+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

post-doc researcher work permit

Webb_Hubble

Apr 26, 2022
I submitted my application on 2021-11-17 and got it approved on 2022-01-12, two days after calling them, though they always say that calling them doesn't speed up the processing. I explained that my application was very simple and that it should not have taken long to review. Maybe that helped.
this is really fast considering the huge immigration overload. where did you apply from?

Jenny1998

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
I submitted my application on 2021-11-17 and got it approved on 2022-01-12, two days after calling them, though they always say that calling them doesn't speed up the processing. I explained that my application was very simple and that it should not have taken long to review. Maybe that helped.
[/QUPlease which number do you use in calling them

Jenny1998

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Congratulations dear

Jenny1998

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Where did you apply from

parshakov

Sep 15, 2016
Where did you apply from
I've been living in Canada since 2007. I went to Russia in November and applied from there to be eligible for the two-week processing standard. All my work and study experience was acquired at the same university in Canada, so my application was probably easier to review that most.

Jenny1998

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
I've been living in Canada since 2007. I went to Russia in November and applied from there to be eligible for the two-week processing standard. All my work and study experience was acquired at the same university in Canada, so my application was probably easier to review that most.
Congrats to you once more

Webb_Hubble

Apr 26, 2022
Hi everyone. I have just received a message of original passport request. The final decision is saying your applicatin is approved. Unlike my earlier two meassages of biometric and medical exam, I have received this message in indian work hour time. The passport request letter says we require your original passport. So does this mean that entry letter and visa time duration is decided at the local embassy? I have applied for LMIA exempt work permit.

Jenny1998

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Hi everyone. I have just received a message of original passport request. The final decision is saying your applicatin is approved. Unlike my earlier two meassages of biometric and medical exam, I have received this message in indian work hour time. The passport request letter says we require your original passport. So does this mean that entry letter and visa time duration is decided at the local embassy? I have applied for LMIA exempt work permit.
Congrats dear am happy for you.like how many months do you wait for your visa to be approved?me I also applied for LMIA exempt work permit too,now is 10month of me waiting

Webb_Hubble

Apr 26, 2022
Congrats dear am happy for you.like how many months do you wait for your visa to be approved?me I also applied for LMIA exempt work permit too,now is 10month of me waiting
It took 2.5 months for the application to be approved. applied on 15th Feb and approval on 29th April. You have to note that this was an lmia exempt work permit for a postdoctoral research position. I have so far noticed that postdoc work permits are approved within 2-3 months. In fact one person I know got his post doc work permit approved in just 1 month, and that too last year when corona 2nd wave was wreaking havoc in India. However, the same might not be true for other professions. Maybe, this is why your application is taking longer.

Reactions: RajdeepC

Jenny1998

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
It took 2.5 months for the application to be approved. applied on 15th Feb and approval on 29th April. You have to note that this was an lmia exempt work permit for a postdoctoral research position. I have so far noticed that postdoc work permits are approved within 2-3 months. In fact one person I know got his post doc work permit approved in just 1 month, and that too last year when corona 2nd wave was wreaking havoc in India. However, the same might not be true for other professions. Maybe, this is why your application is taking longer.
[/QUOTE my is house keeping

Jenny1998

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Is they any hope I will get the visa?

Webb_Hubble

Apr 26, 2022
Is they any hope I will get the visa?
The whole world runs on hope. Hope is all we have. Since it has already been 10 months, you should now raise a webform explaining your sitiuation. Are you applying in closed or open work permit? Is there a joining date in your offer letter. Becasue if this is the case, then you must request them to prioritise your application. But if it is some other open work permit, then I am not sure. I have so far read that open work permits generally take longer.

Jenny1998

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
The whole world runs on hope. Hope is all we have. Since it has already been 10 months, you should now raise a webform explaining your sitiuation. Are you applying in closed or open work permit? Is there a joining date in your offer letter. Becasue if this is the case, then you must request them to prioritise your application. But if it is some other open work permit, then I am not sure. I have so far read that open work permits generally take longer.
Is open work permit.have raise webform like three times no reply from them ,my contract expires last month 23

Jenny1998

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Please I want to ask question .now is 10month,I checked my processing time is saying 28weeks last two weeks is 36weeks . please I don't understand it please explain

Webb_Hubble

Apr 26, 2022
Please I want to ask question .now is 10month,I checked my processing time is saying 28weeks last two weeks is 36weeks . please I don't understand it please explain
It should not have taken this long. I think this is not the correct conversation thread for you. This is primarily for postdoc work permit, which is a limited time LMIA exempt work permit. I think you should post your query in threads related to open work permit. There people would be able to respond to your case. However, that being said, your application should not have takent this long if your processing time is 28 weeks.