+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Hi123fmfncjr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
I will consider your opinion when you wait for 30 months without a hearing.
You propbaly just arrived.
Maybe Send a hand written letter to Minister Hussein's office? Who knows might empathize with you, anything honestly. Does anyone know of any other way to plead to IRB? Other than sending letters to registrar? Over the phone they really don't offer any help, most of the time not even answer

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Maybe Send a hand written letter to Minister Hussein's office? Who knows might empathize with you, anything honestly. Does anyone know of any other way to plead to IRB? Other than sending letters to registrar? Over the phone they really don't offer any help, most of the time not even answer
Samer, you can ask the MP of your area to contact the IRB.

Reactions: Hi123fmfncjr

Buffertiger

Feb 14, 2019
Short hearing .
I got a letter to saying I should come for a short hearing they also give me a date when I should come as well for less complex case can some one who experience this before tell me more about what the mean and what are my chances are is it a positive one I apply for refugee in February 2019 as a protected person

Hi123fmfncjr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Nobody can tell you, your chances it depends on your case. Short hearing is just to clear a few things up that the member wants to ask.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Either there is a strong chance of approval or denial. All depends on you case. Most have no previous claims and it looks like you have 2H&C claims so very hard to comment.

Hi123fmfncjr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Does anyone have an idea about the NOVA system the IRB uses to schedule people? I hear it's not by turn but rather preferences as in family size, and reasons for claim, as well as member availability/ familiarity with country. If so the system is no longer fair like this I feel

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does anyone have an idea about the NOVA system the IRB uses to schedule people? I hear it's not by turn but rather preferences as in family size, and reasons for claim, as well as member availability/ familiarity with country. If so the system is no longer fair like this I feel
Nobody said it was 100% fair. There are certain members that have specific knowledge about an area and are best qualified to know the history of the country and any cultural nuances that will be important for the ruling. People who crossed the border and not at a legal border crossing are also being prioritized especially in cases where they should be declined. There is also the separation of cases into a less complex cases which allows many to be processed in at least half the time. You have only applied in October 2018 and are lucky enough to be classified as least complex. You will get processed faster than the large majority of applicants. It is just not as fast as you want.