+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POLICE CERTIFICATE MEXICO

monamigo

Star Member
Mar 13, 2020
I sent my documents on March 19th and were received the next day at the Canadian embassy in Mexico. The mail that I just received from the embassy does not specify if my documents were sent to the FGR... :( Idk since when they stopped
The same situation as mine, not sure when my docs can be sending to FGR, an Email was sent to Canadian embassy to confirm receipt of the application, replied as follows:

Mexico has officially declared the coronavirus pandemic a national public health emergency, suspending all but essential activities in the private and public sectors and asking the population to stay home. Accordingly, the Migration section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City is currently working with essential staff only and providing essential urgent services through teleworking.

Issuance of police certificates by the Fiscalía General de la República (FGR) is not an essential service, therefore processing has been halted until further notice. Regular services, including the process of FGR certificates, will resume when restrictions are lifted by the local government.

PLDAr

May 5, 2020
I am confused!! i am applying through Express Entry online! and they ask for me to upload my police certificate from Mexico and it wont let me continue to the next part until i do. But like you guys say i need a letter first! and on the IRCC website it says "You must first submit your application for permanent residence or citizenship. We’ll tell you when you need a police certificate. "!

But if it wont let me continue to submit my application online without the police report how am i supposed to apply first???

T.T HELP?

RedNed

May 29, 2020
The same situation as mine, not sure when my docs can be sending to FGR, an Email was sent to Canadian embassy to confirm receipt of the application, replied as follows:

Mexico has officially declared the coronavirus pandemic a national public health emergency, suspending all but essential activities in the private and public sectors and asking the population to stay home. Accordingly, the Migration section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City is currently working with essential staff only and providing essential urgent services through teleworking.

Issuance of police certificates by the Fiscalía General de la República (FGR) is not an essential service, therefore processing has been halted until further notice. Regular services, including the process of FGR certificates, will resume when restrictions are lifted by the local government.
Hi Monamigo,

I'm in the same case, have you had any update since April ?

Thanks
Red

Last edited:

RedNed

May 29, 2020
Hello! I'm waiting for my police certificate from Mexico and today I received an email from the Canadian embassy in Mexico saying that the FGR (FISCALIA) has stopped all the services until further notice :(
Hello,

Any update on FGR ? did they resume issuing PCCs ?

RedNed

May 29, 2020
I sent my documents on March 19th and were received the next day at the Canadian embassy in Mexico. The mail that I just received from the embassy does not specify if my documents were sent to the FGR... :( Idk since when they stopped
Mars26 any update on FGR ? did they resume issuing PCCs ?

CyberTania

Jun 3, 2020
Hi everyone, I don't understand why we are writing in english... but OK... I send the documents for the police certificate to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico and they returned them to me, telling me that they are not working on police certificate because it is not an essential activity due COVID-19. I can go to Mexico, but do you know if they are working now?

mxqc

Jul 9, 2019
Hi everyone, I don't understand why we are writing in english... but OK... I send the documents for the police certificate to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico and they returned them to me, telling me that they are not working on police certificate because it is not an essential activity due COVID-19. I can go to Mexico, but do you know if they are working now?
Hi CyberTania, a family member called the FGR two weeks ago and nobody answered. But la jornada de sana distancia just ended, so I would hope that the FGR is working now. It would be worth calling them again

When did you send your documents?

CyberTania

Jun 3, 2020
I sent my documents on May 2, and they were returned 2 week later. Now I am calling FGR at (55) 53-46-00-00 Ext. 508427, but they said there are the DEPARTAMENTO CONTRA PIRATERIA and they dont know about the "CONSTANCIA DE ANTECEDENTES REGISTRALES" They suggested me to stay on the line and do not dial any extension and nobody answer. Do you think they are still closed?

CyberTania

Jun 3, 2020
I think they are still working as the submitted my PCC to Canadian Embassy two weeks ago and this situation had already started. I also called the Fiscalia by the end of March and they said they were still working but less people was around. Good luck with your process, mine took 68 working days from the date the Embassy sent my stuff to the Mexican authorities.
Can you give me the phone number of the FGR please???

VICTORMEX87

Jun 8, 2020
To anyone applying to get the PCC through the embassy of Canada in Mexico be aware that the time to get it, is so long
Sharing my time line
Documents send to MX ——— Jan 28
Documents received————— Jan 29
Documents send to PGR ——— Feb 22
Is being 71 days since they got my fingerprints and nothing or 47 days since they send to the PGR ... since last week I start to email one email per week I just did yesterday, anyone in the same boat or normally how long they take after they send to the PGR .... thanks for the help
Hi Adrian, how did you get this timeline? I think my case is similar than yours. I sent all my documents in January but I have no idea about my Police Certificate.

monamigo

Star Member
Mar 13, 2020
I mailed my paper application to Canadian embassy in March, Unfortunately i get no update thus far. But i checked with my source in Mexico being told Federal government back to work for a while, but not sure if Canadian embassy does the same, I will email them again to see if they transfer my application to PCC

mxqc

Jul 9, 2019
I mailed my paper application to Canadian embassy in March, Unfortunately i get no update thus far. But i checked with my source in Mexico being told Federal government back to work for a while, but not sure if Canadian embassy does the same, I will email them again to see if they transfer my application to PCC
I hope they are processing the PC. I send my documents on January and still no news. I have emailed the embassy and I only get an automated reply.

Please let us know what the embassy answer is

monamigo

Star Member
Mar 13, 2020
I hope they are processing the PC. I send my documents on January and still no news. I have emailed the embassy and I only get an automated reply.

Please let us know what the embassy answer is
This is the answer i received from the embassy:

Thank you for contacting the Risk Assessment Unit of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico. Please note that due to measures in response to COVID-19, we have reduced capacity to respond to non-urgent enquiries. Please refer to: xxxxxxxxx