+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

post-doc researcher work permit

alialvi92

Dec 29, 2021
Hi, A friend of mine applied for Post-Doc work permit and just got an additional document request. Can you please explain, if the Client information points ("Provide your complete education and employment history for the past ten (10) years without any gaps in dates.") need to be submitted written in a word document? or just filled into the IMM5257 (Application for a visitor visa) form?

Also, there is a column "Funds available for Stay" in the form, need to submit bank statement as proof now or just write amount there?

Also, Do you think it is needed to submit experience letters for the jobs being mentioned? Thank you so much for your help.

Here is the requirement in the additional document request:

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to
continue processing your application within 30 days of the date on this letter:
Client Information: Provide your complete education and employment history for the past ten (10)
years without any gaps in dates.
- If employed, provide the name of employer, position, period of employment (month and year) and
location (city and country). Include if you have held any government positions.
- If you were unemployed for some periods of time, write “Unemployed” for Activity/ Occupation
section and “N/A” for Company/ Employer section. You may complete the city/town and country
sections based on your residence at that time.
- If you were attending an educational institution, state the institution's name, program of study, dates
attended (month and year) and location (city and country).
This must be received at this office by: 2021/11/18.
Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer
since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate.
- Provide a No Criminal Activity Certificate from China. This must be received at this office by:
2021/11/18.
Schedule 1: A newly completed Schedule 1 Application for a Temporary Residence Form (IMM
5257). This must be received at this office by: 2021/11/18.
Hello Basit, can you provide the timeline for your friend? How long did it take from passing medical to getting this request for additional document? Thanks.

SAAR2017

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Hi everyone,
Is there any updates or activities on LIMIA exempt visa (postdocs) application sent online in Dec 2021?

SAAR2017

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
For almost all postdocs applying from outside Canada, there is a eligibility for two-week visa processing priority! However, if you check the application status via this: "https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html", it says they are just finalizing applications received from 5th Sep to 11th Sep 2021!!! If this is a case, all postdocs applied in Dec for instance, must wait for at least 4 month!!!! Any idea? or opinion guys?

SAAR2017

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
I applied in april and still waiting for the decision.

One of my friend got work permit approved in 3 months, so time taken for each application is not same.
Hi there! Have you received your decision yet? and where did your friend applied from?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For almost all postdocs applying from outside Canada, there is a eligibility for two-week visa processing priority! However, if you check the application status via this: "https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html", it says they are just finalizing applications received from 5th Sep to 11th Sep 2021!!! If this is a case, all postdocs applied in Dec for instance, must wait for at least 4 month!!!! Any idea? or opinion guys?
Yes, be prepared for a wait of several months. There are a couple of work permit categories that qualify for faster processing. However in most cases on this forum we are seeing these applications take several months rather than 2 weeks.

So there's certainly some chance you may get lucky and benefit from faster processing. However there is a higher chance you will need to wait for several months for a result.

SAAR2017

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Yes, be prepared for a wait of several months. There are a couple of work permit categories that qualify for faster processing. However in most cases on this forum we are seeing these applications take several months rather than 2 weeks.

So there's certainly some chance you may get lucky and benefit from faster processing. However there is a higher chance you will need to wait for several months for a result.
Thanks for your remark! I have already obtained a visitor visa and it will be valid until July 2022 and I also had a work permit visa for my previous job that is expired due to my resign and returning back to my country. So, there would be any chance that I already passed some tedious steps? Would it be useful if I send them a letter to inform them about my potentially helpful conditions?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your remark! I have already obtained a visitor visa and it will be valid until July 2022 and I also had a work permit visa for my previous job that is expired due to my resign and returning back to my country. So, there would be any chance that I already passed some tedious steps? Would it be useful if I send them a letter to inform them about my potentially helpful conditions?
They can see that you have a valid TRV and work visa in the system. So no, you do not need to notify them.