+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Hi123fmfncjr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Received hearing date November 19 (PM). Applied November 14.

Elections are October 21st, kinda worried about the conservatives, can they impose funding cuts on IRB? Then less members; then more claimants in limbo?
Then more people staying idle and using Canada's systems and taxes, which the conservatives won't see or speak of haha just after those votes :D

Any local familiar with the party's agenda? I know they're against mass immigration, but what will occur with PR's and IRCC policies. I don't know much about the system here, but i'm glad that the prime minister does not have too much executive power like the states.

Last edited:
Reactions: syed009

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Elections are October 21st, kinda worried about the conservatives, can they impose funding cuts on IRB? Then less members; then more claimants in limbo?
Then more people staying idle and using Canada's systems and taxes, which the conservatives won't see or speak of haha just after those votes :D

Any local familiar with the party's agenda? I know they're against mass immigration, but what will occur with PR's and IRCC policies. I don't know much about the system here, but i'm glad that the prime minister does not have too much executive power like the states.
Skilled migration and sponsoring spouses and children are unlikely to be changed much. If the conservatives win they are likely to impose tougher guidelines on who should be accepted and perhaps process things faster so less people can claim H&C. There could be cuts to support services. Under the previous conservative government refugees no longer received healthcare until they were protected people. Tough to say. Roxham road will likely be the big issue plus immigration fraud in general. If there is a majority governments they have quite a lot of control on how government agencies are run.

I think there will likely be a minority government but we’ll all have to wait and see.

Reactions: syed009

syed009

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019

Same thoughts

Reactions: Hi123fmfncjr

Jan 10, 2017
Hi Everyone,

It's been quite long people are not posting their hearing dates in this thread, I guess nobody is getting hearing dates as frequent enough to share here. My situation is getting panic as my job and other activities are failing to keep me away from thinking of my hearing date. I joined French evening course to keep myself super busy but I guess few free moments are enough to be able to upset me.

This time is tough and very painful, I'm sure people who are in same shoe as me can understand my frustration. I'm respecting IRB decision to refused my application for a hearing date as my case is not ready to be heard but still it's very painful.

Hyate123

Oct 17, 2019
Hi guys
I applied in 13/July/2017 the gave me hearing Day 14/September/2017.then they sent me postponed letter after two weeks after I applied .till now I have no hearing Day,I called the IRB many times and send them emails, every time they telling me your application under processing.does any information about similar cases.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys
I applied in 13/July/2017 the gave me hearing Day 14/September/2017.then they sent me postponed letter after two weeks after I applied .till now I have no hearing Day,I called the IRB many times and send them emails, every time they telling me your application under processing.does any information about similar cases.

Thanks
The September interview date was never an actual interview day but they were required to give you a date by law. As you can see based on others who have posted your timeline is not unusual. You arrived when the major influx of people walking across the borders started and the system got so overwhelmed it became really slow. Hopefully you should hear something in the next 6 months.

Hyate123

Oct 17, 2019
I wish there is a new news about it soon.

The September interview date was never an actual interview day but they were required to give you a date by law. As you can see based on others who have posted your timeline is not unusual. You arrived when the major influx of people walking across the borders started and the system got so overwhelmed it became really slow. Hopefully you should hear something in the next 6 months.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
HI can you please guide , what conversation you had on phone with IRB for taking date, please can you help if you dont mind
When did you actually claim asylum in Canada? You would not be considered under expedited processing as an Indian so you need to be prepared for a long wait for a hearing. Likely 1-2 years or maybe longer.

hilal86

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
When did you actually claim asylum in Canada? You would not be considered under expedited processing as an Indian so you need to be prepared for a long wait for a hearing. Likely 1-2 years or maybe longer.
In August 2018 my file was referred to IRB , my spouse is from pakistan and I am indian. My spouse in pakistan is hiding here and there because she is married to indian. Even in India we face serious issues attack, torture etc...constitutional laws are just in book . Things have changed now in India. Can any one please guide calling IRB has any impact to get hearing, my lawyer has written letter 2 months back and got letter we will inform your hearing date by mail. Not scheduled yet. I want to bring her here soon. I dont know how.