+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POLICE CERTIFICATE MEXICO

mxqc

Jul 9, 2019
This is the answer i received from the embassy:

Thank you for contacting the Risk Assessment Unit of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico. Please note that due to measures in response to COVID-19, we have reduced capacity to respond to non-urgent enquiries. Please refer to: xxxxxxxxx
Thanks for letting us know. When did you asked/email them about your PC?

CCC123

Jun 17, 2020
I am in the exact same situation. Hopefully, the change to the orange light (semaforo Naranja) this week will speed up the process, although I think the backlog is potentially at the Canadian Embassy and not the FGR, but who knows.

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hi everybody!

Does anybody know if the Embassy in Mexico is processing the Police Certificate requests at all (even if it is not priority)? Or are they not doing that process at all?

Any insight is very much appreciated!

mars26

Apr 20, 2020
Hi everybody!

Does anybody know if the Embassy in Mexico is processing the Police Certificate requests at all (even if it is not priority)? Or are they not doing that process at all?

No, I've been waiting since March

• Sad
Reactions: Conaider

mxqc

Jul 9, 2019
Hi everybody!

I send an email on July 7 and I got an automated response saying that due to COVID the FGR has stopped all non essential service until further notice, and the police certificate is a non essential service

Reactions: Conaider

izc2693

Aug 4, 2020
Hello,

I sent my documentation to request the police certificate since February and yesterday I received an automatic reply.

Mexico has officially declared the coronavirus pandemic a national public health emergency, suspending all but essential activities in the private and public sectors and asking the population to stay home. Accordingly, the Migration section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City is currently working with essential staff only and providing essential urgent services through teleworking.

Issuance of police certificates by the Fiscalía General de la República (FGR) is not an essential service, therefore processing has been halted until further notice. Regular services, including the process of FGR certificates, will resume when restrictions are lifted by the local government.

No application in progress will be closed or refused because of documents missing due to COVID-19. We’ll automatically give you 90 days to complete these steps.

You can monitor the situation on IRCC website https://www.canada.ca/fr/immigration-refugies-citoyennete/services/coronavirus-covid19/candidats-immigration.html#s4

izc2693

Aug 4, 2020
Few days I called directly to the FGR to see if they are working and they seem to operate like normal with 20 "fichas" per day to do any requests. So it is really the embassy that is not working.

mxqc

Jul 9, 2019
Few days I called directly to the FGR to see if they are working and they seem to operate like normal with 20 "fichas" per day to do any requests. So it is really the embassy that is not working.
Hey, could you please share the phone number of the FGR?

mxqc

Jul 9, 2019
Hello,

I sent my documentation to request the police certificate since February and yesterday I received an automatic reply.

Mexico has officially declared the coronavirus pandemic a national public health emergency, suspending all but essential activities in the private and public sectors and asking the population to stay home. Accordingly, the Migration section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City is currently working with essential staff only and providing essential urgent services through teleworking.

Issuance of police certificates by the Fiscalía General de la República (FGR) is not an essential service, therefore processing has been halted until further notice. Regular services, including the process of FGR certificates, will resume when restrictions are lifted by the local government.

No application in progress will be closed or refused because of documents missing due to COVID-19. We’ll automatically give you 90 days to complete these steps.

You can monitor the situation on IRCC website https://www.canada.ca/fr/immigration-refugies-citoyennete/services/coronavirus-covid19/candidats-immigration.html#s4

Hey, when did you send them the email asking about the police certificate ?

Jeff Bevans

Oct 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Hi everybody!

We received an email from IRCC at the beginning of July asking for a Mexicon Police Certificate. My wife went to FGR and applied and we received the certificate in about 10-15 days. The certificate was both couriered to the embassy and also submitted via webform. The response email we received indicated that the digital document was being routed to the case officer as all case officers are teleworking.

At this point the holdup seems to be the VAC and not the embassy so much