+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit and Spouse Open Work Permit Extension

Sabi6770

Aug 6, 2019
1. Proof she has applied for the PGWP.

2. No.
Hello
I have a study permit which is valid until March 2022. My wife’s OPWwill also expires on March 2022.
I am about to finish my studies by the end of 2020. She is working now.
Should we change her status to visitor when I got PGWP(untill the time to have 3 pay slips to get new OPW)
Or
She can continue working since her work permit is valid??
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello
I have a study permit which is valid until March 2022. My wife’s OPWwill also expires on March 2022.
I am about to finish my studies by the end of 2020. She is working now.
Should we change her status to visitor when I got PGWP(untill the time to have 3 pay slips to get new OPW)
Or
She can continue working since her work permit is valid??
Thanks
Her permit remains valid. How did you get permits until 2022 when you finish this year?

Deep8031

Dec 22, 2019
I am doing a PhD. I extend my study permit and I got a permit to March 2022.
Things move pretty quickly and I may be able to finish by the end of the year.
If you have extended your study permit then I don’t think so you need three pay slips. This applies when you applying owp based on pgwp work permit.

florencemary

May 13, 2020
Dear All,
I have graduated April 2020.My study permit expires on aug 2020. I have applied for my PGWP a week back. My spouse is on OWP and this expires aug 2020. My 3 yr old is on study permit(she attends playschool)., expires same as aug 2020
I am currently doing part time NOC B job past 10 months. I do understand that, I could have applied for the OWP and SP extension along with my PGWP, but , But I am looking forward for employment letter/job description letter from my employer, hence I had to proceed with my application only.

My question is :
1. Is the part time job, sufficient for SOWP extension?
2. Can I use last 3 payslips, which I received during my studies?
3. For extending study permit for my minor child, Do I have to show " funds available for stay". If so, how much I should show, for a family of 3, (while my pup is in progress and spouse is extending OWP).
If not needed, what information should be filled.
Previously, I showed 20,000CAD, while applying minor study permit from outside of Canada, for a family of 3. Am confused, if I have to show the similar funds now.

Please let me know, Your response is much appreciated.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear All,
I have graduated April 2020.My study permit expires on aug 2020. I have applied for my PGWP a week back. My spouse is on OWP and this expires aug 2020. My 3 yr old is on study permit(she attends playschool)., expires same as aug 2020
I am currently doing part time NOC B job past 10 months. I do understand that, I could have applied for the OWP and SP extension along with my PGWP, but , But I am looking forward for employment letter/job description letter from my employer, hence I had to proceed with my application only.

My question is :
1. Is the part time job, sufficient for SOWP extension?
2. Can I use last 3 payslips, which I received during my studies?
3. For extending study permit for my minor child, Do I have to show " funds available for stay". If so, how much I should show, for a family of 3, (while my pup is in progress and spouse is extending OWP).
If not needed, what information should be filled.
Previously, I showed 20,000CAD, while applying minor study permit from outside of Canada, for a family of 3. Am confused, if I have to show the similar funds now.

Please let me know, Your response is much appreciated.
1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Show what you have.

Reactions: florencemary

San1234_ind

Dec 28, 2019
Hello all,

I need some advice on SOWP extension. I am currently working as a full time employee in a gas station and I recently got my 3rd paystub. I have recently applied for PGWP in April.
Can I still apply for my wife’s sowp extension without my PGWP or do I need to wait till I receive my pgwp?
Is the gas station full time offer letter and 3 paystubs are sufficient to apply for SOWP extension?
Could you please let me know what all the documents are required for sowp extension apart from my job and paystubs?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello all,

I need some advice on SOWP extension. I am currently working as a full time employee in a gas station and I recently got my 3rd paystub. I have recently applied for PGWP in April.
Can I still apply for my wife’s sowp extension without my PGWP or do I need to wait till I receive my pgwp?
Is the gas station full time offer letter and 3 paystubs are sufficient to apply for SOWP extension?
Could you please let me know what all the documents are required for sowp extension apart from my job and paystubs?
Whether she can apply depends on if your job is skilled or not.

knltwy

Mar 9, 2018
Hong Kong
Hello everyone,
I have a situation like this now.
I am holding a SWOP with a full-time job in the IT industry. But my employer will not do LMIA for me.
My SWOP and my common-law partner's SP will be expired on 30 Jul 2020.
My partner just applied PGWP and started working in a NOC B job as part-time. As the pay frequency is bi-weekly, she will get her 3rd paystub on 3 Jul. However, because I saw the CIC website said that I should apply for an extension 30 days before the expiry date. I planned to apply it before 30 Jun and submit the 3rd via WebForm once we get it. Does this applicable?
Moreover, my partner has a question that can she change her job after I submitted the extension of SWOP. She may want to switch to another NOC B job like a full-time job. Will this affect my SWOP application?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone,
I have a situation like this now.
I am holding a SWOP with a full-time job in the IT industry. But my employer will not do LMIA for me.
My SWOP and my common-law partner's SP will be expired on 30 Jul 2020.
My partner just applied PGWP and started working in a NOC B job as part-time. As the pay frequency is bi-weekly, she will get her 3rd paystub on 3 Jul. However, because I saw the CIC website said that I should apply for an extension 30 days before the expiry date. I planned to apply it before 30 Jun and submit the 3rd via WebForm once we get it. Does this applicable?
Moreover, my partner has a question that can she change her job after I submitted the extension of SWOP. She may want to switch to another NOC B job like a full-time job. Will this affect my SWOP application?
The 30 days is not a requirement. Wait until you have the required 3 payslips and then apply.

She can change her job.