.
True, my lawyer has a similar opinion like you. In theory MPs would probably want to vouch only for those who can represent votes in the following elections.

However, a year ago as an International Student I contacted the MP of my riding to ask for changes into how international students were being considered for Express Entry. Interestingly enough, the liberal MP gave me a call back and discussed with me about the changes that will soon become a reality (i.e. the extra 30 points that we get for obtaining a Canadian degree).

Today we are not allowed to vote because we are not citizens, however, once the successful refugees become citizens we will be allowed to vote. That’s going to be a lot of votes.