+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

post-doc researcher work permit

Jenny1998

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
There keep increasing processing time nothing has happened before you know it employment contract will expire.is on fair ,my is 8month nothing has happened no update

tang2022

Mar 9, 2022
Hello guys, I accepted a postdoc offer from a Canadian university and just sent my signed offer letter back to HR. I plan to apply for the work visa from the United States. I am a little confused by the processing time required for work visa applications from U.S One source says that the time needed is about 8 weeks for the work visa application from the U.S., and another which is GSS avenue would take approximately 5 months for applications from overseas. Which source of information is more reliable? I am thinking we might create a WhatsApp group or something similar that we can share updates freely. Thanks.

Mar 12, 2022
Hi Guys
Is there anything like one time entry VISA for Canada. I have valid work permit, but my initial VISA expired and I came India to visit my sick mother. It was am emergency. Now I want to return back and getting TRV is lengthy process.

Shrinka

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi Guys
Is there anything like one time entry VISA for Canada. I have valid work permit, but my initial VISA expired and I came India to visit my sick mother. It was am emergency. Now I want to return back and getting TRV is lengthy process.

Shrinka
1. You don't have a choice, you need a new TRV. There is no 1 time entry visas.

Jenny1998

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Hello guys, I accepted a postdoc offer from a Canadian university and just sent my signed offer letter back to HR. I plan to apply for the work visa from the United States. I am a little confused by the processing time required for work visa applications from U.S One source says that the time needed is about 8 weeks for the work visa application from the U.S., and another which is GSS avenue would take approximately 5 months for applications from overseas. Which source of information is more reliable? I am thinking we might create a WhatsApp group or something similar that we can share updates freely. Thanks.
That a good idea

Arinnn

Mar 16, 2022
Guys, I have applied for a postdoc work permit from Italy too. The processing time on the website is 7 weeks. Anyway, it has been 6 weeks and no news yet. My question is, why when I contact the embassy they reply that your application is being reviewed by an office inside Canada? And I have to ask questions through the web form. In this case, which processing time applies to my application? the one from Italy or inside Canada (I am not in Canada)? I appreciate your comments in this regard.

Arinnn

Mar 16, 2022
Why is then? I don't agree! Many steps such as Background check has been done! It could take a while but not longer than normal!
hello, I have applied for a postdoc work permit from Italy too. The processing time on the website is 7 weeks. Anyway, it has been 6 weeks and no news yet. My question is, why when I contact the embassy they reply that your application is being reviewed by an office inside Canada? And I have to ask questions through the web form. In this case, which processing time applies to my application? the one from Italy or inside Canada (I am not in Canada)? I appreciate your comments in this regard.

Arinnn

Mar 16, 2022
Hello,
I applied for a work permit for my post doctoral studies on 4th November 2021 and I have also done biometrics on 9th November 2021.
I got a medical request on 30th November 2021.
Medical passed on 9th December 2021.

I am still waiting for the PPR.
The processing time for my country is 11 weeks. These 11 weeks ended on 24th January 2022. Today we are 26th January 2022 which means the processing time is over?
Based on my timeline what can I do?
Should I send a web form?
Or this is normal and I should wait again for one week?
Help me on what I can do next based on your experience thanks.
Guys, I have applied for a postdoc work permit from Italy too. The processing time on the website is 7 weeks. Anyway, it has been 6 weeks and no news yet. My question is, why when I contact the embassy they reply that your application is being reviewed by an office inside Canada? And I have to ask questions through the web form. In this case, which processing time applies to my application? the one from Italy or inside Canada (I am not in Canada)? I appreciate your comments in this regard.

Webb_Hubble

Apr 26, 2022
Hi, I applied for an LMIA exempt work permit from India (postdoctoral research associate) on 15th Feb 2022. The biometric and medical were updated on 22nd Feb and 4th March, respectively. After that there was complete silence from IRCC. I then contacted the IRCC official twitter handle on 5th April. They replied that they do not respond via twitter for case specific queries. However, the concerned person also said that IRCC is right now prioritizing citizenship grant applications from Ukraine, and hence it may take a bit longer for normal applications to reach a decision. So I stopped checking my account for a few days. However, when I logged into my account on 17th April, there was the update of "We are revieiwing whether you meet eligibility requirements". I don't know exactly on which date this was updated, but going through the messages in this thread, I am hoping for a decision in the next 10 days or so. Secondly, I have one minor query from the users in this particular thread. I have noticed that both, the biometric letter and the medical exam form message was sent to me late at night. Does this mean that even if my case is being handled by IRCC office in India, I would always receive email notification in Canada work hour time? Is this the case with others also?

parshakov

Sep 15, 2016
I submitted my application on 2021-11-17 and got it approved on 2022-01-12, two days after calling them, though they always say that calling them doesn't speed up the processing. I explained that my application was very simple and that it should not have taken long to review. Maybe that helped.