+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate Mexico - Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales

javierzp

Jul 1, 2019
Toronto
Not sure which test you mean

If you're referring to giving biometrics to CIC, they have suspended that. The application updated at some point to say "We do not require your biometrics"

If you are referring to getting the fingerprints for getting the police certificate from Mexico. we found a place in Missisauga that was open during COVID, but now there are more places doing this...just have to search RCMP-accredited fingerprinting in Google for your city
Hi

I'm only missing the police certificate but, it says that it will be requested from IRCC at a later after submission, however, it doesn't allow me to go further and submit the full application because of this. So, to be able to make the payment. What I'm missing?

javierzp

Jul 1, 2019
Toronto
Actually, I messaged them that they sent me the instructions for a person who is not currently in México, and told them I would reach them in a later day once I finished upload all of the other documents. Well they sent me the request letter today, so should I request it now, and see if I can submit the Mexico PCC along all of my other documents?
How can you advance to the AOR or event to the payment option if for doing that you need to upload the Police records, but at the same time they tell you that they will request that later? What do you upload in the Police records upload documents section then?

Thanks!

rmassey1984

Sep 15, 2020
Hi

I'm only missing the police certificate but, it says that it will be requested from IRCC at a later after submission, however, it doesn't allow me to go further and submit the full application because of this. So, to be able to make the payment. What I'm missing?
Which type of application are you- Express Entry or Family/Spousal class? And is the police certificate required for you or a dependent?

As far as I remember it didn't prevent me from making the payment in either case

rmassey1984

Sep 15, 2020
Hello everyone! Any news for people for whom the embassy let you know they received the certificate on September 1 (or around)? Despite that news, my online profile still not reflects this change...
It would depend on where in the process your application is. My wife's was received by the embassy and uploaded to CIC around Sept 14. Then on 21 Sept she received an e-mail from CIC with the "landing" questions and once she replied to that she got the confirmation of PR after 2 days

Now, in our case the PCC was the very last thing they were waiting for; she has already got the approval in principle ("AIP") and I was approved as sponsor ("SA") on August 28. So depending on where you are in the process, you could either receive the confirmation quite soon, or you may have a few months to wait to get the AIP and SA

monamigo

Star Member
Mar 13, 2020
It would depend on where in the process your application is. My wife's was received by the embassy and uploaded to CIC around Sept 14. Then on 21 Sept she received an e-mail from CIC with the "landing" questions and once she replied to that she got the confirmation of PR after 2 days

Now, in our case the PCC was the very last thing they were waiting for; she has already got the approval in principle ("AIP") and I was approved as sponsor ("SA") on August 28. So depending on where you are in the process, you could either receive the confirmation quite soon, or you may have a few months to wait to get the AIP and SA
I mailed my application to Canada Embassy in March 2020, multiple emails were sent to check status no response at all, anyone applied after March received any update?

javierzp

Jul 1, 2019
Toronto
Which type of application are you- Express Entry or Family/Spousal class? And is the police certificate required for you or a dependent?

As far as I remember it didn't prevent me from making the payment in either case
Hi, thanks for replying

I'm filling an Express Entry, after we received an ITA under CEC, the police certificate is required for both myself and my spouse. I just can't see other than [EXIT QUESTIONARY] no next, no pay, no submit. But I'm guessing is because I haven't attached those files.

rmassey1984

Sep 15, 2020
Hi, thanks for replying

I'm filling an Express Entry, after we received an ITA under CEC, the police certificate is required for both myself and my spouse. I just can't see other than [EXIT QUESTIONARY] no next, no pay, no submit. But I'm guessing is because I haven't attached those files.
If you are filing from Mexico you need to get the police certificate yourself first and attach it.

If not from Mexico, then I'm not sure why... try giving IRCC a call. You can usually get them if you try around 8am Eastern Time. I don't think its because of not submitting a document because often they will let you submit without a document and then upload later (or they will reject it if it is incomplete, but either way it will let you at least submit)

Reactions: javierzp

javierzp

Jul 1, 2019
Toronto
If you are filing from Mexico you need to get the police certificate yourself first and attach it.

If not from Mexico, then I'm not sure why... try giving IRCC a call. You can usually get them if you try around 8am Eastern Time. I don't think its because of not submitting a document because often they will let you submit without a document and then upload later (or they will reject it if it is incomplete, but either way it will let you at least submit)
I'm Currently here in Canada and as I have read, you need to send all the documentation to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico, so what would you need to upload in the PCC section, if you actually need a letter from IRCC.

geraaren

Oct 17, 2020
I'm Currently here in Canada and as I have read, you need to send all the documentation to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico, so what would you need to upload in the PCC section, if you actually need a letter from IRCC.
Javierzp, you just have to upload a letter indicating that according to instructions to get Police Certificate in https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html, you will await to receive document requesting Police Cerfificate.

I did this, and it worked. They just sent me the letters requesting de Police Certificate, which you send along with everything to the Canada Embassy in Mexico...

Reactions: javierzp

geraaren

Oct 17, 2020
The average time for the PC once you send all the information to the Canadian Embassy is 98 days. There are two ways to get the PC:

1.- Sent all the documentation to the Canadian Embassy and wait.

2.- To request the letter and ask a family member to help you, you will get it in less than 15 days.

You can do both.

In order to accelerate the process, once you send the information or they submitted. Request the GCMS notes. This makes the officer check your file and trigger the next step. If not, it can take up to 7 months once you start the PC process to get the PPR.

If you need more information on how to get the PC faster (option 2) I can give you the information where they can help you. (
@Franko72 just sent you a DM. I want to try Option 2, already have the letters for a family member go to the FGR, but then what?, when I have them, where do I send them, to the Embassy o directly to ICC in Nova Scotia?

Thanks!

javierzp

Jul 1, 2019
Toronto
Javierzp, you just have to upload a letter indicating that according to instructions to get Police Certificate in https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html, you will await to receive document requesting Police Cerfificate.

I did this, and it worked. They just sent me the letters requesting de Police Certificate, which you send along with everything to the Canada Embassy in Mexico...
Hi, and first of all thanks for sharing!. How long after submission and payment did they take to send you that letter/information? And when did happened? Thanks again

monamigo

Star Member
Mar 13, 2020
Hello everyone, I mailed my fingerprints to Canada Embassy in March 2020, already 7 months I have not received any response. Last week I called IRCC being told they are still waiting for my Mexico Police Certificate. Not sure anybody else here in the same situation? I will keep ya posted when i have an update.

Last edited:

Manuelg777

Sep 8, 2019
Hello members! Good morning, I have a question regarding Mexican PCC., hopefully you can give me some guidance about this.

I'm Mexican, and I'll be applying through CEC this November (in 3 weeks), and I'll have all of my documents ready by that date, I'll also take the medicals upfront. But I have a specific situation with the Mexican PCC; I already have it, my company asked for one (Carta de Antecedentes Registrales) and it was issued this month, October, while I was here in Canada, with a request letter from the Mexican embassy to the Police in Mexico (PGR), and the help of my mom, using power of attorney. My two main questions here, are:

-Can I use this letter? It's fulfilling the requirements of being less than 6 months old, and it was issued after the last time I was in Mexico (July). The letter is addressed to the Mexican embassy in Toronto. The concern I have is what it's stated on IRCC's website, for Mexico:

"You don’t need to provide a police certificate with your application. We’ll send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your application for permanent residence or citizenship. You must bring that letter when you apply for a police certificate."

Will it be a problem? Can I just upload the letter? Or should I upload it and also write a Letter of explanation explaining why I have it already?

Thank experts!

Reactions: AngryBurrito