+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Hi123fmfncjr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
ahan i have sent an application for ATIP they charged me 5 $ and they said they will give me updates in one month.
Nice, you will also be able to see what the task force thought of your file in your initial screening by a member, there's credibility, identity, failure to claim, state protection internal flight etc etc

if identity and credibility are an issue don't worry, almost every member does this, if they don't cross these they will just send you a positive decision lol usually sorted after file review/short hearing/long hearing

Hi123fmfncjr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Nobody said it was 100% fair. There are certain members that have specific knowledge about an area and are best qualified to know the history of the country and any cultural nuances that will be important for the ruling. People who crossed the border and not at a legal border crossing are also being prioritized especially in cases where they should be declined. There is also the separation of cases into a less complex cases which allows many to be processed in at least half the time. You have only applied in October 2018 and are lucky enough to be classified as least complex. You will get processed faster than the large majority of applicants. It is just not as fast as you want.
Yeah I get it Canuck, the thing is some claimants are not genuine and are happy to drive an Uber for 3 years make a little money and head home if declined. I'm genuine, and I have places to be, it's frustrating but that's the reality. Let's hope it all works out, thank you for making me patient haha

syed009

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hello Everyone..

Just to update that I got hearing date of 21st November.. I hope it won't be postponed again..

anyone has some suggestions please share it will be helpful for me and kind of you.
Thanks

Reactions: Yeanie729

Talab111

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hello Everyone..

Just to update that I got hearing date of 21st November.. I hope it won't be postponed again..

anyone has some suggestions please share it will be helpful for me and kind of you.
Thanks
I will advise you to attend a mock hearing before your hearing day.

Talab111

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
hello talab.
Can you explain a bit about mock hearing. what it is
There are some organizations supporting the refugees by reading their files and based on that they will make a mock hearing, this mock hearing will help you a lot I called it iceberg and also you will become familiar with the hearing atmosphere. If you are in Toronto I can recommend you one of these organizations.

syed009

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
There are some organizations supporting the refugees by reading their files and based on that they will make a mock hearing, this mock hearing will help you a lot I called it iceberg and also you will become familiar with the hearing atmosphere. If you are in Toronto I can recommend you one of these organizations.
yes please..
I am almost in Toronto