+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

post-doc researcher work permit

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Hi there! Have you received your decision yet? and where did your friend applied from?
Yes my application was approved in October along with my family memebrs. My friends (I remember 3 postdocs who applied with their family members) also applied from Pakistan and all the application were processed and approved within 5-6 months time period.

Reactions: Researcher_123

SAAR2017

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Nothing yet! I already have visitor visa and I have been working in Canada before.....I have no idea how they are processing work permits. Are they processing based on the their queue or they are selecting simple cases first?! Any idea?

SAAR2017

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
silll no update; "in process"

what about you?
Nothing yet! I already have visitor visa and I have been working in Canada before.....I have no idea how they are processing work permits. Are they processing based on the their queue or they are selecting simple cases first?! Any idea?

Be_Happy

Nov 6, 2021
how long before you have submitted your application????

Mascot5

Jan 17, 2022
Hi all, I haven't posted on here previously but I have read through threads to get an idea of how long permits typically take. Just for info, I had my work permit approved last night (on a sunday surprisingly) for a postdoc (research fellow). I'm from the UK and completed my biometrics on November 9th 2021. My application went straight from "We are processing your background check" to approved. Good luck to you all!

SAAR2017

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Hi all, I haven't posted on here previously but I have read through threads to get an idea of how long permits typically take. Just for info, I had my work permit approved last night (on a sunday surprisingly) for a postdoc (research fellow). I'm from the UK and completed my biometrics on November 9th 2021. My application went straight from "We are processing your background check" to approved. Good luck to you all!
Thanks a lot for your input. How long did it take to go from processing your application to background check? mine is still "we are processing your application".

Mascot5

Jan 17, 2022
Thanks a lot for your input. How long did it take to go from processing your application to background check? mine is still "we are processing your application".
Honestly, I can't quite remember when this changed. I only noticed that the background check was under review about a week and a half ago. The unusual thing is that now my permit is approved that it says that the background check was completed the same day as my biometrics (November 29th).

I forgot to mention that I submitted a police check before I did my biometrics via webform to try to speed things up.

SAAR2017

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Honestly, I can't quite remember when this changed. I only noticed that the background check was under review about a week and a half ago. The unusual thing is that now my permit is approved that it says that the background check was completed the same day as my biometrics (November 29th).

I forgot to mention that I submitted a police check before I did my biometrics via webform to try to speed things up.
Thanks a lot! Very useful information.