+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POLICE CERTIFICATE MEXICO

izc2693

Aug 4, 2020
We received an email from IRCC at the beginning of July asking for a Mexicon Police Certificate. My wife went to FGR and applied and we received the certificate in about 10-15 days. The certificate was both couriered to the embassy and also submitted via webform. The response email we received indicated that the digital document was being routed to the case officer as all case officers are teleworking.

At this point the holdup seems to be the VAC and not the embassy so much
Hello,

So there is no problem if you to request the police certificate with the aid of the family even if you have already sent your documents to the embassy?

Thanks

Julian89

Apr 22, 2019
Hi guys,

I got the request letter and I sent the information required to proceed with the Police Certificate to the Embassy of Canada, Immigration Section. Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Col. Granada C.P. 11520, Mexico D.F. MEXICO.

I am an inland applicant and I'm wondering what should I need to submit in my IRCC application?

I would really appreciate any information you provide.

Thanks a lot!

P.S. Additionally, I wanted to mention that the IRCC instructions state the following:

You won’t receive the original police certificate. The certificate will be sent to us and the results will be uploaded directly in our system.

aioriags

Aug 9, 2020
Hello everyone,

A month ago or so I received my invitation to apply. I I got the fingerprints and sent them to the embassy in Mexico City but now I am also concerned about the long processing times. I sent an email to the IRCC office in mexico and I hope they get back to me soon.

Another concern of mine is when am I supposed to submit my other documents? (medical form, passport, job/school records, other police records, etc). Do I submit them as soon as I have them, or do I have to wait until my the embassy in gets my police record?

Some people in this thread have also talked about a web form, and say they were asked to provide a police record but I don't know if I am in that stage yet? I am at the stage where they just gave me checklist.

I would appreciate any help!

Edit: Seems that I submitted by police record without submitting my permanent residency application first, has anyone ever experienced this issue?

Last edited:

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Hi everyone
I'm a mexican national that is currently residing in México, just got an ITA last week. Because I knew I was getting a ITA soon, emailed the Canadian embassy in México a few weeks back so they could send me the letter, they told me they just sent to "open applications".
Now that I have an ITA, emailed them again, and now they sent me a document with 5 instructions. Have a few questions that hopefully you guys could solve:
-Should I request this letter and Constancia from México now? Or should I submit all of my other documents (PoF, PCC from USA, etc...) And then add it? I think I read it was fine to submit after everything was submitted, but if I could do before, maybe that's better?
-They are asking me to provide a set of fingerprints that is signed by a police agency. If I am in México, who should do this? I have fingerprinted myself before, no agency, for the USA PCC. Not sure if its 100% needed to be done by an "agency", or if I could do myself
-"Quote your file number, name of visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate
or Case Processing Centre where your file is being processed" what does this refer to? Would my EE profile ID suffice?

aioriags

Aug 9, 2020
-"Quote your file number, name of visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate
or Case Processing Centre where your file is being processed" what does this refer to? Would my EE profile ID suffice?
Hey there,

As far as my understanding goes, you are supposed to submit your permanent residency application ( with all files except Mexico police record) and then you are supposed to get some letter asking for the Mexico police certificate, but I am not 100% sure about this

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html

Do I need to provide a police certificate with my application?
No. We’ll send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your application for permanent residence or citizenship. You must bring that letter when you apply for a police certificate.

I was just wondering the same thing as you recently, only difference is that I'm applying from Canada. I messed up and sent my prints and everything before submitting my application, because I still need to do the medical test, so my application is not "complete" yet. I'm trying to complete my application as fast as possible now so we'll see what happens.

Reactions: BlindGoku

aioriags

Aug 9, 2020
Also does anyone know if they only take ink fingerprints? Are digital not allowed? I've found it hard to find a place to do ink fingerprints due to COVID

CCC123

Jun 17, 2020
Hello everyone, I just called the FGR and they told me that they just started again working with the issuing of Police Certificates with the Canadian Embassy and that possibly we will receive some news in the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: Conaider and mxqc

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Hello everyone, I just called the FGR and they told me that they just started again working with the issuing of Police Certificates with the Canadian Embassy and that possibly we will receive some news in the next couple of weeks.
FGR is open, and they are issuing the PCC. I went late last week, now just waiting the 2 weeks that it takes for them to release it.

CCC123

Jun 17, 2020
FGR is open, and they are issuing the PCC. I went late last week, now just waiting the 2 weeks that it takes for them to release it.
How did you get the "Carta de solicitud de la constancia de datos registrales expedida por la Embajada, Consulado o dependencia de gobierno con vigencia no mayor a tres meses después de la fecha de expedición, dirigida a la persona titular de la Dirección General de Control de Procesos Penales Federales o de la delegación estatal correspondiente de la Procuraduría General de la República. " ?

I called because I wanted to ask a family member to do it for me in Mexico, but without the letter from the Embassy or consulate, they won't do it. Did the Canadian embassy send you the letter to do the request?

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
How did you get the "Carta de solicitud de la constancia de datos registrales expedida por la Embajada, Consulado o dependencia de gobierno con vigencia no mayor a tres meses después de la fecha de expedición, dirigida a la persona titular de la Dirección General de Control de Procesos Penales Federales o de la delegación estatal correspondiente de la Procuraduría General de la República. " ?

I called because I wanted to ask a family member to do it for me in Mexico, but without the letter from the Embassy or consulate, they won't do it. Did the Canadian embassy send you the letter to do the request?
I don't think they can do it for you. You need be there, as they take your fingerprints and hand prints. You should follow the process of one being outside México, as stated on the official Canada website on México's PCC.

Reactions: CCC123

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hi everybody,

Has anybody sent their documents recently via Canada Post (from Canada to the Embassy in Mexico, to request for the PCC)? I made the mistake of not looking for alternatives and now it's been almost a month and the documents don't show up as delivered yet. Has anybody send them through FedEx, UPS, or so? If so, was it delivered fast?

Last edited:

CCC123

Jun 17, 2020
I don't think they can do it for you. You need be there, as they take your fingerprints and hand prints. You should follow the process of one being outside México, as stated on the official Canada website on México's PCC.
I can do this through a representative, I just requested for the official letter for the Canadian Embassy to be able to request the Police Certificate directly to FGR. When you emailed the Canadian Embassy to ask for the official letter how long did it take them to answer your email/get back to you?

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hi guys,

I got the request letter and I sent the information required to proceed with the Police Certificate to the Embassy of Canada, Immigration Section. Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Col. Granada C.P. 11520, Mexico D.F. MEXICO.

I am an inland applicant and I'm wondering what should I need to submit in my IRCC application?

I would really appreciate any information you provide.

Thanks a lot!

P.S. Additionally, I wanted to mention that the IRCC instructions state the following:

You won’t receive the original police certificate. The certificate will be sent to us and the results will be uploaded directly in our system.
Hi,

I have a question for you. Did you send the documents through Canada Post? Have they been received?

For your question, I can tell you I applied using a representative and she said she would send a note when the documents we sent got received at the Embassy in Mexico (this as evidence that we completed the steps that we needed to take, and that are within our control)..

I guess for other countries you do get the Police Cert so in that case you would submit it.. for us needing the Police Cert from Mexico, we don't get the certificate ourselves so it makes sense to submit evidence that we at least "did our part". That's my 2 cents.

Last edited:

mxqc

Jul 9, 2019

Hey, the info of how to get the “Carta de solicitud de la constancia…” is in the web page of the mexican consulate in Montreal (i don't know about other consulates). You can also call the consulate to ask all the info.