canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the reply.

About the Co-op/internship, what I mean is that sometimes it happens that you finish all courses from your college program before the expected date of graduation, and then you have free time to complete your internship working full-time. Let'say that my expected graduation date is May 2020 and I deliver all assignments by the end or March 2020, pending the internship only. Then I have time to go for an internship and work 40 hours a week until I complete the mandatory hours of internship for my program, let's say, 120 hours internship, which would be something around one month work.
If you have finished everything you need to graduate, you are done your studies and not allowed to work based on a co-op, regardless of the expected graduation date. If you still have mandatory co-op hours to finish, then that is a part of the program and not considered off campus work.

sorooshk59

Jan 23, 2020
hello, i lost my part time contract due to the corona virus situation, and my study permit will be ended soon. is there any way to help my wife to keep her open work permit while i am applying for PGWP without job , any changes due to the new situation?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello, i lost my part time contract due to the corona virus situation, and my study permit will be ended soon. is there any way to help my wife to keep her open work permit while i am applying for PGWP without job , any changes due to the new situation?
IRCC has not stated that there are any allowances in these situations, so she will need to apply to change her status to visitor prior to her work permit expiring.

amaurialves

Feb 27, 2020
IRCC has not stated that there are any allowances in these situations, so she will need to apply to change her status to visitor prior to her work permit expiring.
Hi, I am in the pretty same situation, but I have what I think is a complimentary question.
Even if my spouse has a valid eTA, does she have to apply for he visitor visa?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I am in the pretty same situation, but I have what I think is a complimentary question.
Even if my spouse has a valid eTA, does she have to apply for he visitor visa?

Thanks
Yes, your spouse must extend their status in Canada. An eTA has zero to do with status.

@Deep

Oct 16, 2019
Hi I am working and tim hortons as part time crew member. I finished my studies and applying for pg work permit. Is my husband eligible to get extend his work permit on my behalf or do i need a job offer of noc code 0, A or B??

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi I am working and tim hortons as part time crew member. I finished my studies and applying for pg work permit. Is my husband eligible to get extend his work permit on my behalf or do i need a job offer of noc code 0, A or B??
1. You need a NOC A, B or O job and 3 pay checks for your spouse to get a new SOWP>

WorshiperSS

May 4, 2020
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone who can give me an update on their cases or cases you know? (Not theories but real experiences)
The situation is like this:
A PGWP holder wants to apply for his wife's Open Work Permit extension with three payslips of his PART-TIME job (NOC 0, A, or B).

It would be appreciated if you also can mention how many hours per week the job had.

Thank you so much in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone who can give me an update on their cases or cases you know? (Not theories but real experiences)
The situation is like this:
A PGWP holder wants to apply for his wife's Open Work Permit extension with three payslips of his PART-TIME job (NOC 0, A, or B).

It would be appreciated if you also can mention how many hours per week the job had.

Thank you so much in advance.
Part-time is fine as long as it's skilled. There is no requirement for you to be employed full-time.

mag1000

Jul 22, 2019
Hello everyone,

I would like some help with my situation.

I just finished the college and I'm waiting for my status to change to Graduated to apply for my PGWP. I have been working for the same company since I did my co-op, and right now due to the COVID the company extended my contract only until Jun 30.
Basically, I'll get my letter from the college by the end of May and my contract goes until the end of Jun.
I'll have my 3 payslips since I'm working there for almost 1 year, the position is on NOC and Part-time, I'm worried about the length of the contract.
With a contract like this can I extend my wife's work permit?

Thanks

Deep8031

Dec 22, 2019
Can anyone help me as i have some doubt?

1. If my wife applied for pgwp and waiting for her result and i also want to extend my swop once she got her three pay slip of skill job. What should I attach for proof of family member status as she doesn’t have her pgwp.

2. After applying my extension of swop if she lost job before i got my extension.
Does my work permit rejected?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Can anyone help me as i have some doubt?

1. If my wife applied for pgwp and waiting for her result and i also want to extend my swop once she got her three pay slip of skill job. What should I attach for proof of family member status as she doesn’t have her pgwp.

2. After applying my extension of swop if she lost job before i got my extension.
Does my work permit rejected?
1. Proof she has applied for the PGWP.

2. No.