+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit and Spouse Open Work Permit Extension

kiret_

Aug 28, 2019
hi dear actually i have PGWP i m doing job of biotech technician, i gave my payslips job letter and all doc to apply my husband SOWP. that one is rejected with reason that no sufficient proofs to show that my job is under NoC 0, A, B nd my jobs comes undr noc B(2221)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi dear actually i have PGWP i m doing job of biotech technician, i gave my payslips job letter and all doc to apply my husband SOWP. that one is rejected with reason that no sufficient proofs to show that my job is under NoC 0, A, B nd my jobs comes undr noc B(2221)
Did the duties listed in the job letter match the NOC?

kiret_

Aug 28, 2019
yes they did, everything was elaborated in job letter. My Position, hours, salary, Benefits. proper description of job duties.
I m so stressed.

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Did the duties listed in the job letter match the NOC?
Hi can you advise me something?
I applied for my work permit extension on 18 April ,its lmia to lmia extension with new employer, its almost 5 months now file is under eligibility review from 1.5 months I don't know wts going I have been sick of calling cic and filling web forms every response says for wait is it normal thing for getting so delay or rare case , any thing I can do??
Please advise me something I'm so stressed

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Your post is confusing.

Your SOWP was rejected? Or was your spouse's SOWP rejected? To get the SOWP approved, the spouse who is on the PGWP must provide proof they have a NOC A/B/0 role and provide three payslips. IRCC doesn't want payslips for the person on the SOWP - they require payslips from the person on the PGWP.
Hi can you advise me something?
I applied for my work permit extension on 18 April ,its lmia to lmia extension with new employer, its almost 5 months now file is under eligibility review from 1.5 months I don't know wts going I have been sick of calling cic and filling web forms every response says for wait is it normal thing for getting so delay or rare case , any thing I can do??
Please advise me something I'm so stressed

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
yes they did, everything was elaborated in job letter. My Position, hours, salary, Benefits. proper description of job duties.
I m so stressed.
You can try sending a Webform asking for reconsideration. Or apply again.

kiret_

Aug 28, 2019
Hi,,
As i have done B. pharmacy but i was selected for Biotech job because i studied many majors of biotech in pharmacy. This might be any issue to work as Biotech technician??
Thanks

Goncada

Dec 20, 2019
You can try sending a Webform asking for reconsideration. Or apply again.
Hi. Your help is very much valued.

I just received my graduation letter, and I am still looking for a skilled job offer to apply for PGWP. My wife has an OWP until july/20, but it says on Remarks: "ONLY VALID IF SPOUSE IS ENROLLED AS FULL-TIME STUDENT AT DLI"

My questions are:

1- Can she still work?
2 - If yes, how come?
3 - In this case, we can´t apply together, I must get a job and wait for 3 payslips, and then have her apply for an extension, Am I correct?

Thank you very much.

vb.yeg

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hi @canuck_in_uk @scylla

Please help.

I know you have answered this question so many time but I need some clarity. A friend of mine is working in NOC B job (part time 20 hrs/week). He wants to apply for pgwp and extend his wife's open work permit. Can he use the job offer letter that he has (says part time) and 3 pay slips to apply for his wife's sowp along with his pgwp application ?

He is confused of he needs full-time employment in NOC o, A , B for his wife to apply. Please advise. There is so much confusion around this.

This is what we found on cic website. This doesn't say anything about full time position.

"If your spouse has an open work permit (e.g. post-graduation work permit), you must attach a copy of your spouse’s work permit to your application for an open work permit, along with:

• a letter from your spouse’s current employer that confirms they work there in a NOC 0, A or B occupation, or a copy of your spouse’s employment offer or contract, and
  • a copy of your spouse’s recent pay slips"
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi @canuck_in_uk @scylla

Please help.

I know you have answered this question so many time but I need some clarity. A friend of mine is working in NOC B job (part time 20 hrs/week). He wants to apply for pgwp and extend his wife's open work permit. Can he use the job offer letter that he has (says part time) and 3 pay slips to apply for his wife's sowp along with his pgwp application ?

He is confused of he needs full-time employment in NOC o, A , B for his wife to apply. Please advise. There is so much confusion around this.

This is what we found on cic website. This doesn't say anything about full time position.

"If your spouse has an open work permit (e.g. post-graduation work permit), you must attach a copy of your spouse’s work permit to your application for an open work permit, along with:

• a letter from your spouse’s current employer that confirms they work there in a NOC 0, A or B occupation, or a copy of your spouse’s employment offer or contract, and
  • a copy of your spouse’s recent pay slips"
Thanks
There is no confusion. If full-time was required, it would be stated.

Reactions: vb.yeg

pmz85

Jul 19, 2018
Hi very body, have question...

The Regional Immigration Pilot that just started... do they need specific kind of Full Time job or as far as the job is in the NOC the candidate is eligible to apply?!

couldn’t find any info for that!

would appreciate if you kindly can help

thanks

dr_jaat

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
As far as I know, it's up to the community to decide what do they need more. IRCC is just trying to support the small communities with a shortage of labour without turning it into a doormat program. Try checking the participating communities' websites individually.

Reactions: pmz85

pmz85

Jul 19, 2018
As far as I know, it's up to the community to decide what do they need more. IRCC is just trying to support the small communities with a shortage of labour without turning it into a doormat program. Try checking the participating communities' websites individually.
Perfect, appreciate it

Last edited:

SCCP

Feb 4, 2020
Hello everyone!

I'd appreciate assistance with the following situation.

I currently have a valid study/work permit that expires in August 1st 2020. Right now I am working as a Co-op student as part of my post graduation program at the college, and my wife has the Open Work Permit valid until August 1st 2020 (same day as mine).

Could somebody help me with some questions below, please?
  • Once I receive the graduation letter from my College, will I need to find a permanent job in the NOC level to extend my wife's Open Work Permit visa?
  • Does it necessarily need to be a permanent role? Can this job opportunity be a contract position?
  • Can I work before applying for the PGWP? Or I should stop working and only get back to work once I apply for the PGWP, since I'd have a tracking process number(or similar)?
  • Can my wife work after I get my PGWP?
I know that I have a lot of questions, but I need to know what steps should I take after I wrap up this Co-op job, and apply for my PGWP...it is quite confusing to me.

Thank you in advance ( :