+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Halo14

Aug 19, 2017
Halo thank you very much for your kind reply one more question how early i have to apply for renewal before expiration of my work permit
No problem
If you want to submit online before one month is enough or hard copy have to submit before 3 months

mmlljj

Apr 11, 2018
Hi Kareem,
No, nothing from IRB since postponed.
Yes Im in Toronto.
Yes I have a great lawyer.

The latest update, waiting time is 20 months... so I m not expecting anything before the next winter unless some miracle happened.

Good luck Samer and wish us luck too

Misakaswal

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
I came here in toronto in April 2017 they gave me date if hearing on june but they camcelld due to security screening and send me a letter that they can reshedule it after october even if tgey dont receive myvsecurity clearance by then my request to all member as they now started fifo system for hearings can any body give an idea that when can my hearing may be schedule or if any latest development on hearings at irb please share any information this waiting thing is killi

Jahangir1234

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
Could you please share your lawyer contact with me I'm also applying refugee claim in nex

Hi Kareem,
No, nothing from IRB since postponed.
Yes Im in Toronto.
Yes I have a great lawyer.

The latest update, waiting time is 20 months... so I m not expecting anything before the next winter unless some miracle happened.

Misakaswal

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
Vetman its only 5 months i am waiting from last 14 months no news no n toronto yes everybody is asking on smeer tgread but nobody is replying about there timelines please anyway please share your experience

Reactions: vetman

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am not sure where are these people who were involved in this discussion? Do they receive any news?
Still waiting 5 months after the postponed date. Looks like 1000 years waiting:(
Think you need to realize that system is very overwhelmed. People's situation will unlikely change week to week that is why people are not posting. You have not been waiting very long compared to others. If you are approved you get to start the PR process which ill likely end up being close to 3 years.

Misakaswal

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
Smeer should have his hearing but we dont know we all can wish him all the best and wish everybodies dream come true just waiting some news from irb anybody know that under FIFO what dayes are irb working these days

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I assume the people who work there barely know what is going on they are jist trying to slowly get through the never ending pile. Assume they will try and go FIFO to minimize any time wasted on administrative stuff. FIFO you don't have to screen the applicants to see if you want to expedite some applicants. At what point they decided to do that is anyone's guess but assume the wait times will increase for protected status and then to get PR after protected status. There is nothing you can do about it but wait but posted times are most likely irrelevant. As a Canadian I also think this system is stupid. Makes much more sense to hire many more people to process applications faster. Less expensive than paying for health care, social assistance and education for applicants who don't have grounds for asylum for many years. Also the longer it takes the more grounds for H&C.