+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

post-doc researcher work permit

tutsuk

Mar 12, 2021
hello everyone,

I got an offer from a university in ontario for post-doctoral researcher position. They sent me my offer and LMIA-exemption reference document.

My questions are as such:
1- When I try "come to canada tool", they ask me to upload:
  • Employment Reference Letter
  • Letter from Current Employer
  • Employment Records
  • Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered
  • CV/résumé
  • Employment Contract

I am quite confused in the process. I have already job offer and lmia exemption. why would I need to upload employment reference letter. I am not sure if I am selecting right answers for those questions.
    Is there anyone who applied for post-doc researcher work permit before??

jgriofrio

May 19, 2021
Hello; How is your application going? I´m in the same situation.
What kind of document did you submit for each requirement?

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020
I just saw this thread. Guys, you should gather documents for this position. This includes an employment reference letter from the previous employer or your Ph.D. supervisor. I heard that if you cannot present this document you can write a letter and explain why. However, I'm not sure about that. Please search on the internet.

sourabhtheone

Apr 4, 2019
I applied for a postdoc work permit (lmia exempt) on 26th March 2021. I am sharing what I have done, but I cannot say what you need to submit.
  • Employment Reference Letter - Typical IRCC reference letter from my current employer
  • Letter from Current Employer - Same as above (this is the most confusing requirement)
  • Employment Records - Salary slips, bank/tax records showing salary deposits (and reference letter from previous employers)
  • Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered - Provisional PhD degree certificate
  • CV/résumé - Regular CV
  • Employment Contract - Offer letter/contract that was given to you. In my case, the university admin told me to submit an appointment letter.

sourabhtheone

Apr 4, 2019
I applied for a postdoc work permit (lmia exempt) on 26th March 2021. I am sharing what I have done, but I cannot say what you need to submit.
  • Employment Reference Letter - Typical IRCC reference letter from my current employer
  • Letter from Current Employer - Same as above (this is the most confusing requirement)
  • Employment Records - Salary slips, bank/tax records showing salary deposits (and reference letter from previous employers)
  • Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered - Provisional PhD degree certificate
  • CV/résumé - Regular CV
  • Employment Contract - Offer letter/contract that was given to you. In my case, the university admin told me to submit an appointment letter.
My employer is a company (since I have been working full-time). I haven't taken anything from my supervisor.

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020
  • CV/résumé - Regular CV
Hi bro. Could you please share your timeline? I've applied for a postdoc work permit on 15th March, 2021.

sourabhtheone

Apr 4, 2019
I applied on 26th March 2021 from India under LMIA-exempt category (NOC 4011). Biometrics done on 1st April 2021 and medical passed updated on 9th April. No updates since then.

What is the status of your application?

Reactions: eo93

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020
I applied on 26th March 2021 from India under LMIA-exempt category (NOC 4011). Biometrics done on 1st April 2021 and medical passed updated on 9th April. No updates since then.

What is the status of your application?
Thank you for the input. I've applied on March 15th for an lmia-exempt postdoc work permit. I was asked about my recent 10 years of working or education experience on March 21st. Eligibility passed almost 1.5 months ago (not in my profile, I asked the agent over phone) and there is no update since then. The office which handles my application is the Edmonton office.

sourabhtheone

Apr 4, 2019
Thank you for the input. I've applied on March 15th for an lmia-exempt postdoc work permit. I was asked about my recent 10 years of working or education experience on March 21st. Eligibility passed almost 1.5 months ago (not in my profile, I asked the agent over phone) and there is no update since then. The office which handles my application is the Edmonton office.
What country did you apply from and was it paper/online submission? By agent, do you mean IRCC's officer? If so, could you also share phone number so that I can also call? Recently, Delhi High Commission posted on Twitter that they were processing work permit from Aug 2020 (except for GSS and essential category and I don't belong to either).

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020
What country did you apply from and was it paper/online submission? By agent, do you mean IRCC's officer? If so, could you also share phone number so that I can also call? Recently, Delhi High Commission posted on Twitter that they were processing work permit from Aug 2020 (except for GSS and essential category and I don't belong to either).
No. They are agents, not officers. This is the phone number 1-888-242-2100. I applied from Japan, my file is processing in the Edmonton office.

Reactions: sourabhtheone

sourabhtheone

Apr 4, 2019
No. They are agents, not officers. This is the phone number 1-888-242-2100. I applied from Japan, my file is processing in the Edmonton office.
I tried calling them, but I think the phone number only works from inside Canada. When is your starting date? Is your university flexible to delay the starting in case your visa does not come through? Which univ are you going for the postdoc?

bbasiit

Aug 25, 2015
Hi, A friend of mine applied for Post-Doc work permit and just got an additional document request. Can you please explain, if the Client information points ("Provide your complete education and employment history for the past ten (10) years without any gaps in dates.") need to be submitted written in a word document? or just filled into the IMM5257 (Application for a visitor visa) form?

Also, there is a column "Funds available for Stay" in the form, need to submit bank statement as proof now or just write amount there?

Also, Do you think it is needed to submit experience letters for the jobs being mentioned? Thank you so much for your help.

Here is the requirement in the additional document request:

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to
continue processing your application within 30 days of the date on this letter:
Client Information: Provide your complete education and employment history for the past ten (10)
years without any gaps in dates.
- If employed, provide the name of employer, position, period of employment (month and year) and
location (city and country). Include if you have held any government positions.
- If you were unemployed for some periods of time, write “Unemployed” for Activity/ Occupation
section and “N/A” for Company/ Employer section. You may complete the city/town and country
sections based on your residence at that time.
- If you were attending an educational institution, state the institution's name, program of study, dates
attended (month and year) and location (city and country).
This must be received at this office by: 2021/11/18.
Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer
since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate.
- Provide a No Criminal Activity Certificate from China. This must be received at this office by:
2021/11/18.
Schedule 1: A newly completed Schedule 1 Application for a Temporary Residence Form (IMM
5257). This must be received at this office by: 2021/11/18.

sourabhtheone

Apr 4, 2019
I applied on March 26 2021 for postdoc (LMIA exempt work permit) from India and received PPR on 18th Oct 2021.

AOR: March 26 2021 from India
Biometrics/medical request: March 26 2021
Biometrics/medical done: 1st April 2021
Biometrics updated: 1st April 2021
Medical updated/approved: 9th April 2021

No updates/ghost updates until 18th Oct 2021
BVL received: 18th Oct 2021
PPR: 18th Oct 2021