+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

post-doc researcher work permit

Feb 16, 2022
Hello everyone,
I hope all are doing well.

Actually, I have applied for a Canadian work permit (from India) as I received an LMIA exemption in the C44 category which is related to PostDoc. I submitted my file on 21st January and my anticipated start date of PostDoc is 1st February 2022.
Kindly can anybody suggest how long it will take for a visa in the current pandemic situation? If anybody has recently received a visa/work permit can he/she please share his experience? Thanks in advance and Regards.

SAAR2017

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Hello everyone,

Actually, I have applied for a Canadian work permit (from India) as I received an LMIA exemption in the C44 category which is related to PostDoc. I submitted my file on 21st January and my anticipated start date of PostDoc is 1st February 2022.
Kindly can anybody suggest how long it will take for a visa in the current pandemic situation? If anybody has recently received a visa/work permit can he/she please share his experience? Thanks in advance and Regards.
Hi, in your case it will take 1 year to get your visa unfortunately!

Feb 16, 2022
Hi, in your case it will take 1 year to get your visa unfortunately!
Thanks and Regards for your prompt response.
Yes, it is too long a time that even my PostDoc duration will expire. Is it possible that seeing such an elongated time my employer can cancel my PostDoc position? Have you ever heard of a similar case?

SAAR2017

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Thanks and Regards for your prompt response.
Yes, it is too long a time that even my PostDoc duration will expire. Is it possible that seeing such an elongated time my employer can cancel my PostDoc position? Have you ever heard of a similar case?
Unfortunately they (PIs) will revoke the postdoc offer letters due to prolonged visa processing time! They cannot wait for one year, that is kind of logical! However, the IRCC is super irresponsible for postdoc and researchers visa who are really going to contribute to the scientific community of Canada, rather than visitor or other categories! It's a mess at the moment!

Peterjnr

Jan 18, 2022
Hello everyone,

Do you qualify for global talent strategy?

Feb 16, 2022
Unfortunately they (PIs) will revoke the postdoc offer letters due to prolonged visa processing time! They cannot wait for one year, that is kind of logical! However, the IRCC is super irresponsible for postdoc and researchers visa who are really going to contribute to the scientific community of Canada, rather than visitor or other categories! It's a mess at the moment!
Thanks a lot bro for your time and briefing things in such a nice manner. Regards

SAAR2017

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022

MMCA4244

Feb 4, 2022

SAAR2017

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Was this indicated during the application? Because indicating this reduces the processing time
You will automatically fall into that category based on your answers to the form. However, it will way way longer than two weeks due to Covid pandemic!